PDA

View Full Version : Jauron still needs to go.

Canadian'eh!
09-20-2009, 06:41 PM
And here's why....

that FG at the end of the game was gutless.

You are up 9. it takes 2 scores to beat you..... TD and FG... pretty unlikely with not much time and no or 1 TO left....

but kicking the FG makes it a 2 TD game.... which is a bit safer... but 12 point lead isn't out of reach completely... go for the FG... trust your team and it's a 3 score game....

especially after the penalty and it's inches....

he can't feel the game out.. which is why he wasn't telling McKelvin to make SURE he holds the ball last week... kneel on it, or just cover up... but he HAD to tell them to protect the ball at all costs...

Belichik would be on top of these things.

ddaryl
09-20-2009, 06:43 PM
no argument here

lets see how he has this team ready to play New Orleans next week

Typ0
09-20-2009, 06:45 PM
not kicking that FG would be a dumb ass move.

And here's why....

You are up 9. it takes 2 scores to beat you..... TD and FG... pretty unlikely with not much time and no or 1 TO left....

but kicking the FG makes it a 2 TD game.... which is a bit safer... but 12 point lead isn't out of reach completely... go for the FG... trust your team and it's a 3 score game....

especially after the penalty and it's inches....

he can't feel the game out.. which is why he wasn't telling McKelvin to make SURE he holds the ball last week... kneel on it, or just cover up... but he HAD to tell them to protect the ball at all costs...

Belichik would be on top of these things.

Lexwhat
09-20-2009, 06:46 PM
It wasn't a "bad" call. What would happen if Trent throws an INT and the Bucs take it back?? We would be going crazy calling for Jauron's head.

Anyways, I am not too excited about this win. I am happy we won, but let's see how next week goes. This team still has a lot of work to do.

Mitchell55
09-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Jauron has prepared us very well for the last 2 games. He shouldnt be bashed untill we get murdered next week lol.

Nighthawk
09-20-2009, 06:48 PM
Jauron has prepared us very well for the last 2 games. He shouldnt be bashed untill we get murdered next week lol.

Ha, ha...yeah, OK...

Johnny Bugmenot
09-20-2009, 06:48 PM
I would've done the same as they did... take the points. Could they have got the 7? Possibly, but with the well-documented red zone troubles this team has, sometimes you have to play to your strengths, like it or not.

Canadian'eh!
09-20-2009, 06:54 PM
It wasn't a "bad" call. What would happen if Trent throws an INT and the Bucs take it back?? We would be going crazy calling for Jauron's head.

Anyways, I am not too excited about this win. I am happy we won, but let's see how next week goes. This team still has a lot of work to do.

Run it or sneak it.. our interior OL was dominant.

Canadian'eh!
09-20-2009, 06:54 PM
not kicking that FG would be a dumb ass move.

What a well reasoned post... too bad you're wrong.

xXSpIkes5IXx
09-20-2009, 07:00 PM
Taking the points was not gutless.

It takes it from a TD and an FG game to a 2 TD game, that's pretty significant.

It didn't matter anyway, why does everyone care so much?

ddaryl
09-20-2009, 07:02 PM

disagree..

we saw bad clock management in both games, and the Bills lost a game that was won aganist the Pats

and what kind of pep talk did Jauwrong give the guys at 1/2 time today. They looked like they just woke up from a nap and didn't get there game back until the 4th quarter.

Fewell and AVP get a round of applause today. Dick needs to get us a season with 10 or more wins and into the playoffs before I will even start to think he is our HC next year.

Captain gameboy
09-20-2009, 08:03 PM
disagree..

we saw bad clock management in both games, and the Bills lost a game that was won aganist the Pats

and what kind of pep talk did Jauwrong give the guys at 1/2 time today. They looked like they just woke up from a nap and didn't get there game back until the 4th quarter.

Fewell and AVP get a round of applause today. Dick needs to get us a season with 10 or more wins and into the playoffs before I will even start to think he is our HC next year.

These posts kill me.

When the team comes out on fire and things are going great on the offensive side, its AVP.

When we are lethargic and look like we have made no half time adjustments on offense, we suggest a weak "pep talk" from a HC to a group of professionals who don't listen to most of that nonsense anyway, and certainly not a halftime, but we excuse the lack of a successful adjustment by the OC.

Give me a break. Jauron was OK today, including the only logical thing to do at the end of the game, which was to make it a two TD lead.

AVP was OK too, but the lethargy and lack of a successful scheme at the beginning of the third falls, most probably, on him.

Eventually, and thankfully, the intensity of the D became contagious.

HHURRICANE
09-20-2009, 08:13 PM
The stupid call was going for it on 4th and 1 at our own 30 something. We got a good result on an incredibly stupid call.

Coach Owens is in charge I guess.

Lexwhat
09-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Run it or sneak it.. our interior OL was dominant.

Yea, we could have done that, but it still doesn't make Jauron's decision a "bad" one.

A 13 point lead is still better than a 10 point lead. 2 TDs are much more difficult to achieve than 1 TD and 1 FG.

Anyways, I don't think this argument will go anywhere. Like I said in another post, I am not too excited about this win. I want to see how we play next week against NO.

