• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Kawika Mitchell Hammered Leftwich

I lost count how many times he just KILLED Leftwich with that rush up the middle. I didn't mind the 1 roughing call at all, since the game was decided.

He played with a major attitude.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: Kawika Mitchell Hammered Leftwich

It was at a point that I thought there must be bad blood between them being carried into this game.

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Typ0
      It was at a point that I thought there must be bad blood between them being carried into this game.
      I am convinced if they didn't bring it in, they started it right there.

There was a play where Mitchell came in and blasted Leftwich, and he put a little extra on it. Leftwich didn't like it, and actually elbowed (or shoved) Mitchell after the play. A couple plays later Mitchell gave him that shot to the chin area, drawing the flag.

It was nice to see they had Mitchell moving toward the backfield. I think he is best when he is doing that.
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Chewytie
        • Feb 2009

Just hoping he can do it to Brees next week.
        /Pensive

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

I thought the blitzing was decently effective today, including Mitchell. But there seemed too many times when the blitzers were weaving around the LOS, trying to find holes to burst through and just got caught up in the protection.

I have to say, it was better than it usually is. I was surprised that there wasn't too much drop-off with Buggs in, imo. The middle of the field was still open, but that's a constant no matter who our LB was.

New Orleans will be a VERY big test for our pass D, including the blitzing.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
            It was nice to see they had Mitchell moving toward the backfield. I think he is best when he is doing that.
            Yeah because he sucks when he's out there covering players or overpersuing. But he's very good when he's blitzing.

Comment

Working...
            X