PDA

View Full Version : We won but

Bufftp
09-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Generally I am an optimist around these here parts. We won, but I feel more flat than Bills O at the start of the second half. It was a battle of who could be more inept between the two teams. A horrible display of football.

shelby
09-20-2009, 06:34 PM
There was no sense of urgency. They were very blah. i agree Ted.

Nighthawk
09-20-2009, 06:36 PM
Generally I am an optimist around these here parts. We won, but I feel more flat than Bills O at the start of the second half. It was a battle of who could be more inept between the two teams. A horrible display of football.

I agree 100%...nothing to be proud of and surely it didn't make me feel more confident for the rest of the year. This team played pretty poorly again, but Tampa was worse, so we were able to get the win. It's a win, but this team still looks crappy.

kid mickey
09-20-2009, 06:37 PM
Nobody plays perfect football all four quarters, overall it was a good game for Buffalo, I couldn't be happier with the end result!!!

imbondz
09-20-2009, 06:38 PM
I agree they came out flat in the 3rd, made alot of bad mistakes, but overall, i'm PSYCHED!!

Lexwhat
Good thread.

Wait till the Saints come to town next weekend.

imbondz
i'm more concerned about our injuries than the mistakes we made today. I think we can fix those, injuries we can't afford.

billsTOfan
If TO catches that other TD... the stats and score tell a different story with 3 LONG TD passes.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
09-20-2009, 06:40 PM
When I see the Bills play I don't want to "feel confident for the rest of the season" or whatever, I just want them to win the f@@@in game.

That is the thing.

Billz_fan
09-20-2009, 06:40 PM
I agree with the flatness and all. I was terribly mad while they went into that funk in the 3rd quarter.

I will forget about it much faster now though as a W fixes alot of mistakes :D

Nighthawk
09-20-2009, 06:41 PM
When I see the Bills play I don't want to "feel confident for the rest of the season" or whatever, I just want them to win the f'uck'in game.

That is the thing.

Do you honestly think this team can win against the top teams in the league? If you don't look at your team from that standpoint then you're just a cheerleader.

billsTOfan
09-20-2009, 06:45 PM
Do you honestly think this team can win against the top teams in the league? If you don't look at your team from that standpoint then you're just a cheerleader.

Look at last week. McKelvin holds onto ball. We shock world.

ddaryl
09-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Yeah that 3rd quarter was ugly.. No emotion no nothin

Typ0
09-20-2009, 06:48 PM
I thought we should have put it away much earlier too and letting them hang around into the fourth was very bad. But at least we won. TB does not have their acts together really. I have to give a ton of credit to Leftwich for his competitiveness. He never seems to lose sight of the situation on the team and what he needs to do to win. Today he needed to do a lot and made some really bad throws. Nonetheless he was pushing hard to help the team get a chance to win.

Syderick
09-20-2009, 06:48 PM
They did a fine job throughout the game. 3rd quarter was slump for the offense but other then that they did a decent job, putting up over 400 yards on the Bucs. Defence did an all right today. Stopped the running game and slowed the Bucs' O down.

Mitchell55
09-20-2009, 06:49 PM
We just lost energy because of how the 2nd quarter ended. We were just slowing things down and it worked for the most part in the 4th.

Typ0
09-20-2009, 06:49 PM
Also, I don't like the no huddle. I think it's killing us. It would be nice to be good at it and use it but this no huddle all the time is a big mistake.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
09-20-2009, 06:59 PM
You don't have to defeat the "top" teams to make it to the playoffs.

You can't convince yourself we can win the regular season in one game dude, take it step by step.

Night Train
09-20-2009, 07:00 PM
They hit a major dead zone in the early 2nd quarter and it carried well into the 3rd.

The 1st and 4th quarter, we saw a different team ( the one we wanted to see ).

It's a work in progress. Let's see if they can keep improving.

Typ0
09-20-2009, 07:05 PM
Got to stick with tp on this one. Enjoy it while you can the Aint's that are will be here next week.

EricStratton
09-20-2009, 07:07 PM

We are all freakin cheerleaders.

Not a damn poster on this board has anything to do with how this team plays on Sundays. We watch games, root for our team like crazy people and are either happy or frustrated at the end of the day.

And Monday, win or lose life goes on.

Why is that so hard to figure out.

Bill Cody
09-20-2009, 08:27 PM

Winning is never horrible.

sdbillsfan2
09-20-2009, 08:34 PM
I think the first two games of the season are the best case scenario of the season to come.(a 500 season) After seeing the Bucs the first half , we should have buried them in the second half.
We have a bunch of teams ahead of us who are sure going to play us a h*ll of alot tougher then Tampa did today. I know we're going to play better as the season goes along , but so will the rest of the NFL barring injuries.

on a side note.
Was it that sunny all game or was Dicky boy wearing shades to cover up a shiner ? lol

trapezeus
09-20-2009, 09:31 PM
i think two subpar teams battled today...i think if the bills pulled that end of 2Q and 3rd Q against a .500 team or better they'd have lost.

let's see what they do with the saints. that's the test.

SABURZFAN
09-21-2009, 09:40 AM

the beginning of the 2nd half had me a little worried. when TO caught the TD pass, i think that's when i actually felt that the Bills were going to win.

Historian
09-21-2009, 10:24 AM
i'm more concerned about our injuries than the mistakes we made today. I think we can fix those, injuries we can't afford.

My concern is Jauron.

Again poor clock management, playing for the FG, emotionless, etc.

All I jkept thinking about while the Bills were flat, was that opener against the Jags where BL threw the gamewinner on the last play.

I like a thinking man's coach, I really do.

But ML was a thinker, and showed emotion.

We were so spoiled all those years.

Jan Reimers
09-21-2009, 11:12 AM
We played well in the 1st and 4th quarters, poorly in the 2nd and 3rd. We'll need to do better against the Saints.

Buckets
09-21-2009, 11:30 AM
We played well in the 1st and 4th quarters, poorly in the 2nd and 3rd. We'll need to do better against the Saints.

Wow! I had to listen on sirius radio and only got to hear the 2nd quarter. FJ was ripping off 10 - 12 yard gains, TO dropped a perfectly thrown pass, the defense was shutting down TB.
One fumble and the whole quarter is bad?

mysticsoto
09-21-2009, 11:31 AM
I thought AVP did great in getting them out of their flatness by going to 5 WR sets. This seemed to jolt them out of it. I like his play calling and definitely think it's order of magnitudes better than Fairchild or Schonert!