The Bills offense ranks:

6th in the NFL in points scored
13th in yards per game
4th in rush yards per gameThe Bills defense ranks:

8th in run defenseFred Jackson averages 5.1 yards per attempt
Trent Edwards averages 9.8 yards per rush attempt
Terrell Owens averages 19.6 yards per catch
Lee Evans averages 14.3 yards per catch
Four different players have caught touchdown passes including the rookie Shawn Nelson.

Ryan Lindell is 5/5 for field goals and 100% on extra point attempts.

Keith Ellison leads the team in tackles with 27

The team has recorded 3 sacks, 3 fumbles and 3 interceptions

Brian Moorman is averaging 44.7 yards per punt

The team is 100% on fourth down conversions

the offense averages 6.2 yards per play

7.9 is the average yards per play by Trent Edwards

I figured its easier to think about if you can actually see the stats layed out for you.

Ebenezer
09-20-2009, 09:54 PM
the stat that counts

1-1

billsTOfan
09-20-2009, 09:55 PM
weren't we ranked dead last in Preseason. once again, PRESEASON IS GARBAGE

sdbillsfan2
09-20-2009, 10:02 PM
our record-1-1

our opponents record?
1-3

Sorry nothing to get excited about yet? We went 5-0 last year and we all know how that ended. Let's take them one at a time, enjoy this one, and hope we can hold NO under 45 next weekend.

billsTOfan
09-20-2009, 10:04 PM
NO opponent's record is 1-3, What is your point?

mysticsoto
09-20-2009, 10:04 PM
I thought we'd be higher in Run Defense. We've actually looked pretty good in that category.

That being said, I'm scared our run D will not help much with Brees' high octane passing attack next week.

MikeInRoch
09-20-2009, 10:05 PM
our record-1-1

our opponents record?
1-3

Sorry nothing to get excited about yet? We went 5-0 last year and we all know how that ended. Let's take them one at a time, enjoy this one, and hope we can hold NO under 45 next weekend.

Our opponent's record when you don't consider the games against us? 1-1. Pretty stupid to factor in the games against us....

Kenny
09-20-2009, 10:10 PM
Our opponent's record when you don't consider the games against us? 1-1. Pretty stupid to factor in the games against us....

I think the point is that we can beat the bottom feeders of the league (ie., Tampa Bay, and Oakland, Seattle, St. Louis, etc...)... but that doesnt mean anything if you cant compete against 'playoff' caliber teams.

I dont think it was a big surprise we beat up on Tampa... but get a good test to see how good this team really is next week.

FlyingDutchman
09-20-2009, 10:12 PM
Weve been winning for all but 50 seconds this season

Nighthawk
09-20-2009, 10:12 PM
I think the point is that we can beat the bottom feeders of the league (ie., Tampa Bay, and Oakland, Seattle, St. Louis, etc...)... but that doesnt mean anything if you cant compete against 'playoff' caliber teams.

I dont think it was a big surprise we beat up on Tampa... but get a good test to see how good this team really is next week.

I agree...enjoy the win, but beat a good team and then let's talk.

BillsWin
09-20-2009, 10:14 PM
I think we can beat the Saints. It will just take some turnovers by our defense, and Trent and company controlling the momentum of the game. It is in Buffalo right?

Nighthawk
09-20-2009, 10:16 PM
I think we can beat the Saints. It will just take some turnovers by our defense, and Trent and company controlling the momentum of the game. It is in Buffalo right?

It could be in my backyard and I wouldn't feel confident about this defense being able to stop Brees. They haven't stopped anyone yet through the air, why would anybody think that they could stop the hottest passer in the league?

billsTOfan
09-20-2009, 10:17 PM
Whitner ALL DAY

sdbillsfan2
09-20-2009, 10:18 PM

At the end of the year , when it's time to look at the standings to see if we make the playoffs or not , those games still count ! Everyone *****es about 3 straight 7-9 teams . should we not count those games? Give me a break , it would be even more stupid to NOT factor those things!

BillsWin
09-20-2009, 10:19 PM
It could be in my backyard and I wouldn't feel confident about this defense being able to stop Brees. They haven't stopped anyone yet through the air, why would anybody think that they could stop the hottest passer in the league?

faith, ignorance, blind love for the team.

Its all there. Color me optimistic I think there is a chance at stealing a win.

Nighthawk
09-20-2009, 10:24 PM
faith, ignorance, blind love for the team.

Its all there. Color me optimistic I think there is a chance at stealing a win.

I can't hate on your optimism...

imbondz
09-20-2009, 10:25 PM
Trent Edwards has a QB rating of 104.9

The Bills offense ranks:

6th in the NFL in points scored
13th in yards per game
4th in rush yards per gameThe Bills defense ranks:

8th in run defenseFred Jackson averages 5.1 yards per attempt
Trent Edwards averages 9.8 yards per rush attempt
Terrell Owens averages 19.6 yards per catch
Lee Evans averages 14.3 yards per catch
Four different players have caught touchdown passes including the rookie Shawn Nelson.

Ryan Lindell is 5/5 for field goals and 100% on extra point attempts.

Keith Ellison leads the team in tackles with 27

The team has recorded 3 sacks, 3 fumbles and 3 interceptions

Brian Moorman is averaging 44.7 yards per punt

The team is 100% on fourth down conversions

the offense averages 6.2 yards per play

7.9 is the average yards per play by Trent Edwards

I figured its easier to think about if you can actually see the stats layed out for you.

I think those stats are pretty awesome so far!

Kenny
09-20-2009, 10:29 PM

Im just praying it rains hard during that game. Otherwise we're going to see whether our offense can win in a shootout.

MikeInRoch
09-20-2009, 10:30 PM
At the end of the year , when it's time to look at the standings to see if we make the playoffs or not , those games still count ! Everyone *****es about 3 straight 7-9 teams . should we not count those games? Give me a break , it would be even more stupid to NOT factor those things!

You are missing the point completely. When you judge the opponents we are playing against, you shouldn't add in the games against US. If you add them in, then you are influencing the stat with the exact thing you are trying to judge.

Look at it this way. Lets say that the Bills played two games, and their opponents had a combined 1-1 record in the non-Bills game. If the Bills won both games, you could say "Sure, they are 2-0, but their opponents were only 1-3, so it doesn't mean much." If the Bills lost both games, you could say "Sure, they are 0-2, but their opponents are 3-1, so they've had tough competition so they might not be that bad."

Yes, the Bills record is all that matters at the end of the year, and we should judge them based on that. *IF* you want to judge them based on the record of their opponents, you shouldn't use the games they played against us as part of that judgement.

BillsWin
09-20-2009, 10:33 PM
I can't hate on your optimism...

I think the only way we can win this game is if we keep the scoring of New Orleans in the 20's. 21, 24, 28.

I think that is a number the Bills can compete with.

Their defense is 23rd in points allowed, 21st in yards allowed, and 29th in pass yards allowed. Their run defense is stout though. They are 5th in the league.

So I really think this game will come down to the aerial attack of the Buffalo Bills. They have the wide receivers to challenge this anemic pass defense, but can they develop a game plan that will aggressively attack it and be successful?

Our pass rush seems to be getting slightly better as the season rolls on. Who knows, maybe this is the game that everything clicks for Maybin :idunno:

Sometimes all it takes is one or two players to step up and make a play.

McKelvin being out would hurt. Schouman's injury is of no moment. But Nelson was coming along nicely. I hope its not a serious injury.

BillsWin
09-20-2009, 10:34 PM
on a side note. Two players playing inspired football; Donte Whitner and Kawika Mitchell.

BillsOwnAll
09-20-2009, 10:55 PM

Yah the patriots home opener on monday night with the return of tom brady. That game wasnt competetive at all.

SABURZFAN
09-21-2009, 09:28 AM
i don't care about individual stats. the win/loss record is what's really important.

BillsWin
09-21-2009, 11:31 AM
if the bills get blown out ill prob stick by my 10-6 prediction. if the bills hang close with the saints i stick by 10-6. if we win by a few points i say 11-5 is a possibility. if we blow them out i will run around the city naked proclaiming "CHAMPIONSHIP!" to everyone and anyone.

TacklingDummy
09-21-2009, 11:34 AM
i don't care about individual stats. the win/loss record is what's really important.remember how yordaddy use to spout out that 11th rated passer garbage? What's Edwards ranking right now?

psubills62
09-21-2009, 11:36 AM
i don't care about individual stats. the win/loss record is what's really important.

In the end, the win/loss is what matters. But in Week 2, most every stat is important because the stats are generally predictors of trends.

Take, for example, the Raiders. They, along with us, choked big time against a rival on MNF. Both the Raiders and the Bills bounced back in Week 2 with a win.

Are you seriously telling me that the Raiders (who managed a total of 166 net yards in their win) are the same as the Bills because they both have 1-1 records? Both teams won against lesser opponents in Week 2, but the Bills were MUCH more impressive in their win, imo. It doesn't seem to me as though the Raiders have a lot to look forward to, considering their QB has a 35% completion percentage. The Bills have shown the ability to have a decent defense and an explosive offense. The Raiders showed they have a good defense, but their offense is struggling mightily.

I just don't think anyone can tell me that right now, stats outside of a W/L record are meaningless. At the end of the season, yeah it doesn't matter if Edwards throws for 5000 yards, if at the same time we go 1-15. I can believe that. But not in Week 2.

trapezeus
09-21-2009, 12:48 PM

they made a huge switch in the OC after the preseason concluded. I'm pretty sure if we held the status quo, we'd have seen a very different offense. There seems to be a simple personality issue that disappeared with Turk leaving. That seems to have helped communication between Trent and AVP.

I think that preseason was very indicative of the team the bills were bound to be under Turks tutelage.

Kenny
09-21-2009, 10:12 PM
Yah the patriots home opener on monday night with the return of tom brady. That game wasnt competetive at all.

The only stat that matters are wins and losses.

And once NE started to shake off the rust... well, -their last 2 td's came pretty easy.

jamze132
09-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Our season thus far couldn't be more different than the pre-season. We had Schonert for 5 pre-season games and I think that is the difference, and probably the only difference.

Pre-season matters a lot. The record does not, but the work does.