• Show
Clear All
  • billsTOfan
    Also know as "The Popcorn"
    • Jul 2009

49-42 Buffalo over Saints

Yup. A shootout.

TO . 3 TDS
    Last edited by billsTOfan; 09-20-2009, 08:21 PM.
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: 49-42 Buffalo over Saints

LOL. Livin the dream! I say the only way the Bills can win is if they completely shut down the run game and get some turnovers in the pass game and have Edwards throw for 2-3 touchdowns and 300 yards with no interceptions.

If the game gets into the 40's the Saints will win. But if the Bills can force a tight game in the 20's or so, they have a shot. Its going to be a really tough game.
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
      • Mar 2005

doubtful

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
        !?!?!?!?!?
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BillsWin
        LOL. Livin the dream! I say the only way the Bills can win is if they completely shut down the run game and get some turnovers in the pass game and have Edwards throw for 2-3 touchdowns and 300 yards with no interceptions.

If the game gets into the 40's the Saints will win. But if the Bills can force a tight game in the 20's or so, they have a shot. Its going to be a really tough game.
        Nick Bakay??

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

Yeah, the Bills need to be able to shut down the running game. Which is possible since Bell had a slight injury today, and Pierre Thomas obviously isn't healthy yet.

Then again, it's obviously the passing game that is New Orleans' strength. I don't think we have much of a shot of winning this game. But you never know, our pass defense sometimes does well at getting turnovers. We're going to have to get at least two INT's if we're going to win, imo.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

If we give up 42 points to the Saints, the game will be over fast. There's no way our offense can match them touchdown for touchdown.

Comment

• BillsWin
              man amongst boys
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Mikey82
              If we give up 42 points to the Saints, the game will be over fast. There's no way our offense can match them touchdown for touchdown.
              but if we can just hold them to 24 points or so the game is manageable and they have a shot...
              I am The Batman.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                • Jan 2003

I just dont see the Saints scoeing 40+ pts for the 3rd week in a row. I Really don't. That kind of output doesn't happen every week. They can have a let down just like anyone. They just left Philly, Now they go home and back to Buffalo later in the week.

I really see the Bills in this game if they put forth a good effort again. Combined with Nawlins on the road again and after 2 40 pt games in a row. I like the chances. We will probably be a home underdog as well. Thats a good spot.
                The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Crisis
                  • Aug 2004

here's to hoping for a september blizzard! (since i dont live in buffalo)
                  Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                  Vanek is Austrian not European
                  Originally posted by Prov401
                  Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                  Originally posted by better days
                  I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Prov401
                    President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                    • Aug 2008

We need to keep Brees off the field as much as possible. The guy is playing stupid good right now. Again I'll say that I hate our Cover 2, and I think we're going to have to get constant pressure in order to win this game. I'm so sick of our CB's playing so far off, it's rediculous. Leftwich threw for 3 TD's today. That's bad since he isn't even close to being in the same leauge as Brees. In order of important positions in obataining a win next week: D-Line, CB's, O-Line, Trent, Fred.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

If there is ever a game where we need to implement ball control offense, this is the one. FJ needs to run that ball and get the tough yardage enough to move the chains each time and we need to eat off the minutes from the clock with dink and dunks (something Trent excels at) and keep Brees off the field and maybe even out of sync. We'll need Stupar (and Nelson?) to take Schouman's place across the middle for the short/mid yardage. Barring injuries, there is no other likely way we'll win this game.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

The saints r my second team as they are the local team where i live but i still want the bills to win. I just dont think they can right now. Through the first two games the saints are the best team in football. There qb will throw for over 300 yards and 2 tds they have a awesome o line and there d has been pretty good. They have greer who went against evanseveryday in practice for years and sharper is a total ballhawk!!! 3PICKS in TWO GAMES!!! This will be a huge challenge for us. I dont think either team scores 40 points but both get in the 30's

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                          With that said I would love to see our offense stick it to Gregg Williams and his defense.

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
                            • Dec 2002

I can not see this Bills team putting up 49 points.

Comment

Working...
                            X