PDA

View Full Version : Time to give credit where credit's due....

OpIv37
09-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Whitner FINALLY had a great game. He had the INT for a touchdown, the stop on the 4th down run, and 2 or 3 other really solid plays.

I'm not gonna let one game make up for the last 3 seasons, but he came to play yesterday and for the moment he deserves the credit. So, no Whitner bashing from me this week.

:bf1: Whitner.

Philagape
09-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Was it you who robbed his house?

Hemlepp53
09-21-2009, 08:36 PM
He did his thing. Very good game. I just hope he can keep it up. We need that type of play next week for sure.

billsburgh
09-21-2009, 08:41 PM
now he just needs to do that on a consistent basis.

OpIv37
09-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Was it you who robbed his house?

nah, I wouldn't waste my time on jewelry- I'd go straight for the electronics.

BidsJr
09-21-2009, 08:46 PM
nah, I wouldn't waste my time on jewelry- I'd go straight for the electronics.

That is logical.

400k in bling? Or 50k in 200lb LED's?...............

OpIv37
09-21-2009, 08:48 PM
That is logical.

400k in bling? Or 50k in 200lb LED's?...............

What year is this? Unless his TV is 103", it doesn't weigh 200 lbs.

Plus, in order to get the 400k, you have to pawn the jewelry, and then the cops can track you.

The King
09-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Bryan Scott played like a madman as well.

OpIv37
09-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Bryan Scott played like a madman as well.

that he did. And Kyle Williams. That's why we won this game- guys who are usually middle of the road players all showed up at the exact same time. If we could do that every week, this team might just be able to make the playoffs, but I need to see a lot more consistency before predicting playoffs.

DraftBoy
09-21-2009, 08:52 PM

Plus, in order to get the 400k, you have to pawn the jewelry, and then the cops can track you.

Come on you live in DC, it would take about 10 mins to pawn that stuff off with no records for cash.

OpIv37
09-21-2009, 08:54 PM
Come on you live in DC, it would take about 10 mins to pawn that stuff off with no records for cash.

true, but given the location of those particular pawn shops, I'd be lucky to make it inside without having them re-stolen.

BillsWin
09-21-2009, 08:57 PM
he is having his breakout year this year in my opinion. About time. But, I have always supported Donte. :idunno: I guess it just all clicked this offseason.

malo
09-21-2009, 08:58 PM
I love your optimism op, but I'm still skeptical. Tampa looked bad and are grossly overrated. New England doesn't seem to what they used to be. This has the makings of last year's 5-1 start all over again. We'll see this week against the Saints.

OpIv37
09-21-2009, 09:00 PM
I love your optimism op, but I'm still skeptical. Tampa looked bad and are grossly overrated. New England doesn't seem to what they used to be. This has the makings of last year's 5-1 start all over again. We'll see this week against the Saints.

absolutely- I'm not sold on this team just yet, but I have to admit they look a lot better than I thought they would at this point.

Also I'm a little freaked out because this may be the first time in history that anyone has ever used my name and the word "optimism" in the same sentence.

malo
09-21-2009, 09:02 PM
I don't know what Jauron does, be he gets the players to play hard. That's for sure. They were hyped at the start of the game. Almost too hyped. It was good to see.

OpIv37
09-21-2009, 09:07 PM
I don't know what Jauron does, be he gets the players to play hard. That's for sure. They were hyped at the start of the game. Almost too hyped. It was good to see.

yeah Jauron's always been a good Monday-Saturday coach. It's his gameday coaching that usually causes problems- but with the exception of some absent-minded timeouts against NE, he's been decent so far this year.

Jaybird
09-21-2009, 09:24 PM
big ups to d white

DraftBoy
09-21-2009, 09:33 PM
true, but given the location of those particular pawn shops, I'd be lucky to make it inside without having them re-stolen.

What the hell are you doing those MMA classes for then? Man up!

Pinkerton Security
09-21-2009, 09:38 PM
he is having his breakout year this year in my opinion. About time. But, I have always supported Donte. :idunno: I guess it just all clicked this offseason.

listening to the post-game conference, he kinda blamed the fact that hes been moved all over for him not having the "stats" or big plays...i didnt like that. However, it is somewhat true. He stated he hopes to make more plays like that now that he is a FS.

Meathead
09-22-2009, 12:48 AM
"I saw the quarterback, and he had some pressure on him. He wanted to get the ball out quick to the back because he had been hitting on those checkdowns all day when the pressure comes. I just wanted to make a jump on that football. I saw the ball, caught it and it felt good."

i like how he tries to make it sound like he made a great read. i mean, he gets credit for a great play but cmon, Leftwhiftch floated that ball right to him, whitner was just trying to close the gap to the outlet receiver and got lucky

but hey, ill take it. plays like that have been too few and far btwn for him so im not gonna pee in his wheaties

Dujek
09-22-2009, 03:58 AM
:bf1:

Whitner had a good game. He was pretty decent against the Pats too.

If he can keep it up for the rest of the season I'll be delighted, because he's shown that he does have the skills to make big plays.

shelby
09-22-2009, 04:24 AM
:bf1: Op!

psubills62
09-22-2009, 08:18 AM
absolutely- I'm not sold on this team just yet, but I have to admit they look a lot better than I thought they would at this point.

Also I'm a little freaked out because this may be the first time in history that anyone has ever used my name and the word "optimism" in the same sentence.

It's good to see this kind of thing from you, Op. Out of curiosity, what is your opinion of the OL? Do you think it really is the weakness it appeared to be to start the season?

Whitner had a good game. I'm really hoping that the defensive aggressiveness continues and helps our DB's. I find it absolutely amazing that in one game our safeties got 2 INT's, whereas they had 0 all last year. Something must be working.

PECKERWOOD
09-22-2009, 09:11 AM

You can have it melted down and sold in it's raw state. The guys who robbed him will probably do this, they probably won't get caught either.

OpIv37
09-22-2009, 06:56 PM
It's good to see this kind of thing from you, Op. Out of curiosity, what is your opinion of the OL? Do you think it really is the weakness it appeared to be to start the season?

Whitner had a good game. I'm really hoping that the defensive aggressiveness continues and helps our DB's. I find it absolutely amazing that in one game our safeties got 2 INT's, whereas they had 0 all last year. Something must be working.

So far, the interior OL has not bee the weakness I thought they'd be. I still expect Wood and Levitre to make some rookie mistakes at some point because hey- they're rookies- but these guys seem like they can hold their own. Even Scott did well filling in for Butler.

As far as Bell, he's struggling but seems to be improving with each game. I'm not thrilled but he's not a lost cause either.

I've said for a while that the OL is the key to this season. If they can keep playing at this level and even improve as they get some experience, then this team will exceed my dire predictions (which would be a very good thing).

It's only 2 games so I'm not sold yet, but the early results are promising.

OpIv37
09-22-2009, 06:57 PM
You can have it melted down and sold in it's raw state. The guys who robbed him will probably do this, they probably won't get caught either.

Good advice.

On a completely random and unrelated matter, does anyone know where I can get a REALLY REALLY hot blowtorch?

TigerJ
09-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Good luck and play making seem to feed off each other to a point. Good players get lucky, and players who get a few lucky breaks tend to get a lot more confident and start making more plays. So whether Whitner was good or lucky on that play, it's all good.

Cntrygal
09-23-2009, 09:33 AM

"Optimism Op".... your new nickname. :insane::boozer: