PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting to think we should trade Lynch....

Canadian'eh!
09-20-2009, 06:16 PM
I know i'll get lambasted for this... but i'm seriously thinking that maybe we should commit to Jackson make Lynch the 2nd RB and then trade him either this year or in the offseason.

He's had 2 arrests. He's one more from a very long suspension.

meanwhile Jackson looks like he could be a star in the making.

I can't recall 2 games where Marshawn looked as good as Jackson has.

We still have lots of needs, and i'm not sure we can afford to keep a 2 back system like many other teams when we could get so much for Lynch and fill OTHER needs.

I dunno... I say keep Jackson playing all year and if he's as good as it seems make the move this coming offseason.. probably get another 1st or more.

kid mickey
09-20-2009, 06:18 PM
why trade beast mode??? You deserve to be blasted

Canadian'eh!
09-20-2009, 06:21 PM
why trade beast mode??? You deserve to be blasted

Because I'm not blinded by liking a player.

He's a good RB, but if Jackson could be better, then take advantage of a strength and make a move to address bigger needs... if we were set at otter positions then I'd say great... 2 back system.. but we aren't.

It's a business.

LtFinFan66
09-20-2009, 06:22 PM
he doesn't deserve to be blasted at all. I see his point but it's smart to keep both in case of injury

Mr. Pink
09-20-2009, 06:23 PM
A few people on this site have been saying to trade Lynch ever since last season....like TDummy and myself.

Jackson while not only being the better player of the two is a better fit for the offense we run.

Novacane
09-20-2009, 06:23 PM
I don't have a problem trading him but I don't think we'd get a first for him.

Lexwhat
09-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Smart plan... that is, until Fred Jackson gets injured.

Especially with a team like ours, you need 2 good RBs.

Unless some team is offering a 1st round pick for Lynch (very doubtful), you can't trade him away.

shelby
09-20-2009, 06:32 PM
At the end of last season i would have said vehemently "hell no".

Now i'm not so sure....Freddy Jax has been outstanding.

i think we need Lynch for depth though.

kid mickey
09-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Wait for week four you'll all be singing a different song once he starts tearing it up!!!

You just don't trade a pro-bowl rb...

Canadian'eh!
09-20-2009, 06:34 PM
I'm not saying it's a great idea.... but I'm not sure Lynch is effective as a platoon back.. he needs to wear down D's.

Like I said... maybe draft a guy in the middle rounds next year or sign a solid vet backup... I'd not trade lynch without having some insurance besides Omon.

I'm not SURE we'd get a first... but Isn't Lynch worth as much as Roy Williams?

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
Why trade him when we can keep both???

Nighthawk
A few people on this site have been saying to trade Lynch ever since last season....like TDummy and myself.

Jackson while not only being the better player of the two is a better fit for the offense we run.

Won't happen and would not make sense to do it. Jackson is great and I like him a lot, but he is 28...you don't trade a young talent and then have to draft another in a year or two. Of course, I may pursuaded if we could get a high enough pick.

Canadian'eh!
09-20-2009, 06:35 PM
At the end of last season i would have said vehemently "hell no".

Now i'm not so sure....Freddy Jax has been outstanding.

i think we need Lynch for depth though.
I am leaning towards agreeing... UNTIL the end of this season when you can add another RB as a backup and max out on Lynch.

remember... 2 arrests and 1 more is a year out i bet.

Buffalogic
09-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Why trade Lynch? Just why? I don't get it.

Novacane
09-20-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm not saying it's a great idea.... but I'm not sure Lynch is effective as a platoon back.. he needs to wear down D's.

Like I said... maybe draft a guy in the middle rounds next year or sign a solid vet backup... I'd not trade lynch without having some insurance besides Omon.

I'm not SURE we'd get a first... but Isn't Lynch worth as much as Roy Williams?

Roy Williams was not worth a first. Jerry Jones was stupid. I think we'd get a 2nd for Lynch.

ddaryl
09-20-2009, 06:43 PM
Please stop thinking.. it's not doing you any justice

Night Train
09-20-2009, 06:51 PM
The Bucs had 3 RB's with lots of experience today. Williams,Graham & Ward.

The Bills had 1.

Jackson can start but lets not lose our heads by leaving our cupboard completely empty before next season.

If the Bills were ever seriously thinking of moving Lynch this year, they would have NEVER cut Rhodes.

Come on... Think.

