PDA

View Full Version : Nest week against N.O. we will find out

ddaryl
09-20-2009, 06:42 PM
Just exactly what kind of team we are.

we were expected to beat the Bucs at home today, and we almost let it slip away. BUT the Bills in the Jauwrong years have proven they don't hang well with good teams.

New Orleans is a damn good team... the question is will our coaches have us ready ??? I don't think it's a talent issue it will be a pure coaching / gameplan, game management issue.

Nighthawk
09-20-2009, 06:44 PM
Just exactly what kind of team we are.

we were expected to tbeat the Bucs at home today, and we almost let it slip away. BUT the Bills in the Jauwrong years have proven they don't hang well with good teams.

New Orleans is a damn good team... the question is will our coaches have us ready ??? I don't think it's a talent issue it will be a pure coaching / gameplan, game management issue.

What these first two weeks have shown us is that it indeed it is a coaching issue and not a player issue. Put these guys in the position to make a play and they can win. The problem is always making sure the coaches don't get in the way.

billsTOfan
09-20-2009, 06:46 PM
The Saints have a swiss cheese defense so let TO and Lee go deep

ddaryl
09-20-2009, 06:50 PM
What these first two weeks have shown us is that it indeed it is a coaching issue and not a player issue. Put these guys in the position to make a play and they can win. The problem is always making sure the coaches don't get in the way.

I agree we have players making plays..

the bad play callin at 1/2 time followed by the most uninspired 3rd quarter imagineable all falls on the coaching. IMO

I'll give AVP a pass on the before 1/2 time play calling... However Jauwrong gets full blame for the uninspired beginning of the 3rd quarter.

Fewell gets a kudos for pinning the ears back an attacking right till the end.

Don't Panic
09-20-2009, 07:28 PM
New Orleans hung 48 on a very stout D today... if we hold them under 30 I'll be happy. Which, of course, means we'll need to score 30.

Novacane
09-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Lets hope for 40mph winds next week.

SpillerThrills
09-20-2009, 08:04 PM

now I do believe that a good part of our past problems have been because of coaching, however I will say that when they do allow the team to go for the big play that the players have to make the play. TO dropped a perfect pass that went right through his hands, and the fumble by jackson was just uncalled for. nobody was even near the ball, the defender was around his ankle.

Bill Cody
09-20-2009, 08:21 PM
could be a shootout

Scumbag College
09-20-2009, 08:24 PM
Lets hope for 40mph winds next week.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USNY0181?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

Early weather reports call for rain Saturday through Monday, which I think would be a very good thing to slow down the Saints. Their O looks awesome so far!

ddaryl
09-21-2009, 06:15 AM
I think much of the focus is going to be on Fewell and Jauwrong.

Jauwrong has to get the players focused, and motivated

Fewell has to gameplan a heluva game and make sure the players are executing almost flawlessly.

the goal here is to keep the Saints under 30 points. This is one of those games where I almost expect Fewells famous 10 yard cusion pass to get horribly exposed. His D's don't match up well with real good hot QB's.

I feel we have the players... it's going to be th ecoaching in this game IMO

Jan Reimers
09-21-2009, 06:54 AM
If we don't get pressure on Brees, and play soft against his receivers, he'll light us up for 50 points.

ddaryl
09-21-2009, 08:14 AM
If we don't get pressure on Brees, and play soft against his receivers, he'll light us up for 50 points.

that is my fear.

When we play good teams our pass rush doesn't get good pressure and our pass D scheme is abused...

This is Perry's chance to show he can beat a good offense...

Luisito23
09-21-2009, 08:27 AM
This is Perry's chance to show he can beat a good offense...

A great offense, and the best QB in the league...we're playing at home and everything, but I'll be happy if we just make it a game.

mybills
09-21-2009, 08:27 AM
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USNY0181?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

Early weather reports call for rain Saturday through Monday, which I think would be a very good thing to slow down the Saints. Their O looks awesome so far!
That's not good news for Trent.

mybills
09-21-2009, 08:28 AM
That's what will decide it all. He scares me.

justasportsfan
09-21-2009, 08:28 AM
31-3 Bills!

psubills62
09-21-2009, 08:33 AM
The thing that makes me hesitate is this: New Orleans had a similarly AMAZING offense last year. But they were only 8-8. Why is that?

New Orleans can be beaten. The key is our offense being efficient on drives and not turning the ball over. Here's a stat for you: both of the QB's New Orleans has faced so far have thrown THREE interceptions against the Saints. Both of them (Matt Stafford and Kevin Kolb) are very inexperienced QB's.

New Orleans scores a lot. Part of that is due to a great offense. But part of it is because they get so many opportunities off of turnovers. We have to tire out their defense and keep the offense off the field with long drives and lots of scoring.

mybills
09-21-2009, 08:36 AM
If no additional injuries in practice this week...42 - 21 NO

Discotrish
09-21-2009, 08:40 AM
now I do believe that a good part of our past problems have been because of coaching, however I will say that when they do allow the team to go for the big play that the players have to make the play. TO dropped a perfect pass that went right through his hands, and the fumble by jackson was just uncalled for. nobody was even near the ball, the defender was around his ankle.

Don't forget the block missed on that play. I don't like Jauron as a coach, and I think if this team succeeds it will be in spite of him. And why does every Lindell field goal look shaky? I agree New Orleans will be quite the test.

It's rare to have a lead in the first quarter and have the feeling I can get up and get a snack.

Trent Edwards' hair is looking very Losmanlike lately. But if we keep winning that's fine with me.

Anyone know how JP is doing in the minors? Did that league start up yet?

Patti

Mike13
09-21-2009, 08:42 AM
Brees seems pretty damned determined to get that record, I wouldnt be suprised if he throws 6 Tds again.

Discotrish
09-21-2009, 08:44 AM
Brees seems pretty damned determined to get that record, I wouldnt be suprised if he throws 6 Tds again.

Or 3 TDs and 3 INTs.

Patti