• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Nest week against N.O. we will find out

Just exactly what kind of team we are.

we were expected to beat the Bucs at home today, and we almost let it slip away. BUT the Bills in the Jauwrong years have proven they don't hang well with good teams.

New Orleans is a damn good team... the question is will our coaches have us ready ??? I don't think it's a talent issue it will be a pure coaching / gameplan, game management issue.
    Last edited by ddaryl; 09-20-2009, 06:47 PM.

• Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Nest week against N.O. we will find out

Originally posted by ddaryl
    Just exactly what kind of team we are.

we were expected to tbeat the Bucs at home today, and we almost let it slip away. BUT the Bills in the Jauwrong years have proven they don't hang well with good teams.

New Orleans is a damn good team... the question is will our coaches have us ready ??? I don't think it's a talent issue it will be a pure coaching / gameplan, game management issue.
    What these first two weeks have shown us is that it indeed it is a coaching issue and not a player issue. Put these guys in the position to make a play and they can win. The problem is always making sure the coaches don't get in the way.

Comment

• billsTOfan
      Also know as "The Popcorn"
      • Jul 2009

The Saints have a swiss cheese defense so let TO and Lee go deep

Comment

• ddaryl
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
        What these first two weeks have shown us is that it indeed it is a coaching issue and not a player issue. Put these guys in the position to make a play and they can win. The problem is always making sure the coaches don't get in the way.
        I agree we have players making plays..

the bad play callin at 1/2 time followed by the most uninspired 3rd quarter imagineable all falls on the coaching. IMO

I'll give AVP a pass on the before 1/2 time play calling... However Jauwrong gets full blame for the uninspired beginning of the 3rd quarter.

Fewell gets a kudos for pinning the ears back an attacking right till the end.

Comment

• Don't Panic
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Dec 2005

New Orleans hung 48 on a very stout D today... if we hold them under 30 I'll be happy. Which, of course, means we'll need to score 30.

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

Lets hope for 40mph winds next week.

Comment

• SpillerThrills
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk

now I do believe that a good part of our past problems have been because of coaching, however I will say that when they do allow the team to go for the big play that the players have to make the play. TO dropped a perfect pass that went right through his hands, and the fumble by jackson was just uncalled for. nobody was even near the ball, the defender was around his ankle.
              2008-2009 BZHL Champion!
              2008 Pro Football Pick 'em Champion!
              2008 Survival Football Co-Champion!
              2006-2007 3 Star Pick 'em Champion!

Comment

• Bill Cody
                • Sep 2004

could be a shootout

Comment

• Scumbag College
                  • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Novacane
                  Lets hope for 40mph winds next week.
                  Be prepared with the most accurate 10-day forecast for Buffalo, NY with highs, lows, chance of precipitation from The Weather Channel and Weather.com

Early weather reports call for rain Saturday through Monday, which I think would be a very good thing to slow down the Saints. Their O looks awesome so far!
                  Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• ddaryl
                    • Jan 2005

I think much of the focus is going to be on Fewell and Jauwrong.

Jauwrong has to get the players focused, and motivated

Fewell has to gameplan a heluva game and make sure the players are executing almost flawlessly.

the goal here is to keep the Saints under 30 points. This is one of those games where I almost expect Fewells famous 10 yard cusion pass to get horribly exposed. His D's don't match up well with real good hot QB's.

I feel we have the players... it's going to be th ecoaching in this game IMO

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

If we don't get pressure on Brees, and play soft against his receivers, he'll light us up for 50 points.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ddaryl
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        If we don't get pressure on Brees, and play soft against his receivers, he'll light us up for 50 points.
                        that is my fear.

When we play good teams our pass rush doesn't get good pressure and our pass D scheme is abused...

This is Perry's chance to show he can beat a good offense...

Comment

• Luisito23
                          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl
                          This is Perry's chance to show he can beat a good offense...

A great offense, and the best QB in the league...we're playing at home and everything, but I'll be happy if we just make it a game.
                          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• mybills
                            81 st zoner
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Scumbag College
                            http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...nav_undeclared

Early weather reports call for rain Saturday through Monday, which I think would be a very good thing to slow down the Saints. Their O looks awesome so far!
                            That's not good news for Trent.
                            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                              That's what will decide it all. He scares me.
                              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                              X