PDA

View Full Version : Levitre and Wood actually look like football players

Ebenezer
09-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Today was the first time I got to see the new guards play live. I was very impressed. They actually look like NFL lineman - in stature as well as play. I was very impressed at the fact that they don't have 10 inches of gut flowing over their belt and they seemed to have very good upper body strength.

billsTOfan
09-20-2009, 09:22 PM
The Bills O Line is rugged! Tough guys/blue collar style. Just get rid of Karl Malone's accident bastard child.

jk

Goobylal
09-20-2009, 09:31 PM
Hangartner is doing great as well. The tackles need more time, but all-in-all, a good showing by the mostly new and young O-line.

DMBcrew36
09-20-2009, 09:32 PM
I'll be happy once Bell has grown, learned and developed into the player he is capable of being - not taking penalties and keeping players off Edwards backside.

Michael82
09-20-2009, 11:11 PM
I'll be happy once Bell has grown, learned and developed into the player he is capable of being - not taking penalties and keeping players off Edwards backside.
I thought Bell had a much better game compared to last week, especially when you consider it's only his 2nd career game.

TheBrownBear
09-20-2009, 11:29 PM
These guys are beasts in the run game. So far, this looks like a great draft class.

Buffalogic
09-21-2009, 02:00 AM
Yeah, what are you talking about did you even watch Bell? The dude was mauling folks. He was the lead puller on a lot of our runs and HB passes. What game are you watching Don Cherry?

Dujek
09-21-2009, 07:00 AM
I thought Bell had a much better game compared to last week, especially when you consider it's only his 2nd career game.

In comparison to Monday night Bell was greatly improved. He still has a long way to go, but he looks like he'll turn out fine.

Meathead
09-21-2009, 09:12 AM
the best part of this completely rebuild line is that they are MOBILE. notice how much the o is running screens, sweeps, pitches, and rollouts. prior bills teams virtually NEVER ran those plays but they are using them repeatedly now because they finally have linemen who are quick enough to get out into that space. of course that makes the field much wider for the defense and opens everything else up. i think its been the key to the entire offense actually

SABURZFAN
09-21-2009, 09:16 AM
the OL has made a 180 degree turn compared to the preseason. i hope they continue to play as well as they have been. they're definitely a key area for the sucess of the Bills. if they don't perform, the offense flounders.

PECKERWOOD
09-21-2009, 09:18 AM
Boy, I tell you what. I'm really liking our interior line, we got three big good old boys in the middle. Shoot, Butler was looking damn good too, shame he is injured. Wood, Hangartner & Levitre, I'm liking this interior line alot.

ddaryl
09-21-2009, 09:21 AM
Today was the first time I got to see the new guards play live. I was very impressed. They actually look like NFL lineman - in stature as well as play. I was very impressed at the fact that they don't have 10 inches of gut flowing over their belt and they seemed to have very good upper body strength.

now imagine how good these 2 will be after a full year of experience and a full NFL offseason strength and conditioning program.

These 2 draft pick will go along ways towards making us a bonafide contender.

and evne though Bell had a rough day in NE, he played well yesterday too, and he too will benefit from a years experience and another offseason of strength and conditioning.

Hargartner was a solid pickup too.....

Our OL could finally be shaping up, How many 4th downs have we successfully converted htis year.. that's a tell tale sign IMO

PECKERWOOD
09-21-2009, 09:23 AM
I think Bell sucks, we will be shopping for a new LT next year.

ddaryl
09-21-2009, 09:25 AM
I think Bell sucks, we will be shopping for a new LT next year.

If Bell sucks we wouldn't have won the game yesterday... Edwards had time to throw and Jackson ran well on both sides of the line.

Bell made one penalty and I know he missed one block for sure, after that what did he do that has you saying he sucks ?

PECKERWOOD
09-21-2009, 09:30 AM
If Bell sucks we wouldn't have won the game yesterday... Edwards had time to throw and Jackson ran well on both sides of the line.

Bell made one penalty and I know he missed one block for sure, after that what did he do that has you saying he sucks ?

I think we won in spite of Bell, not because of Bell. I thought that Gaines Adams got pretty good pressure on a number of occasions which I'm pretty sure was Bells man. Our success has largely been due to TO & Lee, our interior o-line and solid play out of Butler at RT. I definitely think that there is more to be desired out of the LT position.

ddaryl
09-21-2009, 09:45 AM
I think we won in spite of Bell, not because of Bell. I thought that Gaines Adams got pretty good pressure on a number of occasions which I'm pretty sure was Bells man. Our success has largely been due to TO & Lee, our interior o-line and solid play out of Butler at RT. I definitely think that there is more to be desired out of the LT position.

Being that this is the 2nd game he has started and the fact the Gaines Adams had 0 sacks says something...

Adams only had 3 tackles and 1 assist on the stats..

Personally knowing that Bell did not have a whole training camp at LT before being tossed in as the starter, and htis is the 1st year he has ever started in the NFL playing a very tough position he deserves some praise..

I think he played well enough and all he has to do is play well and improve as he gets more playing time.

The guy can pull on sweeps very well too.

mysticsoto
09-21-2009, 09:58 AM
I liked that Wood ran all the way to the endzone on TO's score and congratulated him. Sometimes the big guys don't want to go all the way down as they'll be huffing and puffing. Wood made the trip and was jumping up and down - happy for TO, as were all the other players. TO seems to be fitting in well in this locker room. He's not likely going to be a huge scoring machine here (though his presence alone helps us enormously). I hope he stays ok w/that.

The last buffalo fan
09-21-2009, 12:09 PM

http://prod.static.bills.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/zip/2009/09-September/Week_1/DSC_0052--nfl_medium_540_360.JPG

These are the kind of plays I like from him, just give the dude some time and let's see what happens! :up:

Michael82
09-21-2009, 12:12 PM
I liked that Wood ran all the way to the endzone on TO's score and congratulated him. Sometimes the big guys don't want to go all the way down as they'll be huffing and puffing. Wood made the trip and was jumping up and down - happy for TO, as were all the other players. TO seems to be fitting in well in this locker room. He's not likely going to be a huge scoring machine here (though his presence alone helps us enormously). I hope he stays ok w/that.
I agree. It was nice to see the team surround TO and congratulate him for the TD. I was disappointed that TO didn't do anything after the TD, but I think he was so happy and relieved to finally catch one that he chose to just hold the football and keep holding it and showing it to the fans. :up:

raphael120
09-21-2009, 12:12 PM
Well thats what happens when you replace overpaid mediocre talents who hit the big money and don't care about games, but game checks and how much they're making, and replace them with people who need to prove themselves and love to play the game.