PDA

View Full Version : Things that just leave you scratching your head about this team.

HHURRICANE
09-21-2009, 08:16 AM
Okay after watching the game and thinking about our FO:

1) Corner has been playing great since we drafted him. Why did we sign McGee long term?

2) Kelsay is better than Maybin. So we drafted a guy that can't play as well as the guy we are hoping to replace?

3) If Ellis and Chambers are on the roster why keep them inactive every week?

4) Was Derek Fine in the game after Shouman got hurt?

5) I know we are just unlucky but by week 2 our injury list is always extradorinary. There is a pattern here.

6) TO and Evans can't catch balls. So why is Edwards getting blamed for not throwing the deep ball?

mybills
09-21-2009, 08:21 AM
1) Why can't we have both
2) Kelsay's getting older
3) I thought Ellis was active
4) Didn't see him
5) I agree
6) He did throw deep. They both had a TD.

HHURRICANE
09-21-2009, 08:23 AM
6) He did throw deep. They both had a TD.

Yeah, and Ownes and Evans both dropped balls that hit them in the hands deep.

I'm just tired of hearing about how it's Edwards fault.

mybills
09-21-2009, 08:24 AM
I'm not hearing that. :idunno:

Dr. Lecter
09-21-2009, 08:25 AM

1) Corner has been playing great since we drafted him. Why did we sign McGee long term?

2) Kelsay is better than Maybin. So we drafted a guy that can't play as well as the guy we are hoping to replace?

5) I know we are just unlucky but by week 2 our injury list is always extradorinary. There is a pattern here.

6) TO and Evans can't catch balls. So why is Edwards getting blamed for not throwing the deep ball?
1. McGee is the best corner on the team.

2. Maybin is a rookie. Duh. Is this even a legit question? (Not to mention Kelsy played his best two games in a few years). And Schobel is 32, nearing the end of his career. There are a number of answers.

3. The Bills, and the rest of the NFL, are only allowed so many players active on gameday. By rule, they have 46 active players meaning 7 are inactive. Somebody has to be inactive.

4. yes. And before that too. The Bills ran the ball more in the 4th quarter as they tried to protect the lead.

5. Always? I have also not compared to the rest of the NFL.

6. Evans did not drop anything, but we know TO does. I have defended Edwards on this too. His problem is that he can throw it, but does not do it enough.

Now a question for you:

1. Did you enjoy this win at all? Two threads since the EOG and both are 100% negative.

alohabillsfan
09-21-2009, 08:27 AM

1) Corner has been playing great since we drafted him. Why did we sign McGee long term? Mcgee is the best corner we have and I'm not saying Gruden was last Monday, I just happen to agree.

2) Kelsay is better than Maybin. So we drafted a guy that can't play as well as the guy we are hoping to replace? Yes, Maybin has 2 nfl games under his belt, Bust! Give me a break!
3) If Ellis and Chambers are on the roster why keep them inactive every week? Thats fairly normal so I guess all FO's are inept! Really, you just asked that?

4) Was Derek Fine in the game after Shouman got hurt? Yes, watch the game again and look for the guy with the jersey that says FINE on the back.

5) I know we are just unlucky but by week 2 our injury list is always extradorinary. There is a pattern here. Hey, guess what Chambers may be active next week, which will make our FO smarter!
6) TO and Evans can't catch balls. So why is Edwards getting blamed for not throwing the deep ball? Kidding, right?

justasportsfan
09-21-2009, 08:28 AM

:roflmao:

another dumb thread.

Jan Reimers
09-21-2009, 08:35 AM

1) It's called depth. And it's important.

2) Maybin is a rookie who has played 2 games. You're writing him off already?

3) Six players are inactive every week.

4) Fine played after Schouman went out.

5) Two of the injuries were knees, one was a shoulder and one was an ankle. Are you making that silly conditioning argument again? It holds no water.

6) TO is known to drop balls. Evans rarely drops one. They both can get deep and catch long passes. We all know that Trent will have to throw long to make this offense fully functional. Trent does not get blamed for drops by his receivers.

psubills62
09-21-2009, 08:37 AM

So do you REALLY want our FO to draft another 2-3 CB's next year?

hydro
09-21-2009, 08:40 AM
ITT: HH gets owned once again.

yordad
09-21-2009, 08:54 AM
What pass did Lee drop? I really don't remember one. There was one to the end zone, but the defender got a hand on it. We are just used to Lee still making that catch, but you can't call it a "drop". It was a "pass defensed".

Jan Reimers
09-21-2009, 08:57 AM
What pass did Lee drop? I really don't remember one. There was one to the end zone, but the defender got a hand on it. We are just used to Lee still making that catch, but you can't call it a "drop". It was a "pass defensed".
Lee Evans has great hands.

Dr. Lecter
09-21-2009, 08:59 AM
If he is calling that pass a drop, it was not. That was literally right in front of me and that pass was broken by a very good play by the Tampa DB.

I don't think Evans dropped one.

gil
09-21-2009, 09:27 AM
Seriously, I try not to be a homer, but this seems like you're just trying to be a contrarian just for the hell of it.

The Maybin comment has to be a joke, right? I thought he looked great in pre-season and at NE for holding out as long as he did - so he didn't have a great game - he didn't get a ton of snaps either.

And, I am not fan of this FO, but if you were going to be intellectually honest, then you would at least have to give it to them so far for the two rookies they drafted and decided to start on the O-Line which has exceeded my expectations by a mile.

yordad
09-21-2009, 09:43 AM
Seriously, I try not to be a homer, but this seems like you're just trying to be a contrarian just for the hell of it.

The Maybin comment has to be a joke, right? I thought he looked great in pre-season and at NE for holding out as long as he did - so he didn't have a great game - he didn't get a ton of snaps either.

And, I am not fan of this FO, but if you were going to be intellectually honest, then you would at least have to give it to them so far for the two rookies they drafted and decided to start on the O-Line which has exceeded my expectations by a mile.Whatever. You're just saying that cuz you love Jauron. :snicker:

SABURZFAN
09-21-2009, 09:48 AM
:yawn:

:z:

Captain gameboy
09-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Here's my favorite HH thing.

"5) I know we are just unlucky but by week 2 our injury list is always extradorinary. There is a pattern here."

The inference is bad conditioning.

Last year, we outplayed Jax in Jax in extremely hot conditions in----week two.

Ya..There certainly is a pattern here.

ddaryl
09-21-2009, 09:59 AM
1) MCGee >>>>> Corner

2) Kelsay is re-incarnated this year. that is not the kelsay we are used too. Schobel is older and his days are numbered

3) not sure

4) yes

5) It is worrisome

6) rediculous... you still take your shots, one drop between them and it was attoned for

more cowbell
09-21-2009, 10:13 AM
so uh...when did lee evans drop a pass?

and good im glad chris kelsay is better than maybin right now...after two games in the NFL for i would hope it would be that way

camelcowboy
09-21-2009, 10:20 AM
1) We won

Ebenezer
09-21-2009, 07:26 PM
http://actingschmacting.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/broken-record.jpg

Pinkerton Security
09-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Heres the only things leave me scratching my head :

1) How can you write off Maybin already? Mario Williams looked bad his first year or so, and now hes reaaaallly good.
2) Why isnt HH commenting on this thread? Oh bc we won

jamze132
09-22-2009, 12:33 AM

What a bunch of :bs: