PDA

View Full Version : Trent's best play in my opinion.

BillsWin
09-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Was chasing down the Buc after the Jackson fumble. How many quarterbacks in this league do you see doing that? Not many. The guy wants to win. I like it.

Oh, and that dropped T.O bomb was gorgeous. Until the drop of course...

Michael82
09-20-2009, 10:48 PM
I was definitely impressed with that one and also impressed with Roscoe for getting that guy down before he got the TD.

BillsWin
09-20-2009, 10:49 PM
I was definitely impressed with that one and also impressed with Roscoe for getting that down down before he got the TD.
Roscoe is one fast little bugger.

Michael82
09-20-2009, 10:56 PM
Roscoe is one fast little bugger.
yeah he is. You knew that he was going to get there to get the tackle though...he turned on his jets and was flying down the field.

psubills62
09-20-2009, 10:56 PM
Edwards was inconsistent, but overall I think it was a good game for him. He needs to get the ball out faster. Either they're not (imo) calling enough slants, quick outs, etc., or Edwards isn't reading them very well, or the opponent is covering those kinds of plays.

He threw the deep ball well (except the INT), and was accurate with zip on the ball. Despite holding onto the ball too long, he made good decisions with his passes. Edwards was decent. I was frustrated, but at the end of the game (when I'm not as emotionally involved), he looked pretty good.

I was glad to see that the Bills could go long if needed. They didn't just stick with the screens and dump-offs just because they worked in one game.

Lexwhat
09-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Edwards was inconsistent, but overall I think it was a good game for him. He needs to get the ball out faster. Either they're not (imo) calling enough slants, quick outs, etc., or Edwards isn't reading them very well, or the opponent is covering those kinds of plays.

He threw the deep ball well (except the INT), and was accurate with zip on the ball. Despite holding onto the ball too long, he made good decisions with his passes. Edwards was decent. I was frustrated, but at the end of the game (when I'm not as emotionally involved), he looked pretty good.

I was glad to see that the Bills could go long if needed. They didn't just stick with the screens and dump-offs just because they worked in one game.

Excellent post!

jmb1099
09-21-2009, 05:56 AM
I don't know if I'd say he was inconsistent or if that is the natural ebb and flow of the game. I need to go back and watch but I think he may have only had a handful of bad plays. We'll know for sure this week because we are going to need to trade punches with NO...ugh

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-21-2009, 06:14 AM
i saw edwards get more confident as teh game progressed... Although I did feel he got tentative after takeing a few shots... at one point on second down he took a shot, was slow to get up and it was 3rd and long and it seem to me that AVP did not feel trent was all there and they ran a semi draw to jackson and got nowhere....anyone else remember that series?

Dujek
09-21-2009, 06:50 AM
I don't know if I'd say he was inconsistent or if that is the natural ebb and flow of the game. I need to go back and watch but I think he may have only had a handful of bad plays. We'll know for sure this week because we are going to need to trade punches with NO...ugh

I can think of 3 really bad throws, the INT, one in the 4th quarter that should have been an INT and the one where he went long to Evans down the sideline straight after Owens' drop.

I can think of about a dozen passes that were delivered bang on the money with real pace, making sure his guy was the only one with a play on the ball.

Edwards had 3 good quarters, the 1st, 2nd and 4th, and a poor 3rd quarter (though the offense in general was abysmal in the 3rd quarter). He's got a lot of potential, but this year he has to start realising it fully and I don't think he's quite there yet.

Oh, and I loved him lowering the shoulder and punishing the safety at the end of one of his runs.

TacklingDummy
09-21-2009, 07:46 AM
Was chasing down the Buc after the Jackson fumble. How many quarterbacks in this league do you see doing that? Not many. The guy wants to win. I like it.

Losman did the same thing a few years ago. The difference is JP actually tackled the guy he was chasing.

mybills
09-21-2009, 08:05 AM
Good post, Dujek. I thought he got a concussion in the locker room at half time. He looked totally different starting the 2nd half.

madness
09-21-2009, 09:29 AM
Don't forget the lick he laid on the CB at the end of his scramble. The broadcast team was loving it.

Michael82
09-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Don't forget the lick he laid on the CB at the end of his scramble. The broadcast team was loving it.
I hated it. I'm sorry, but just get out of bounds or slide. We don't need to see our starting QB shoving the defensive players and using his body.

Philagape
09-21-2009, 09:51 AM
A QB should never lean into a hit with his throwing shoulder, and Trent's done it twice in two games. Gives me a heart attack.
There's tough, and then there's stupid.

madness
09-21-2009, 10:00 AM
I hated it. I'm sorry, but just get out of bounds or slide. We don't need to see our starting QB shoving the defensive players and using his body.

I hate players that play not to get injured... even QB's.

Michael82
09-21-2009, 11:19 AM
A QB should never lean into a hit with his throwing shoulder, and Trent's done it twice in two games. Gives me a heart attack.
There's tough, and then there's stupid.
Exactly! :hi5:

DraftBoy
09-21-2009, 11:22 AM
I hate players that play not to get injured... even QB's.

Its not playing not to get injured its smart football. The CB hits harder, the ball could be fumbeled, you could energize the D and give them tons of momentum after getting a huge hit laid on you. Get down or get out of bounds, don't be a dumbass.

madness
09-21-2009, 11:25 AM
Its not playing not to get injured its smart football. The CB hits harder, the ball could be fumbeled, you could energize the D and give them tons of momentum after getting a huge hit laid on you. Get down or get out of bounds, don't be a dumbass.

Thank you for your input, Dick Jauron.

justasportsfan
09-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Losman did the same thing a few years ago. The difference is JP actually tackled the guy he was chasing.
why bring Losman into this disscussion?