PDA

View Full Version : Any INjury news/updates?

Forward_Lateral
09-21-2009, 06:37 AM
Any word on Butler, Schouman and McKelvin? Schouman's injury looked bad, and I expect him to be out for a long time, but what about Butler and McKelvin? Butler got his knee rolled up, hopefully no ligament damage. I have no idea what happened to Leodis. Anyone?

Canadian'eh!
09-21-2009, 06:43 AM
No idea about Leodis or Nelson.. I enver even saw them get hurt.

Schouman is def a season ender. and I'd bet money Butler's is too.

Hello John Runyan.

Forward_Lateral
09-21-2009, 06:46 AM
Schouman's looked disgusting. It looked like a broken leg.

Butler's looked not as bad, maybe the injury bug will be nice to Buffalo for once?

T-Long
09-21-2009, 06:48 AM
I don't think Brad's is season ending, but Derek's is for sure. No clue about McKelvin...never saw him got hurt

Canadian'eh!
09-21-2009, 07:17 AM
I'm sure they were checking Butler's ACL. And it looked lax to me. Also the way it twisted under him as he got rolled up on...

I hope i'm wrong, but I think the damage to the knee will be bad.

ChristopherWalken
09-21-2009, 07:21 AM
Hopefully Butler and McKelvin are OK as they have the biggest impact on the team. I don't like seeing anyone hurt and no offense to Schouman, but Nelson is coming into his own and looks like the better player IMO.

If Butler is out, do the Bills have no choice but to sign Runyan?

Canadian'eh!
09-21-2009, 07:26 AM
Nelson tweeted last night that his shoulder is ok and he'll be ready for the Saints.

Schouman and Butler are to have MRI's (today i think)

Haven't heard anything on McKelvin.

Canadian'eh!
09-21-2009, 07:27 AM
sort of related... Leonard Pope is 6'8" and 274. he also once had 5 TD's in a season.

Might be a descent vet fill in.

Forward_Lateral
09-21-2009, 07:43 AM
I'm less worried about the TE situation than I am about the RT situation. The Bills are going to have to sign someone, whether it be Runyan, or bringing that slob Walker back.

hydro
09-21-2009, 07:45 AM
I saw McKelvin walk into the tunnel and he just looked hobbled. He was walking under his own power. Might have been an ankle.

mybills
09-21-2009, 08:14 AM
Is Schouman the one who got kicked above the knee cap?

Forward_Lateral
09-21-2009, 08:18 AM
Is Schouman the one who got kicked above the knee cap?

No. Schoman had someone land on his knee sideways.

HHURRICANE
09-21-2009, 08:21 AM
Schouman is done. Watch the replay.

Butler 50/50.

What happened to Nelson?

Jan Reimers
09-21-2009, 08:41 AM
Nelson has a shoulder injury which is not believed to be serious. Ditto McKelvin's ankle. I think Butler and Schouman are having their knees MRI'd.

Dr. Lecter
09-21-2009, 08:48 AM
According to this morning's Buffalo News, Schouman might NOT be serious and might only be a sprain. He was walking on it after the game.

ddaryl
09-21-2009, 08:55 AM
According to this morning's Buffalo News, Schouman might NOT be serious and might only be a sprain. He was walking on it after the game.

WOW !!!!

that woul dbe awesome neews... the guy was having a heluva break out game.

I know exactly what he was thinking lying on the turf... Why me !

TigerJ
09-21-2009, 08:57 AM
McKelvin was an ankle. I saw him walking with a limp, so I'm guessing a sprain.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
09-21-2009, 09:20 AM
Why are you all ending Schouman's season? I've seen players "walk away" from the field in the injury car who eventually return after just some weeks.

Tatonka
09-21-2009, 09:35 AM
if schouman isn't done for the season the way that looked and the way he was crying.. it would be a miracle. you could clearly see from his face that he thought his season was done.

psubills62
09-21-2009, 09:41 AM

:pray: That would be fantastic if it wasn't serious.

Canadian'eh!
09-21-2009, 10:11 AM
my buddy walked off after tearing his acl to shreds.,...

Forward_Lateral
09-21-2009, 10:15 AM
I'm pretty sure I tore at least one ligament in my knee, and I walked too. Just because he was walking on it doesn't mean he'll be fine. I hope he is, but it will be a miracle if he didn't tear something the way the Bucs defender landed on him.

Dr. Pepper
09-21-2009, 10:17 AM
when does the FO normally update us on these things?

Buddo
09-21-2009, 11:44 AM
when does the FO normally update us on these things?

They probably won't say much until the guys have had whatever scans etc. they think are necessary for a proper diagnosis.
I believe Butler and Schouman are having MRI's today, so it's possible we may hear something later today, but more likely would be tomorrow at a guess.
I'd say that traditionally, the Bills don't give out much info. until a proper diagnosis has been done.

DraftBoy
09-21-2009, 11:47 AM
You can walk if you tear only one of your three knee ligaments, its when you tear all three that you can no longer walk on the knee.

mybills
09-21-2009, 12:07 PM
No. Schoman had someone land on his knee sideways.
I think that was Butler. Schouman caught a foot in the thigh right above his knee. It probably bent it back and stretched a hamstring or something. :idunno:

Forward_Lateral
09-21-2009, 01:38 PM
I think that was Butler. Schouman caught a foot in the thigh right above his knee. It probably bent it back and stretched a hamstring or something. :idunno:

Butler had someone roll up on his knee from behind. Trust me, Schouman's leg was extended, after making a catch and on the ground, and someone landed directly onto the side of his knee, bending his knee sideways.

NoVabillsfan89
09-21-2009, 02:28 PM
A friend of mine played in college and tells me he had the exact same thing happen to him as what happened with Schouman.

His was a torn MCL rather than ACL which is roughly 6 weeks for full recovery. Very painful, but not as serious as an ACL.

Fingers crossed he is right . . .