PDA

View Full Version : Roscoe could be traded this week.

Canadian'eh!
09-21-2009, 01:45 PM
<H1>Roscoe Parrish is on the trade block again

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 21, 2009 2:40 PM ET
Drafted by the Mike Mularkey Bills in 2005, wide receiver Roscoe Parrish has had four different offensive coordinators during his tenure in Buffalo.

And none of them have known exactly what to do with him.

So with Parrish mostly riding the pine these days, the Bills have decided to see what they can get for him.

A league source tells PFT's Mike Florio that Parrish is on the trade block and he could be dealt as soon as the week.

Possible destinations include the Chiefs, Jaguars, and Redskins.

The Bills are rather short on the offensive line, but it seems more likely that Buffalo would be able to get a late-round draft pick in exchange for Parrish, who is under contract through 2011.

Parrish has no catches on the season as a wide receiver. He has one punt return for five yards.

</H1>
where's Patmoran?

PECKERWOOD
09-21-2009, 01:48 PM
I think that he'd fit well in Kansas City.

Forward_Lateral
09-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Meh.

Canadian'eh!
09-21-2009, 01:50 PM
I don't expect to get much for him... but if this leads to Steve johnson finally seeing the field, i'm all for it.

Forward_Lateral
09-21-2009, 01:51 PM
I agree, Johnson needs to play. Roscoe has been virtually useless offensively. Sure, we lose his 1 punt return TD per season, but the opener didn't bring one, so we'd have to wait until next year to see it anyways.

Jan Reimers
09-21-2009, 01:51 PM
I thought Parrish was a disaster on Sunday. The guy seems incapable of fielding a punt and turning it upfield. He seems to let them hit, and then stands and watches as they roll deeper into our territory.

Anything we could get for him would be OK with me.

psubills62
09-21-2009, 01:52 PM
Trading Roscoe would be perfect. He offers very, very little to us at this point. Steve Johnson needs to see the field and we're going to need to open up a roster spot or two for when Lynch and Hardy come back. Jacksonville really needs a WR now with Nate Hughes gone and Troy Williamson out for the year. I'm really hoping they can get something for him, even if it's a 5th or 6th round draft pick.

Forward_Lateral
09-21-2009, 01:54 PM
I totally forgot about Hardy. When's he due back?

Michael82
09-21-2009, 01:57 PM
I totally forgot about Hardy. When's he due back?
Week 6 or later.

Michael82
09-21-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm fine with this move. Roscoe Parrish sucks as a receiver and the team doesn't know how to use him right. I'd much prefer Hardy and Johnson as the #4 WR. At least we could use them then. :up:

raphael120
09-21-2009, 02:05 PM
Send him to the Redskins.

They need more overpaid useless WRs.

PECKERWOOD
09-21-2009, 02:08 PM
Guys, he still has some value, I wouldn't give him away for free. He isn't a great reciever, understood but he is an elite punt returner, easily top 5 in the NFL.

patmoran2006
09-21-2009, 02:10 PM
I really don't think they'll get anything of value for him.

If they do trade him, it would be not because of money, but because they want to get Stevie Johnson on the field.

HOWEVER-- Do note that usually when the Bills pick up a notable acquisiton, they usually clear money off the books before or after doing so.

Trading Parrish could give them money for Runyan

PECKERWOOD
09-21-2009, 02:11 PM
Only way I'd listen to offers, is if they were offering a 3rd or 4th round pick. I'm sorry, but if any team offers less than that I'd hang up the phone on them.

ddaryl
09-21-2009, 02:13 PM
We need an upgrade at LB so if there is team solid depth at LB and a need for a special teamer who is threat to break one every time that would be a good trade

Griz78
09-21-2009, 02:17 PM
Roscoe is a luxury, take what you can get. Steve Johnson needs to get on the field. Plus Jackson or McKelvin can return punts

