• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mudflap1
    Next Question!
    • Nov 2004

The Bills can atone for the loss to the Pats by beating "The "Aint's"

We don't need to relive the horror of the Week 1 loss, and the fact that it was a big win against our bitter rivals and the Bills blew it. However, I think the Bills can make up for choking by beating the Saints.

The Saints are a juggernaut right now. Maybe it won't be that way for the whole season, but right now they are "the one team that comes into the season on fire and obliterates defenses for the first half of the season until defenses and bad weather catch up to them".

Ordinarily, I wouldn't give the Bills a snowball's chance in you-know-where to pull this off. It is not the type of game they win. Think of the Raiders juggernaut in early 2002 putting up 40+ on the Bills (when the Bills were playing well). Think of New England in 2007. I would customarily expect a 20+ point loss. And I still kinda do.

However, if the Bills and their vanilla, bend-but-don't-break defense can play well and maybe a little aggressively, and the offense can not drop sure touchdown passes, hand the ball off in the red zone to the defense at the end of the half to set up a coast-to-coast touchdown, not fumble kickoffs, and all-in-all play above their heads, it would be a nice win that I wouldn't expect at all, which would make up for the New England loss. Their schedule sets up nicely in the coming weeks after this game. But let's not get ahead ourselves. Philly is a good team, and they got their pants pulled down yesterday, and it wasn't even Kevin Kolb's fault. He threw for 380+ yards. This will be an immense test for the Bills and their coaches.
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: The Bills can atone for the loss to the Pats by beating "The "Aint's"

I agree, for the most part. A win against NO will help their credibility with the fan base this year for sure. But we'd still be 0-1 in the division.

That being said, New Orleans has gotten 3 INT's in EACH of their first two games. We have to take care of the ball. They've got a very good offense, but if we can get the turnover margin to favor us by 2, I think we've got a decent shot.

At this point I'm expecting us to go to 1-2, which wouldn't be TERRIBLE. It's similar to how I felt before Week 1. I expected a loss to the Pats, but I wanted to see an effective defense and offense, which I did see for the most part. If I see the same again next Sunday, I'll be very optimistic for the rest of our games.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

I think if the Bills win it will go along way for making some Bills fans into billievers again.
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

If I am to believe we have any shot at the playoffs we must beat the Saints

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

This team has already exceeded my expectations especially after their preseason. I think if this team stays healthy that it will be a very exciting year instead of a wasted year like I thought one week ago prior to the Patriots game.
          I am not talking playoffs. I am just saying they are playing better than I expected.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

i'll agree with the original post. Remember DJ's Bills head coaching stats don't look good against teams with an above .500 record.

If we are to believe this year is any different than the past 3, we need a big time effort against a red hot team. Otherwise its standard DJ Bills football.

Comment

• Mudflap1
              Next Question!
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus
              i'll agree with the original post. Remember DJ's Bills head coaching stats don't look good against teams with an above .500 record.

If we are to believe this year is any different than the past 3, we need a big time effort against a red hot team. Otherwise its standard DJ Bills football.
              Exactly.

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Schobel is going to have to play against the Saints for us to have a shot at winning.

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mahdi
                  Schobel is going to have to play against the Saints for us to have a shot at winning.
                  Is he injured? I know he had problems last week, but I haven't seen anything saying he wouldn't play against the Saints...
                  "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Devin
                    The Octagon
                    • Apr 2003

Trust me I am a Bills fan first, but the Saints being the local team I get to hear all kinds of stuff locally.

Id be shocked if we kept this game withing 15-20 points. Brees is the best QB in football (arguably for the past 2-3 seasons) and is playing possessed. I dont even know who the hell you cover in the offense, the Saints dole out TD's to every offensive player eligible. Brees is the least sacked QB in football.

Defensivley we certainly can score on them but in a shootout we simply wont win.
                    I think (apart from good old fashion luck.....which we dont have a drop of) we need to pray for more than one bad day on the Saints O.
                    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

Working...
                    X