PDA

View Full Version : Bullets & Bits: The Bills/Bucs Review

patmoran2006
09-20-2009, 10:42 PM
The Buffalo Bills establishe[/URL]d their feisty performance this past Monday night as no fluke. They took the field against Tampa Bay Sunday in front of a rabid crowd, in a game they were expected to win… And did precisely just that.Big plays on both sides of the ball stormed them to a quick 17-0 lead, allowed the Bucs to hang around along the way before promptly putting them away, via the popcorn guy (who apparently had some of that popcorn button on his fingers in the first half).

Our quarterback played the way a third year improving quarterback is supposed to. Our big money receivers made a couple of those big money plays. The defense basically shut down a running game that entered Sunday as one of the league’s most feared, led by Haloti Ngata, who showed up disguised as Kyle Williams.

And our head coach is suddenly hip.

My game thoughts, in entirely random order: [URL="http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/09/bullets-bits-the-billsbucs-review/"]READ MORE (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/09/bullets-bits-the-billsbucs-review/tobills/)

Dr. Lecter
09-20-2009, 10:46 PM
Nice write-up Pat.

You and I agreed on a number of points.

And you stiffed us Saturday night, so as EE said "Your post is a douche". :D

patmoran2006
09-20-2009, 10:53 PM
hah. I will make it up to everyone.

I seriously didn't stiff. I had all sorts of issues to take care of.

I'm going to HOST a big Bills party this season at my bar, FREE draft and food too for all Zoners

BillsWin
09-20-2009, 10:56 PM
I like your writing style Pat. very nice, I have always enjoyed your stuff and the new site looks great.

psubills62
09-20-2009, 11:17 PM
Very good article, pat. Love the thoughts about the team, all very good. I'm not sure what it is, but reading analysis of the game (especially when we win or play well) is always exciting to me.

Just one more thought..."popcorn button?"

patmoran2006
09-20-2009, 11:22 PM
Very good article, pat. Love the thoughts about the team, all very good. I'm not sure what it is, but reading analysis of the game (especially when we win or play well) is always exciting to me.

Just one more thought..."popcorn button?"
Good catch.. Edited. I'm tired man.. Longgggggg ass day

psubills62
09-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Good catch.. Edited. I'm tired man.. Longgggggg ass day

Understandable. I'm sure I'm as ignorant as any regarding the effort of maintaining a relatively new website.

patmoran2006
09-20-2009, 11:24 PM
Well enough of those google ads get clicked I can start hiring more editors, lol..

mysticsoto
09-20-2009, 11:50 PM
Good read, Pat. But I wouldn't discount Lynch b'cse FJ is having some good games. The double and triple team on our receivers leaves alot of space for him to run. I still think, despite my high view of Fred, that Lynch is the better back. And if FJ got 165 yds this game, Lynch might have had 200. This in no way is a knock against Fred. I just think Lynch is better and stronger.

patmoran2006
09-21-2009, 08:11 AM
Good read, Pat. But I wouldn't discount Lynch b'cse FJ is having some good games. The double and triple team on our receivers leaves alot of space for him to run. I still think, despite my high view of Fred, that Lynch is the better back. And if FJ got 165 yds this game, Lynch might have had 200. This in no way is a knock against Fred. I just think Lynch is better and stronger.
It's a very good point.

There is no doubt that TO simply just being here is making it harder for the defense to stack up against the run, like they so clearly did last year.

homeslice5484
09-21-2009, 09:01 AM
I am interested to see what the bills do with these injuries. We seemed to play well in the 5 WR set in the second half also. It was a nice change up. Watching the game, besides punts, Parrish is pretty useless, Id rather see Johnson catching the ball over the middle.

patmoran2006
09-21-2009, 09:24 AM
I am interested to see what the bills do with these injuries. We seemed to play well in the 5 WR set in the second half also. It was a nice change up. Watching the game, besides punts, Parrish is pretty useless, Id rather see Johnson catching the ball over the middle.
Another good point.

And I'm starting to agree about Parrish...

However, in those 5 WR sets, if nothing else he can stretch the field.

I think that 5 WR set will be a huge benefit to TO and Reed

ddaryl
09-21-2009, 10:23 AM

Parrish is nothing more then a PR...

Steve Johnson showed a knack for being effective inthe red zone last year, and IMO would make a much better #4 WR then Parrish

homeslice5484
09-21-2009, 11:34 AM
AVP was on the radio after the game, and said the bills planned to go 5 wide for a few series this game to change it up...and when they did I thought they moved the ball well and spread out the defense. Nice to also have Jackson who can go out wide. I just dont see Parrish as a benefit to this team anymore, hes even been shaky on special teams so far for the most part.

I wouldnt be surprised if hes traded by the deadline, would you? We need to get Stevie on the field.

jamze132
09-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Great review pat, keep it up!

Discotrish
09-21-2009, 01:04 PM
[SIZE=2]
Our quarterback played the way a third year improving quarterback is supposed to. Our big money receivers made a couple of those big money plays. The defense basically shut down a running game that entered Sunday as one of the league’s most feared, led by Haloti Ngata, who showed up disguised as Kyle Williams.

And our head coach is suddenly hip.

My game thoughts, in entirely random order: READ MORE (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/09/bullets-bits-the-billsbucs-review/)

Nice writeup, I liked the Jauron quip too. I wouldn't use "big money" twice in one sentence -- maybe "big money players made a couple of plays Ben Bernanke would envy..."

Enjoyed the read.

Patti