Mitchell55
09-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Why. We lose that 1-2 combo that all the great RBs have. There is not 1 RB in the NFL that doesnt have a great backup. LT-Sproles, Williams-Stewart, Jacobs-Bradshaw, AP-Taylor. It would be stupid.

TheBrownBear
09-20-2009, 06:52 PM
If Jackson were 24 or 25 it would make sense. Thing is, Jackson probably only has 3 or 4 more "prime" years left.

Syderick
09-20-2009, 06:54 PM
Lynch = BEASTMODE

The 1-2 punch of Lynch and Jackson is a great offensive weapon.

TacklingDummy
09-20-2009, 06:55 PM
I know i'll get lambasted for this... but i'm seriously thinking that maybe we should commit to Jackson make Lynch the 2nd RB and then trade him either this year or in the offseason.

We still have lots of needs, and i'm not sure we can afford to keep a 2 back system like many other teams when we could get so much for Lynch and fill OTHER needs.

I dunno... I say keep Jackson playing all year and if he's as good as it seems make the move this coming offseason.. probably get another 1st or more.

Dummy has been on this bandwagon for over a year. :bandwagon:

ddaryl
09-20-2009, 06:56 PM
Can you imagine Freddie and Lynch in the backfield, then motioning Lynch out. That can be a DC nightmare

When Lynch needs a rest ya got Freddie and vice versa

PLUS they are real good friends and don't mind sharing the workload.. You can't toss that aside, that is almost unheard of in this league

TacklingDummy
09-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Wait for week four you'll all be singing a different song once he starts tearing it up!!!

You just don't trade a pro-bowl rb...

In 2 years Lynch has been injured in both of them, injury prone? He's also one frig up away from another long vacation, it took him 12 games last year to finally rush for 100 yards. He's nothing special. Trade him and let Jackson be the man.

ddaryl
09-20-2009, 07:05 PM
In 2 years Lynch has been injured in both of them, injury prone? He's also one frig up away from another long vacation, it took him 12 games last year to finally rush for 100 yards. He's nothing special. Trade him and let Jackson be the man.

Wow I disagree.. He is a more punishing runner, and he drags the pile better then Jackson. He is a compliment to Jackson.

If he screws up again then yeah deep six him, but he and Jackson are a great tandem. I'd rater have both those guys on the roster personally

TacklingDummy
09-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Wow I disagree.. He is a more punishing runner, and he drags the pile better then Jackson. He is a compliment to Jackson.

What do you disagree on? That Lynch has been in injured in both years he's played or that it took him 12 games to get a 100 yard game last year, or that he's another frig up away from a year off?

Their running styles are different, Jackson runs to daylight, Lynch runs to contact. Personally I'd rather have the RB that runs to daylight. Lynch won't last long in this league with his style of running.

justasportsfan
09-20-2009, 07:16 PM
I wouldn't trade Lynch at all. Freddie isn't going to last a season carrying this kind of load.We need fresh legs all season long.

RoanokeVABillsFan
09-20-2009, 07:20 PM
I don't understand this one. I like Freddie too and he may even be better than Lynych. But we have to remember a couple of things. Every other team is looking to get two backs. We have them, why eliminate a strength. The second point is this is a completely different offensive line. We haven't seen what Marshawn can do behind them. Let's compare apples to apples before we get rash and start eliminating team position strengths. You need as many good players as you can get to get better than we've been in the past 9 years.

Crisis
09-20-2009, 07:37 PM
I love Marshawn but his legal troubles makes me lean more to the thought of getting someone else for the 1-2 punch.

He's 2 for 2 on legal troubles in offseasons so far...he has zero room for error and if messes up again he's gone for awhile...is he worth the risk?

i understand keeping 2 backs and under normal circumstances i'd agree with keeping marshawn but as good of a player he is, he's shown he can't stay out of trouble...

Throne Logic
09-20-2009, 08:23 PM
I don't think the idea is wise at all. You have two good backs. Take advantage of the change up running styles and the fact that both will still be fresh at the end of the game. There is nothing available in trade that would ultimately help this season more than having a great backfield tandem.

Side note: IF I thought about trading Lynch, why in the world would I trade him for a draft pick at the beginning of the season? He'll be worth just as much after the season is over. If anything, it would be a player trade for a position of need.

