PDA

View Full Version : Runyan VS. Walker?

HHURRICANE
09-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Why is their such a lovefest with Runyan. Walker knows our offense and played well at RT last year. Well enough that they wanted him to play Left Tackle.

Now he's not good enough to play RT? Where is the logic on this one?

What is the proof that Runyan is better?

ct bills fan
09-21-2009, 02:38 PM
Runyan's historical performance, plus the fact Walker was cut Because, (a) his performance sucked, (b) he somehow managed to gain weightt, (c) his lack of stamina isn't a good match for the no huddle. The Bills aren't going to say what they said and bring him back.

HHURRICANE
09-21-2009, 02:38 PM
Runyan is better because he hasn't played for the Bills yet?

Dr. Lecter
09-21-2009, 03:50 PM
Walker can't handle the no huddle and the pace that comes with it. And Runyan, through his career, has been better than Walker.

Mr. Pink
09-21-2009, 03:51 PM
But can Runyan handle the no huddle?

gil
09-21-2009, 04:01 PM
From what I read and heard around the intertubes, it wasn't only the no huddle - they wanted to move the tackles around and pull them on running plays more, which I think we've seen and they felt walker couldn't handle that.

For all you or anyone else knows, that could be BS, but one thing is certain, Runyan has played at a higher caliber than Walker for a lot longer - whether that makes him a better fit remains to be seen, but it is a logical reason for believing he's better than walker.

kelly2reed4six
09-21-2009, 04:07 PM
walker is flat out bad when we are running the no huddle. He lacks the stamina to keep up. He's not a bad tackle in a offense that huddle's up, but once the 3rd and 4th quarters rolled around he would be a huge liability on our line....especially in close games.

Michael82
09-21-2009, 04:30 PM
I prefer sticking with Jonathan Scott and getting a new backup.

patmoran2006
09-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Langston Walker is not being brought back..

alohabillsfan
09-21-2009, 07:45 PM
Did Tony Pashos get signed by anyone after getting cut by the jags

ddaryl
09-21-2009, 08:01 PM
I prefer sticking with Jonathan Scott and getting a new backup.

That can still be Runyan.. He won't be anywheres near game shape for a few weeks... so Scott wil stil be starting. Not to mention Runyan would need to learn the playbook

He is the best option out there and provides solid depth and a vet prescence

If Walker was a bad attitude, Runyan can provide some solid mentoring for this young OL that was probably missing while the Walker experment failed...

HHURRICANE
09-21-2009, 08:05 PM
That can still be Runyan.. He won't be anywheres near game shape for a few weeks... so Scott wil stil be starting. Not to mention Runyan would need to learn the playbook

He is the best option out there and provides solid depth and a vet prescence

If Walker was a bad attitude, Runyan can provide some solid mentoring for this young OL that was probably missing while the Walker experment failed...

Walker knows the playbook.

Lexwhat
09-21-2009, 08:22 PM

49ers

mysticsoto
09-21-2009, 09:19 PM

I cheerleaded us bringing him in and got crap from a few people here for it. He was picked up IMMEDIATELY!

jamze132
09-22-2009, 12:30 AM
Why is their such a lovefest with Runyan. Walker knows our offense and played well at RT last year. Well enough that they wanted him to play Left Tackle.

Now he's not good enough to play RT? Where is the logic on this one?

What is the proof that Runyan is better?
I thought you were smart enough to realize why Walker is a bad fit for RT in this offense...