Jan Reimers
Only way I'd listen to offers, is if they were offering a 3rd or 4th round pick. I'm sorry, but if any team offers less than that I'd hang up the phone on them.
No one will give us a 3rd or 4th for a wide receiver/punt returner who is a nonentity as a WR, and has apparently lost his zest for returning punts.

bigbub2352
Roscoe is DUMB, get him out of here he is a terrible NFL WR, cant block, and is DUMB makes foolish plays constantly in his tenure here but he can return punts, thats about it
Trade him so we can get Steve Johnson on the feild its a joke he has been inactive and Corey Mcyntyre is on the feild

Mahdi
09-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Stevie J needs to get on the field.

PECKERWOOD
09-21-2009, 02:22 PM
No one will give us a 3rd or 4th for a wide receiver/punt returner who is a nonentity as a WR, and has apparently lost his zest for returning punts.

If no team offers a 3rd or 4th, then I'll settle with Roscoe's 19 yard punt return average. :up:

Jan Reimers
09-21-2009, 02:27 PM
If no team offers a 3rd or 4th, then I'll settle with Roscoe's 19 yard punt return average. :up:
I've always liked him as a punt returner, and maybe it's just early, but he doesn't seem to be nearly as aggressive on returns as he was in the past.

trapezeus
09-21-2009, 02:28 PM
it's never inspiring to have a player on your team where the ball takes up half to 3/4 his body when he holds it. It looks like he's playing with a rugby ball.

I'll take anything to get Roscoe off the books. Sure, he gave his best Don Beebe impersonation, but that's not enough. the fact that we have injuries starting to mount and that Langster most likely will find his way onto the field this week means that we have the kickoff's and punts covered by a kid who really wants to play football and had a great camp.

I am over the roscoe experiment. i honestly would be stunned if we got a first day pick for him. i'd expect the famous, "undisclosed pick" tag when he goes.

Captain gameboy
09-21-2009, 02:58 PM
I thought Parrish was a disaster on Sunday. The guy seems incapable of fielding a punt and turning it upfield. He seems to let them hit, and then stands and watches as they roll deeper into our territory.

Anything we could get for him would be OK with me.

Your post is translated into:

Roscoe is as disinterested in us as we are in him.

I thought he was protecting himself during this game.

Michael82
09-21-2009, 03:04 PM
I've always liked him as a punt returner, and maybe it's just early, but he doesn't seem to be nearly as aggressive on returns as he was in the past.
I saw the same thing. I saw a player that seems like he doesn't even want to be here anymore and I'm fine with it. I'll take whatever I can get, even if it's a 4th or 5th rounder.

ddaryl
09-21-2009, 03:04 PM
I thought he was protecting himself during this game.

When you signal for a fair catch that is virtually the same thing

Why he couldn't of called for a fair catch on 2 of those punts is beyond my conception.

Plus when Hardy is back and Streve Johnson on the pine there is no room for Roscoe anymore

Philagape
09-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Roscoe who?

homeslice5484
09-21-2009, 03:06 PM
get Stevie on the field....we got plenty of guys who can return punts

TigerJ
09-21-2009, 03:11 PM
I totally forgot about Hardy. When's he due back?He's on the PUP list. By rule he can't play or practice until after week six, I believe. Once the six weeks pass, the Bills can notify the league at any time and Hardy can start practicing. That notification begins a maximum 3 week by the end of which Buffalo has to either activate Hardy or release him.

Ingtar33
09-21-2009, 03:11 PM
yeah.. seriously. he's the best punt returner in NFL history. if no one is willing to give us a 4th for him. i say keep him.

mysticsoto
09-21-2009, 03:17 PM
When you signal for a fair catch that is virtually the same thing

Why he couldn't of called for a fair catch on 2 of those punts is beyond my conception.

Plus when Hardy is back and Streve Johnson on the pine there is no room for Roscoe anymore

I almost felt like he knew he wasn't going to be able to run with it, so there'd be no glory for him. So why bother...