The King
09-20-2009, 08:29 PM
At this point Action Jackson is more valuable to the team he suits this offense better but we are in no way in a position to lose Lynch. The two like each other and enjoy working in tandem, thats a huge asset... down the line Lynch may be expendable but he certainly is not now. I do think we should see a 15-10 split in carries though, Marshawn doesnt need to be our go to back anymore.

THATHURMANATOR
09-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Keep them both.... Freddy is amazing though and has won me over.

kid mickey
09-20-2009, 09:16 PM
I have issues with Jackson's ball security, say what you want about beast modes offseason troubles, but when he's in the game its no competition, he runs harder, he's faster, and he protects the football, I'm not taking anything away from Jackson, but he does well with about two runs, the draw and the sweep, you ever notice how Buffalo is never in an I formation, always singleback, I'd like to see some split back formation with both of them on the field, I can't imagine letting go of a 23 yr old pro bowl rb, as long as he keeps his nose clean you've got to keep him, he sure as hell doesn't hurt the team when he's playing!!!

BillsWin
09-20-2009, 09:21 PM
some of you people never cease to amaze me. :sadwalk:

trapezeus
09-20-2009, 09:28 PM
let's see lynch run behind this line with big sweeps and sealed off blocks. then we'll decide.

i think Jackson is the better back in tight spaces. lynch lives for contact. sometimes you dont need that early in games. but lynch, once he's running, gets better in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

i wouldn't trade him, but i'd definitely think about starting him over lynch in certain situattions.

Mahdi
09-20-2009, 09:57 PM

So we turn one of the strengths of this team into a possible weakness is your idea? One good RB is not smart. Lynch gives us the best RB tandem in the league.

justasportsfan
09-20-2009, 10:21 PM
It only takes one play to end a players season especially with the amount of touches Jackson is getting. Ask Shouman.

PECKERWOOD
09-20-2009, 10:33 PM
Only way I'd trade Beastmode is for another established pro bowl player.

mysticsoto
09-20-2009, 11:58 PM
Unbelievable. With some of the serious injuries we saw today w/Schouman and Butler (and Shawn Nelson) people here have the gaul to say, let's trade Lynch?? If FJ gets hurt, then what? You'd look like an idiot and sentence the team to below mediocre level run plays for the rest of the year on Omon's back? C'mon, think before you say things. Look around the league, everybody is making sure they have 2 good backs on their team...

And everybody seems to have forgotten how good Lynch is - even when we had a crappy run blocking line last year, he still got yardage on his own. Wait til he comes back and you'll be eating your words...

Billz_fan
09-21-2009, 12:05 AM
Lynch will be fine. As long as we can keep him off the highways :D

Buffalogic
09-21-2009, 01:55 AM
Anyone who seriously wants us to trade Lynch should be tarred and feathered. I mean don't you people want to see what Lynch can do behind this oline? I expect big things.

And injuries. Hello!!

okaydo
09-21-2009, 02:14 AM
Get your facts straight!

Lynch has only been arrested *ONCE* in his life -- in February for the gun charge.

He was cited with the equivalent of a traffic ticket for the hit and run, but he was never arrested.

In fact, the gun charge was the first criminal charge Lynch faced in his 23 years of life.

colin
09-21-2009, 07:05 AM
lynch behind this line in this wide open look O will be a sight. in the red zone he is a fuggin monster. i expect him to have several multiple TD games, once he gets a bit of steam and crosses the 25 it's a coin flip if he scores.

TedMock
09-21-2009, 07:32 AM
I certainly understand the concept, but I wouldn't teade either back. Both are good, both are tough and both are stronger in different areas. Jackson is the better receiver and he's got good patience in screen and counter plays. He's also excellent at cutting and going. Lynch is still faster and stronger though. Lynch also seems to drag more people between the tackles and has a great nose for the endzone. Lynch is more of a "lather him up" back a la a younger Clinton Portis. YPC go up as the game goes on. I would have them on the field together when possible as well. Also, as already mentioned, Lynch is a lot younger. At 28, Jackson just won't be around as long. I love them both.

TacklingDummy
09-21-2009, 07:35 AM
They had the same oline last and Jackson was the better overall back last year as well.

TacklingDummy
09-21-2009, 07:37 AM
Get your facts straight!

Lynch has only been arrested *ONCE* in his life -- in February for the gun charge.

He was cited with the equivalent of a traffic ticket for the hit and run, but he was never arrested.

In fact, the gun charge was the first criminal charge Lynch faced in his 23 years of life.