Meathead
09-20-2009, 08:30 PM
we already know dick is a good coach six days a week. some weeks thats going to mean that your team does well and wins easily, like today

the criticism of dick, at least for me, is completely centered around having a team that has poor discipline and makes way too many stupid mistakes that cost too many games

i hope he turns it all around and makes this into a playoff team, but i will believe it when i see it. right now i still wouldnt mind if ralph fired him on the spot, though its gonna take a total collapse for anything like that to happen

so now i just wait an hope he proves me wrong. but i dont think he will

Meathead
09-20-2009, 08:33 PM
The stupid call was going for it on 4th and 1 at our own 30 something. We got a good result on an incredibly stupid call.

at first i thought it was too risky but that was literally fourth and an inch. the conversion rate on a qb sneak in that situation is super high, so really it wasnt all that risky. usually im quite conservative in those situations, but i thought it was a good call

evol4276
09-20-2009, 09:04 PM
wtf?? really?

YoungEz
09-20-2009, 11:50 PM

no offense but that was a common sense call it was little a nose of the ball to go. all you do is QB sneak it n u have it, Belicheck does it every single time and always gets it

if he punted there it would have been a dumb choice

jmb1099
09-21-2009, 05:49 AM
if DJ is gutless he doesn't go for it on 4th and inches earlier in the game
Kicking the field goal all but iced the game and he put the game back in the hands of his defense which was giving tampa fits all game long
On being lethargic: No question we came out flat in the third. In years past we would have stayed that way. But, an adjustment was made and AVP used 4 and 5 receiver sets to open things back up. I didn't expect this and neither did tampa considering we haven't made this kind of adjustment for years. AVP is methodically building confidence into the offense and if trent didn't have that one bad pick, if owens didn't drop that beautiful pass, if evans holds onto the ball in the endzone... we might have won by 21 points or more. The coaching staff recognized a problem mid game and fixed it and we won the game... no complaints here

BertSquirtgum
09-21-2009, 08:09 AM
i'm glad you're so far up in canada. please stay there.

Jan Reimers
09-21-2009, 08:23 AM
And here's why....

We were up 10, not nine. The FG makes it 13, game over. Every coach in the league would have taken the field goal in that situation. I dislike Jauron's coaching, too, but he made the right call on that play.

Mike13
09-21-2009, 08:40 AM
was there any doubt that he needed to go? The man has proven time and time again he is completely incompetent.

Captain gameboy
09-21-2009, 08:52 AM
We were up 10, not nine. The FG makes it 13, game over. Every coach in the league would have taken the field goal in that situation. I dislike Jauron's coaching, too, but he made the right call on that play.

Of course.

And regarding line domination, does anyone recall the previous two plays prior to the FG?

Jauron would not have survived midnight if he tries and we don't make it.

trapezeus
09-21-2009, 09:12 AM
Jauron has to go. Obviously. However, i had the Bucs game as a W during the preseason. Jauron gains nothing from winning this from me or all the other fans.

He has a history of letting inferior opponents play better and win. So merely beating them doesn't erase the bad memories. Lest we forget we were 5-1 last year but beat a confused chargers team, went to the 4th quarter to beat a terrible Rams team, needed the last tick on the clock to dispense with the raiders and needed a trick play to take out the Seahawks.

Jauron is still the coach, and hopefully he can wow us against the Saints. Because he then has two giveme games in the dolphins and the browns.

The guy can be so brazen at the weirdest times, but at least it all worked this time.

madness
09-21-2009, 09:19 AM
Maybe we could package a deal with him and Lynch. :::

Ground Chuck
09-21-2009, 04:43 PM
The FG made sense because it took 2 TD's to beat us.

The stupid thing to me was getting the ball with 22 seconds left in the half, running it for 8 yards then use timeouts to try to get a FG. Why run it?

Pinkerton Security
09-21-2009, 04:52 PM
What a well reasoned post... too bad you're wrong.
if we had gone for it, not gotten it, we would have been up by 10 right? If they score on the ensuing possession, they're down 2 or 3. then all they'd need is a FG to win or tie. If we make the FG, they need 2 td's to win...much more difficult. It was the smart move, so no, you're wrong.

Philagape
09-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Of all the things to bash Dick for, the FG is like priority no. 3,487.
It was actually the right call. So easy a Jauron can do it.

JD
09-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Jackson was KILLING it all game? Why not put it in his hands for the TD push?

IAG
09-21-2009, 06:22 PM
I want a big personality coach with Super Bowl street creds...Let him run EVERYTHING in the organization.

Mad Bomber
09-21-2009, 06:32 PM
Jauron has to go. Obviously. However, i had the Bucs game as a W during the preseason. Jauron gains nothing from winning this from me or all the other fans.

He has a history of letting inferior opponents play better and win. So merely beating them doesn't erase the bad memories. Lest we forget we were 5-1 last year but beat a confused chargers team, went to the 4th quarter to beat a terrible Rams team, needed the last tick on the clock to dispense with the raiders and needed a trick play to take out the Seahawks.

In his defense (I can't believe I actually typed those words), we didn't beat an inferior team by one point or three points, but by 13. It wouldn't have been that close but for the Jackson fumble which almost went for six the other way. I was at the game, and Roscoe made a GREAT hustling play to make the stop. They scored anyway, but the Bills had been driving before that fumble.

The game wasn't as close as the score indicated. Except for the 3rd quarter, the Bills played a good game.

Typ0
09-21-2009, 06:48 PM
You talk like we would be a top caliber team if it weren't for DJ. That's not the case we are still lacking talent but not as bad as the last couple years...and no team is all that easy to beat in the NFL. What you should be talking about is how we haven't learned to put a team away be it a good team or a not so good team. But that may just be something that comes with the maturity of the QB and the offense. We're going to have to exercise some patience to see that and it should be coming soon if we're going to see it with these guys.

Jauron is still the coach, and hopefully he can wow us against the Saints. Because he then has two giveme games in the dolphins and the browns.

The guy can be so brazen at the weirdest times, but at least it all worked this time.