Michael82
09-21-2009, 03:18 PM
get Stevie on the field....we got plenty of guys who can return punts
yeah....I'd like to see Byrd get a chance. He returned punts in college and did pretty good job.

Mr. Pink
09-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Roscoe has ONE ability that betters the team.

I don't feel like digging up stats again, I have done it in the past.

His SOLE contribution to this team is 5 yards above league on punt returns.

What real value is that when you're talking trade market?

And best punt returner in league history is very subjective, especially with all the rule changes from yesteryear to today. I've seen electrifying punt returners through the years who I'd take over Roscoe in a heart beat. Deion, Metcalf, White Shoes just to name a few.

BuffaloRanger
09-21-2009, 03:40 PM
I'd like to see Parrish get traded to another team that uses him like Welker. The the FO would have to explain why they couldn't find a way to use him in the slot in the 4 years he was here.

Give him a chance to play somewhere else. Just don't expect a pick better then 5th rd or a backup player. We aren't getting a starter for him.

X-Era
09-21-2009, 04:59 PM
:pray:

He does nothing for me as a receiver and although he can return very well, Im not that impressed.

Add in the emergence of Steve Johnson who we need on trhe field yesterday... Im sold... ship him off.

mysticsoto
09-21-2009, 06:06 PM
I'd like to see Parrish get traded to another team that uses him like Welker. The the FO would have to explain why they couldn't find a way to use him in the slot in the 4 years he was here.

Give him a chance to play somewhere else. Just don't expect a pick better then 5th rd or a backup player. We aren't getting a starter for him.

A 5th rd is not sufficient to warrant a trade for someone who can take it all the way in each time he catches a punt. If that is the best we get, we keep him. If, with injuries happening each week to WRs, we get a bite for a 3rd rd, I take it...otherwise, keep him.

Jeff1220
09-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Maybe trade him for a Butler replacement?

BillsWin
09-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Its to allow Steve a chance to show what he is worth, and Hardy will come back soon. If they can get a good deal on him Roscoe will be gone and very soon.

Ground Chuck
09-21-2009, 06:28 PM
I saw the same thing. I saw a player that seems like he doesn't even want to be here anymore and I'm fine with it. I'll take whatever I can get, even if it's a 4th or 5th rounder.

I'd be thrilled to get a 4th

paladin warrior
09-21-2009, 06:47 PM
I thouhgt Buffalo Bills fans want get LB.

Typ0
09-21-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm sick of seeing him running in the wrong direction. He gave back a first down against the BUCS....again.

ddaryl
09-21-2009, 07:22 PM
I thouhgt Buffalo Bills fans want get LB.

It would be great but unlikely.. Not to many teams have a quality LB to spare...

I would love if there was a LB out there who was disgruntled and could be had for Roscoe

SABURZFAN
09-21-2009, 07:48 PM
Trading Parrish could give them money for Runyan

:roflmao:

c'mon pat, they don't need to get rid of Parrish to free up money for Runyan. The Cheapskate wants to shave the payroll some more.

yordad
09-21-2009, 10:04 PM
He will be traded to the Lions for a 5th, which will be like a 4th.

clumping platelets
09-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Trading Parrish doesn't free up much

jamze132
09-22-2009, 12:08 AM
We would be extremely lucky to get a 5th from anyone...

Michael82
09-22-2009, 12:27 AM
I'd be thrilled to get a 4th
Me too! :up:

mybills
09-22-2009, 09:52 AM
I like the name Roscoe Parrish. I will always be grateful for his earlier time here when he erased the curse on the number 11. Thanks, Roscoe!

SABURZFAN
09-22-2009, 10:00 AM
I like the name Roscoe Parrish. I will always be grateful for his earlier time here when he erased the curse on the number 11. Thanks, Roscoe!

did he? he hasn't done anything great to reverse the curse.