How many times have you been arrested?
How many times have you run over someone and left the scene of the accident? Odds are he would have been arrested that night as well if he didn't show all disregard for human life and left.

Jan Reimers
09-21-2009, 07:46 AM
I love how some of you decry our lack of depth at any number of positions, and then want to completely trade away our depth at RB because you become enamored of Jackson.

Rhettoric
09-21-2009, 07:48 AM
I think Kugler deserves alot of credit for the improved run blocking up front especially with such an inexperienced line. I love the way Fred hits the hole he is very decisive, Marshawn has been a little tentative at times, but I think we need both of them to help us win the time of possesion battle with the hurry up offense. :2cents:

madness
09-21-2009, 09:35 AM
I love how some of you decry our lack of depth at any number of positions, and then want to completely trade away our depth at RB because you become enamored of Jackson.

Most definitely... at this pace, Jackson would be worn down by mid-season.

It's not just about depth either. This offense gets even better with both of them out on the field... a lot better. Jackson becomes a weapon on the outside (a much better option than #11, IMO) and Lynch finally gets to run through some running lanes for a change.

Banks2Pierce
09-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Jackson would last until about week 8 at this pace...and that's just his legs and not including injuries.

Going to be a nice thunder and lightning combo when Marshawn comes back.

Captain gameboy
09-21-2009, 10:07 AM

It's a pattern here, among GM wannabe's.

If he's good, get rid of him, or the front office is stupid.

If he's good and wants an outrageous and unwarranted amount of money, don't let him go, or you are cheap.

dotatough
09-21-2009, 11:35 AM
no thats a terrible idea stop

Marvelous
09-21-2009, 04:07 PM
good grief. Fans like this are what pave the way for me to trade 1 week wonders in FF..

-We really need Lynch in pounding the rock up the middle..FJ is more elusive.

Philagape
09-21-2009, 04:15 PM
RB depth is not a luxury. It's essential.

You wanna give Fred 34 touches every week?

Mr. Pink
09-21-2009, 04:23 PM
I'd be more than happy giving Omon 5-7 touches per game to give Fred a breather.

THATHURMANATOR
09-21-2009, 05:11 PM
I think having 2 good running backs is a good problem to have.

JD
09-21-2009, 06:21 PM
I'd trade him too.

Sure, he can carry the pile for that extra yard, but he can't find the holes as well as Freddy can.

Hemlepp53
09-21-2009, 08:29 PM
The style and phyical make up of the defensive players these days requires TWO solid backs. Look at the recent trends in the top teir teams around the leauges. We need Lynch for what he brings on the field.

**** that plain and simple BEAST MODE!!!! We need as many BEASTs as we can get... He is going to be playing like his job is on the line with what Fred has been doing.

YardRat
09-21-2009, 08:38 PM
I wouldn't trade Lynch, but I wouldn't mind seeing him fill the role of 'change of pace back' with Jackson as starter.

RB#1A and RB#1B would help this team out an awful lot.

clumping platelets
09-21-2009, 11:28 PM
I would absolutely consider trading him if we were able to get a solid return. I have EVERY belief that Lynch will continue down the wrong road. Bills knew something was wrong with Travis Henry and drafted McGahee.

Crisis
09-22-2009, 04:02 AM
It's not about having two good runningbacks right now, do you guys really believe that lynch is going to stay out of trouble? next time he gets in trouble you better believe goodell is going to come down HARD on him. might as well get some return for him before it happens.

omon can get a bigger load if we're running freddie too hard.

YardRat
09-22-2009, 05:39 AM
Maybe we should have traded Bruce Smith while we still could've gotten a good return, also.

Jan Reimers
09-22-2009, 07:00 AM
It's not about having two good runningbacks right now, do you guys really believe that lynch is going to stay out of trouble? next time he gets in trouble you better believe goodell is going to come down HARD on him. might as well get some return for him before it happens.
I think it's too early to tell if Lynch, who is all of 23 or 24 years old, will continue his bad acts, or grow up and become a decent man. I wouldn't give up on him yet - and I have been one of his most severe critics.

Meathead
09-22-2009, 07:23 AM
we could probably get a sweet saturday night special and a bag of chronic

madness
09-22-2009, 08:29 AM

fo' shizzle!

clumping platelets
09-23-2009, 04:49 AM

Ain't nuttin' butt uh G thang baby :jig: