PDA

View Full Version : At what point does the conditioning of this team come under scrutiny?

HHURRICANE
09-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Every frickin year.

Both our starting and back up TE were out. Our RT, Our starting CB and kick returner.

There is an issue here and isn't bad luck.

billsTOfan
09-20-2009, 08:12 PM
You always complain. You are worse than my gf.

Throne Logic
09-20-2009, 08:13 PM
This has been an issue in Buffalo since Rusty Jones was driven out of town.

Syderick
09-20-2009, 08:15 PM
You always complain. You are worse than my gf.

LOL

HHURRICANE
09-20-2009, 08:15 PM

Thank you. The poster above you wants us to live in care bear land.

Nighthawk
09-20-2009, 08:16 PM
It does seem to be an issue and I agree, it has to be more then bad luck when it happens year after year.

elltrain22
09-20-2009, 08:19 PM
Every frickin year.

Both our starting and back up TE were out. Our RT, Our starting CB and kick returner.

I think you're exactly correct. Not only have injuries always been a problem, but teams always seem to have more gas than us at the end of games.

Goobylal
09-20-2009, 08:36 PM
What does conditioning have to do with anything that happened today?

yordad
09-20-2009, 08:38 PM
What does conditioning have to do with anything that happened today?I heard stronger lungs can protect your knee. :idunno:

Dr. Pepper
09-20-2009, 08:42 PM
injuries happen in the NFL??? weird!

Ebenezer
09-20-2009, 08:44 PM
Every frickin year.

were you at the game??

Butler had somebody fall against the back of his legs.
Schouman's foot got caught in the turf during a tackle. (not really sure on his injury or condition)
McKelvin appeared to fall on his shoulder.
Edwards took blows to the head, twice.
Jackson ran the ball 28 times and took multiple hits to his arm.
Nelson - no clue he just disappeared.

Your statement has no validity whatsoever. Just another reason to complain.

http://actingschmacting.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/broken-record.jpg

Goobylal
09-20-2009, 08:47 PM
I heard stronger lungs can protect your knee. :idunno:
Yeah, the lung bone's connected to the, knee bone. :rolleyes:

cocamide
09-20-2009, 08:53 PM
This again? Do the people who start the weekly thread with this topic watch any other game? Yes, there is an issue here: When a large group of 250-300 pound men play a contact sport, some of them are going to get injured.

http://www.nfl.com/injuries

yordad
09-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Yeah, the lung bone's connected to the, knee bone. :rolleyes:I'm serious. Here is the link (http://billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=2993358&postcount=5).

Captain gameboy
09-20-2009, 09:03 PM
were you at the game??

Butler had somebody fall against the back of his legs.

http://actingschmacting.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/broken-record.jpg

Come on Eb.
You're an anatomy guy.

If we had two-a-days and launched blocking dummies at the back of our O-lineman's knees in the last drill of the day, Butler would be OK now.

If club Jauron included chainsaw attacks, we'd be a sure-fire playoff team.

yordad
09-20-2009, 09:05 PM
If we had two-a-days and launched blocking dummies at the back of our O-lineman's knees in the last drill of the day, Butler would be OK now.
Actually, he probably would have been injured by the dummy launching drill.

Captain gameboy
09-20-2009, 09:09 PM
Actually, he probably would have been injured by the dummy launching drill.

That was sarcasm that went flying by.

psubills62
09-20-2009, 09:10 PM
So HH, the Saints have had injuries to two RB's. Donovan McNabb has had a lot of injuries in his career. Westbrook is getting to be injury-prone. Their starting MLB was out early in the preseason. Are these the fault of their trainers?

Yes, it's frustrating when it happens year after year. A lot of these injuries are just due to strange things that happen during the game. It's unfortunate that it seems to happen to our guys more than others...but it's not the case.

yordad
09-20-2009, 09:10 PM
That was sarcasm that went flying by.I thought this was a very serious conversation. :(

Ebenezer
09-20-2009, 09:12 PM
So HH, the Saints have had injuries to two RB's. Donovan McNabb has had a lot of injuries in his career. Westbrook is getting to be injury-prone. Their starting MLB was out early in the preseason. Are these the fault of their trainers?

Yes, it's frustrating when it happens year after year. A lot of these injuries are just due to strange things that happen during the game. It's unfortunate that it seems to happen to our guys more than others...but it's not the case.
i would have at least expected "see how talentless this team is...if they had more talent they wouldn't have to try so hard".

Captain gameboy
09-20-2009, 09:14 PM
I thought this was a very serious conversation. :(

"Was," being the operative qualifier.

yordad
09-20-2009, 09:17 PM
"Was," being the operative qualifier.OK, I've been being sarcastic this entire thread myself. But this one I honestly disagree with. At no time did I take this thread serious. :snicker:

psubills62
09-20-2009, 09:18 PM
i would have at least expected "see how talentless this team is...if they had more talent they wouldn't have to try so hard".

I think I'm also going to be watching for some "why are our guys fighting for extra yards" threads that will probably come up during this season. After all, the only thing we seem to get from them are injuries and fumbles that cost us games.

Ebenezer
09-20-2009, 09:20 PM
I think I'm also going to be watching for some "why are our guys fighting for extra yards" threads that will probably come up during this season. After all, the only thing we seem to get from them are injuries and fumbles that cost us games.
fighting for extra yards when the game is on the line is fantastic...fighting for extra yards when the smartest thing is to get down leads to problems.

jonah7777
09-20-2009, 09:21 PM
Well havinga great strength coach makes a huge difference .. The bill's have been injured far more since Jones left..

Jones is one of the top guys in the field only a dork like Mularkey would have fired him for his "buddy"
http://www.chicagobears.com/team/coach.asp?coach_id=18

SeatownBillsFan21
09-20-2009, 11:37 PM
I agree this is not going to be good come down the stretch if we are still in it this team is soft.

psubills62
09-20-2009, 11:39 PM
fighting for extra yards when the game is on the line is fantastic...fighting for extra yards when the smartest thing is to get down leads to problems.

Oh I agree, but I can see people wanting our players to never fight for extra yards because it either gets them hurt or makes them more fumble-prone.

Buffalogic
09-21-2009, 01:57 AM
HHuricane you are the worst poster ever. Grats.

Mr. Miyagi
09-21-2009, 04:13 AM
I thought Rusty Jones went to Chicago. They have injury problems too.

alohabillsfan
09-21-2009, 04:58 AM
How come the front office is getting no credit??? Didn't they just have 2 TE's in last week?

justasportsfan
09-21-2009, 08:45 AM
were you at the game??

he has friends.

2 dumb threads and it's only monday :sad:

Bruce is Loose
09-21-2009, 08:48 AM
I heard stronger lungs can protect your knee. :idunno:

Having muscle endurance certainly does protect your knee. I blew out my knee and it happened the first week of play before I was in shape. Why? Because your muscles generally stabilize your knee. Its when your muscles start to get weak that that burden is put on your ligaments.

Captain gameboy
09-21-2009, 08:50 AM
he has friends.

2 dumb threads and it's only monday :sad:

We need a "Super Double Ignore" option.

:yucky:

methos4ever
09-21-2009, 09:00 AM
I don't know how two blown out knees, a bum shoulder and an ankle that got rolled on lead to conditioning issues. Heck, Posluszny's broken arm as well. How can you possibly blame freak injuries on conditioning?

How many players have we had cramp up and lead to timeouts being used to care for them? THAT is a conditioning issue. Not these.

PECKERWOOD
09-21-2009, 09:04 AM
Football is about as violent as it gets and is the closest you'll see to a blood sport in the civilized world. Did you not see all the blood all over these players jerseys and arm pads?? Despite the blow out score, there were tons of bloodied Bills players out there.

Jan Reimers
09-21-2009, 09:06 AM
These "Our torn ACLs, sprained ankles, separated shoulders and broken bones are due to poor conditioning" threads are amongst the dumbest I have ever read. And I've been a member here for a while, so I've read my share of dumb ones.

Captain gameboy
09-21-2009, 09:07 AM
These "Our torn ACLs, sprained ankles, separated shoulders and broken bones are due to poor conditioning" threads are amongst the dumbest I have ever read. And I've been a member here for a while, so I've read my share of dumb ones.

When the Bills play pretty well, the dumb get dumber.

PECKERWOOD
09-21-2009, 09:08 AM

lol, our trainers need to start having our players do ACL & Achilles curls then this wouldn't be a problem!!

theanswer74
09-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Well havinga great strength coach makes a huge difference .. The bill's have been injured far more since Jones left..

Jones is one of the top guys in the field only a dork like Mularkey would have fired him for his "buddy"
http://www.chicagobears.com/team/coach.asp?coach_id=18
Do you guys even look things up before you look like a fool?

The Bears have injury problems with Rusty Jones. AND to add the guy we have now uses Rusty Jones techniques. He studied under Rusty Jones. Maybe Rusty Jones techniques are out dated? OR just maybe injuries are just bad luck, whcih is what I think.

These guys spend more than half their workouts working on their own anyways and about 3 months out of the year before the season working with their strength and conditioning coach.
http://www.nfl.com/injuries?team=CHI

Ebenezer
09-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Did anybody see that Edwards almost ran down the Tampa player (don't even ask me how to spell Pisciatelli) on the fumble at the end of the first half?? Sure, Parrish caught him but Edwards didn't embarrass himself....that is conditioning.

guy
09-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Every frickin year.

You're ***n jokin me right??? why dont u go follow archery or something ja.

OpIv37
09-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Every frickin year.

You know I'm as hard on this team as anyone and I usually agree with you, but not on this one.

It really depends on the injury. If guys are pulling and straining muscles, then it's conditioning. But both Butler and Schouman had guys roll up on their knees. I don't care what kind of physical condition you're in- if some monster football player rolls over on your leg and bends your knee the wrong way, you're in for a world of hurt. Nothing can prevent that.

Now, I didn't see the replays of the Nelson or McKelvin injuries so I can't really comment on those, but the Schouman and Butler injuries had nothing to do with a lack of conditioning.

Captain gameboy
09-22-2009, 01:32 AM
Did anybody see that Edwards almost ran down the Tampa player (don't even ask me how to spell Pisciatelli) on the fumble at the end of the first half?? Sure, Parrish caught him but Edwards didn't embarrass himself....that is conditioning.

That's the thing about Trent.

He can't throw the intermediate routes, but he can run 'em!

:nod:

ddaryl
09-22-2009, 07:38 AM
I agree with the consensus

Broken bones and rolled up on legs are not a conditioning issue...

Jan Reimers
09-22-2009, 07:50 AM
Now, I didn't see the replays of the Nelson or McKelvin injuries so I can't really comment on those, but the Schouman and Butler injuries had nothing to do with a lack of conditioning.
Nelson and McKelvin suffered non-conditioning related shoulder and ankle injuries, respectively.

I remember very few conditioning related injuries to this team in recent years, except to lazy slobs like Peters who pay little attention to staying in shape.