PDA

View Full Version : Source: Bills are discussing Jon Runyan right NOW

patmoran2006
09-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Just spoke with someone, and Im not ready to post a story yet, because I dont want to potentially look like an idiot to thousands of people.

Its one thing to have you guys bash (often deserved), but masses in the thousands, I"ll pass.

So I am looking for better confirmation first.

However, I'm being told two things about the Bills OL situation.

1- They are discussing Runyan right now.
and
2- The Bills have absolutely no interest in bringing back Langston Walker. None

ddaryl
09-21-2009, 03:41 PM
posting it here is one thing placing it on your website woud be foolish until you have a 100% scoop

Mudflap1
09-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Just spoke with someone, and Im not ready to post a story yet, because I dont want to potentially look like an idiot to thousands of people.

Its one thing to have you guys bash (often deserved), but masses in the thousands, I"ll pass.

and

I don't think there is anything wrong with posting a blurb on your site with the caveat that it is a good source, but since there are just discussions, there isn't more to go off of than that. They might be discussing NOT to bring in Runyan.

Dozerdog
09-21-2009, 03:43 PM
Runyon better have something left in the tank or I'll be nicknaming him "Lori Jo"

patmoran2006
09-21-2009, 03:43 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with posting a blurb on your site with the caveat that it is a good source, but since there are just discussions, there isn't more to go off of than that. They might be discussing NOT to bring in Runyan.
Exactly why I dont want to post it just yet.

and I dont want to post anything with better confirmation.

ddaryl
09-21-2009, 03:44 PM
They might bring him in but it doesn't necessarily mean he;ll start. The Bills liek their young guys, and Scott looked good.

Plus he'll need some time to get into game shape.. His vet prescence will be appreciated IMO

homeslice5484
09-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Do you think Runyan is a good move or is there someone else out there you would want us to look at pat? Does whoever we sign even start next week not knowing the offense?

Jan Reimers
09-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Pat, you've been posting here for years, and have already done that - at least cumulatively - many times.

j/k

Mr. Pink
Pat, I feel the need to bash you...

What happened to Langston getting a contract by Friday? You said he would when we cut him!

Add Langstons name to a laundry list of crap, that without the Buffalo Bills, would have a much shorter NFL career.

homeslice5484
I wonder what other moves we are going to make, but we dont know the status of Shouman or McKelvin. Nelson says he is fine.

Any idea why Florence didnt play last week, he still hurting?

Dr. Lecter
09-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Runyon better have something left in the tank or I'll be nicknaming him "Lori Jo"

:rofl:

patmoran2006
09-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Do you think Runyan is a good move or is there someone else out there you would want us to look at pat? Does whoever we sign even start next week not knowing the offense?

yes.

This OL is predicated on "tough guys" and Runyan is a tough guy.

And he's better than Jonathan Scott. I'm not saying Scott is a scrub, but holding your own for one half against a weak defense doesnt (IMO) qualify you to start at OT in the NFL.

The last buffalo fan
09-21-2009, 03:49 PM

You are now in BIG trouble, Sir. :ill:

homeslice5484
09-21-2009, 03:51 PM
i trust u know these players more than I do pat. I agree id like a vet over at RT, but its also good knowing Scott can perform if needed.

I just wonder if a new signee could start next sunday not knowing the offense? I just hope if we sign Runyan he does not get re injured.

Should be an interesting week when we see what happens with the RT spot, Shouman and McKelvin and now Parrish. I would be VERY excited to see Stevie dress as the 4th receiver...Those 5 WR sets would be very interesting as well as the goal line sets with him out there.

Goobylal
09-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Even without a source, I could have told you that the Bills were discussing Runyan right now. They brought him in, after cutting Walker, meaning they like him better as an option.

But what I want to know is, what happened to make them sour on Walker so quickly?

Jan Reimers
09-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Even without a source, I could have told you that the Bills were discussing Runyan right now. They brought him in, after cutting Walker, meaning they like him better as an option.

But what I want to know is, what happened to make them sour on Walker so quickly?
I think he's fat and slow.

Goobylal
09-21-2009, 03:57 PM
It has to be something more than that.

Mudflap1
09-21-2009, 03:58 PM

I heard or read somewhere over the weekend (forget where) that Walker was perceived as a bad attitude in the locker room.

EDIT: It was in the Bills Digest I believe.

Michael82
09-21-2009, 03:59 PM
:lmao:

patmoran2006
09-21-2009, 04:00 PM
I've heard the same, Flap..

homeslice5484
09-21-2009, 04:00 PM
I dont think Walker could handle the no huddle...he always looked tired...and he was so big we couldnt do screens...

PECKERWOOD
09-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Big Runyan aka Paul Bunyon.

yordad
09-21-2009, 04:02 PM
OK, I guess the "Lori Jo" comment was funny, but I don't get it. :(

The Juice Is Loose
09-21-2009, 04:18 PM

you wouldn't understand hahah :zonelunch

yordad
09-21-2009, 04:25 PM
you wouldn't understand hahah :zonelunchAnd if you do, lets hear it. Otherwise, I think you are clueless. Well, I think you are either way actually.

mysticsoto
09-21-2009, 06:14 PM
yes.

This OL is predicated on "tough guys" and Runyan is a tough guy.

And he's better than Jonathan Scott. I'm not saying Scott is a scrub, but holding your own for one half against a weak defense doesnt (IMO) qualify you to start at OT in the NFL.

On Scott, is this your opinion? Or the opinion of the FO???

Dr. Pepper
09-21-2009, 06:30 PM

i dont get it either..... :doh:

Mad Bomber
09-21-2009, 06:37 PM
Just call him "honey".

Ground Chuck
09-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Sure they're talking about Runyon. They just got his expense report from his visit and they can't believe how much he ate.

ddaryl
09-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Big Runyan aka Paul Bunyon.

Just change that "R" to a "F" and now you have Funyan

WHo wouldn't want to have some Funyan on the OL... not to be confused with funions, a tasty snack but nasty burps

Goobylal
09-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Just change that "R" to a "F" and now you have Funyan

WHo wouldn't want to have some Funyan on the OL... not to be confused with funions, a tasty snack but nasty burps
Or Fundies, which are...

billsburgh
09-21-2009, 08:48 PM

and
does this mean the Bills are talking about Runyan within the Bills FO or are they discusssing a contract with Runyan and his agent?

Dying_-2-_Live
09-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Something needs to be done... and Runyan is the best option out there at this point

chernobylwraiths
09-21-2009, 08:56 PM
I remember a few years back people bashing the crap out of profootballtalk.com and now I constantly hear sports stations quoting them. Just saying, it doesn't seem too bad for some if you are wrong a lot as long as you are right once in a while.

clumping platelets
09-21-2009, 10:47 PM

:snicker:

Stewie
09-21-2009, 11:48 PM
Exactly why I dont want to post it just yet.

and I dont want to post anything with better confirmation.

do you want to grow your site or not?

you think mike florio cared 10 years ago?