PDA

View Full Version : Things that make you go hmmmmm?

alohabillsfan
09-21-2009, 06:47 AM
Here are a few things that I found to be very NON Buffalo Bill like....

1) We blitzed in the 4th quarter repeatedly! Not sure when the last time we did that.

2) We changed offensive game plans. Last week lots of screens to Freddie, this week the deep ball.

3) Jauron went for 4th and inches and we made it!!!!

4) Runing game produced! Again, not sure but the new O-line is looking like a good decision! they can block in space!!!!!!!!!!!

5) Whitner made a play, nuff said.

What else??

yordad
09-21-2009, 06:59 AM
To me, this game was reminiscent of last years home opener vs Seattle. We did some similar things, including a lot of blitzing.

Dujek
09-21-2009, 07:01 AM
We had two WRs who were able to catch deep passes for TDs.

Can't remember the last time we had that...

Throne Logic
09-21-2009, 07:27 AM
I'd be happier if they kept the high-pace pressure on after the scripts run out. They put together a great gameplan two weeks in a row. However, once they move into game-time decisions the super conservative play returns. Hence all the "they look non-challant" out there" comments.

I was happy to see them go back to making Tampa play at the pace the Bills wanted in the 4th.

We play good when we are not conservative. That has been a constant, even with Jauron.

alohabillsfan
09-21-2009, 08:10 AM
I'd be happier if they kept the high-pace pressure on after the scripts run out. They put together a great gameplan two weeks in a row. However, once they move into game-time decisions the super conservative play returns. Hence all the "they look non-challant" out there" comments.

I was happy to see them go back to making Tampa play at the pace the Bills wanted in the 4th.

We play good when we are not conservative. That has been a constant, even with Jauron.

Could not agree more!

unpaid_bills
09-21-2009, 08:34 AM
Here are a few things that I found to be very NON Buffalo Bill like....

1) We blitzed in the 4th quarter repeatedly! Not sure when the last time we did that.

2) We changed offensive game plans. Last week lots of screens to Freddie, this week the deep ball.

3) Jauron went for 4th and inches and we made it!!!!

4) Runing game produced! Again, not sure but the new O-line is looking like a good decision! they can block in space!!!!!!!!!!!

5) Whitner made a play, nuff said.

The Def played great. One thing that bugs me still i dont like the prevent. In the 4th when the Bills corners again (just like last week against the Pats) were at least 5-10 yds off the receiver allowing them to run under the coverage. Leftwich was under duress all day and their receivers are horrible. Why even give them anything, especially since what you were doing was working all day.

They came out of the box with some fire and trickery the reverse to TO, long passes. They need to be creative and keep the D on their heels. Overall very good game if they play like this we will be in every game. Nice win

What else??

ServoBillieves
09-21-2009, 08:37 AM
Donte Whitner made 2 big plays.

Captain gameboy
09-21-2009, 08:56 AM
Subtle thing.

Late in the game, when clock was the factor, Josh Reed gets open for clock killing first downs, and TE's passes are sharp and in position where only Reed can catch them.

Well done.

Michael82
09-21-2009, 09:51 AM
Subtle thing.

Late in the game, when clock was the factor, Josh Reed gets open for clock killing first downs, and TE's passes are sharp and in position where only Reed can catch them.

Well done.
Reed was money on 3rd downs too. :up:

Captain gameboy
09-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Reed was money on 3rd downs too. :up:

Impossible.
Trent can't throw the intermediate route.

SABURZFAN
09-21-2009, 09:54 AM
Impossible.
Trent can't throw the intermediate route.

:chuckle: