PDA

View Full Version : Kawika Mitchell Hammered Leftwich

Night Train
09-20-2009, 07:05 PM
I lost count how many times he just KILLED Leftwich with that rush up the middle. I didn't mind the 1 roughing call at all, since the game was decided.

He played with a major attitude.

Typ0
09-20-2009, 07:06 PM
It was at a point that I thought there must be bad blood between them being carried into this game.

yordad
09-20-2009, 09:09 PM
It was at a point that I thought there must be bad blood between them being carried into this game.I am convinced if they didn't bring it in, they started it right there.

There was a play where Mitchell came in and blasted Leftwich, and he put a little extra on it. Leftwich didn't like it, and actually elbowed (or shoved) Mitchell after the play. A couple plays later Mitchell gave him that shot to the chin area, drawing the flag.

It was nice to see they had Mitchell moving toward the backfield. I think he is best when he is doing that.

Chewytie
09-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Just hoping he can do it to Brees next week.

psubills62
09-20-2009, 09:13 PM
I thought the blitzing was decently effective today, including Mitchell. But there seemed too many times when the blitzers were weaving around the LOS, trying to find holes to burst through and just got caught up in the protection.

I have to say, it was better than it usually is. I was surprised that there wasn't too much drop-off with Buggs in, imo. The middle of the field was still open, but that's a constant no matter who our LB was.

New Orleans will be a VERY big test for our pass D, including the blitzing.

Michael82
09-20-2009, 11:22 PM
It was nice to see they had Mitchell moving toward the backfield. I think he is best when he is doing that.

Yeah because he sucks when he's out there covering players or overpersuing. But he's very good when he's blitzing. :up: