• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

I would like to point something out that Pat Moran wrote

In his write up The Bills and Bucs Review for his new website. I thought this would merit its own thread and discussion. Here is a quote about Terrell Owens.

* Let’s get the obvious out of the way first. Terrell Owens scored on a long touchdown pass. This is critically important for two big reasons.
    1- He can say (or not say) whatever he wants, but until he made a significant contribution he was still an outsider to this team. That changed with the touchdown. Hopefully it’s the start of something big.
    2- He atoned for that awful drop earlier in the game. Had he not made up for it later on, it would’ve been a very long week with the media. I already environed Skip Bayless and every ESPN analyst laying into him. Even had the Bills won, T.O.’s mood would’ve been anything but enjoyable.

I think that point one was dead on. I get the feeling that the Bills fans really have embraced T.O as one of us, but were still in awe that he was a Bill. What Pat wrote made me realize that while I knew Owens was a Bill, I didnt really think of him as a Bill (subconsciously).

I think maybe the team had some of those same issues. They accepted him, but really until he contributed positively to Buffalo, he really wasnt a true Bill.

Maybe that is why the entire team went insane when Owens scored. Not only was it a touchdown, but it really did signify Owens becoming a Buffalo Bill.

I don't know, I just thought that Pat was dead on with that statement and that maybe that was the push needed to make everything start to click. I don't know, just a thought.

What do you guys think?
    I am The Batman.
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: I would like to point something out that Pat Moran wrote

Its like, we all think of him as a Buffalo Bill. But when he scored his first touchdown as a Bill, that is when subconsciously he finally became a Bill.

Its a little deep and maybe not what Pat meant, but I really think that its true...
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Thanks.

It is pretty much what I meant.

He was a Buffalo Bill before today; but I think today he really became PART of the Buffalo Bills, if that makes sense.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• BillsWin
        man amongst boys
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        Thanks.

He was a Buffalo Bill before today; but I think today he really became PART of the Buffalo Bills, if that makes sense.
        yeah, thats a pretty cool way to look at things. I mean after you said that I remembered the scene when he scored, I mean Eric Wood for God sakes sprinted down the field to congratulate T.O and Evans held him up and the fans were insane. It was a scene that I feel had more meaning than just a TD catch.
        I am The Batman.

Comment

• BillsWin
          man amongst boys
          • Oct 2008

welcome to the Buffalo Bills T.O. congrats on that first TD in a Bills uni. May there be many more!
          I am The Batman.

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

I agree. I think that T.O. brought a presence with him. And until he made a TD catch or had a big game, it was more as if he was a guy there to give the media little nuggets instead of to play football. I think after the catch we can see him as a football player instead of just a presence.

Hard to describe, but I agree. And I say "we" because I have no idea how the team actually felt about him.
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• jmb1099
              • Sep 2004

it was the Bills and TO up until that play, not the Bills with TO. Big difference, good thoughts Pat and Billswin

Comment

• BillsWin
                man amongst boys
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by jmb1099
                it was the Bills and TO up until that play, not the Bills with TO. Big difference, good thoughts Pat and Billswin
                thats a good way of putting it. I agree.
                I am The Batman.

Comment

• Dude
                  that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
                  • Feb 2005

Based upon his facial expressions while sitting on the bench leading up to his TD, I'd say that TO didn't feel like he was a part of the Buffalo Bills either.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

it was cool to see him not really do anything to celebrate the moment either. He just kinda took it all in. he didn't make it a "me" thing. he just kinda took the crowd response in.

i bet the happiest camper was DJ. You don't want TO upset 2 weeks in a row.

Comment

• Goobylal
                      • Jan 2004

If you meant he wasn't a part of the team in Bills' fans' eyes until that TD, then yes I agree. But TO's presence has drawn double-coverage in both games, freeing-up the 8-men fronts the Bills used to always see, and opens things up for the other guys. Those are things that aren't apparent to most Bills fans, while a TD is. But the team knows it.

Comment

• BillsWin
                        man amongst boys
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Dude
                        Based upon his facial expressions while sitting on the bench leading up to his TD, I'd say that TO didn't feel like he was a part of the Buffalo Bills either.
                        he kinda sat aloof too didnt he? and after that touchdown i saw a shot of him chattin with lee. maybe he did feel a little like an outsider. who knows? all i know is that i went crazy when he scored. more so than i thought i would
                        I am The Batman.

Comment

• Discotrish
                          Raging hypocrite and resident troll
                          • Nov 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                          Thanks.

Very good insight on #1 and I was thinking the same thing at the time on #2. probably a lot of people are nodding their heads on that one.

Patti
                          Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

Working...
                          X