• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

I think we can beat the Saints.

I think it will all come down to the offense clicking and some consistent pressure on Brees.

I think the Bills are one of those teams that will have a few wins this year that they weren't supposed to. They will be one of those teams that has some explosiveness on offense, while keeping it balanced and they will play consistent defense with flashes of stoutness.

Maybe the New Orleans game is the one the Bills run away with.

We kicked the Pats asses for three and half quarters and should have won the game if not for one costly turnover.

We were clearly the better team in our second game.

Our run defense is crazy good and our pass rush seems to be gaining momentum since the preseason.

Color me crazy but I think if the Bills can attack the Saints through the air (28th in the league in pass defense.) I think we can hang with them to a certain extent.

Its our defense that will have to win this one. If we can hold them to 24 points or less, it is my opinion that we have a shot at moving to 2-1 with a chance at beating Miami and then Cleveland heading into a monster of a game versus the Jets.

This was one of the games I marked off as a loss in my season predictions, but after seeing how balanced and efficient the no-huddle has been (and it is still a work in progress), and after reading that Owens' confidence in the team and in Edwards is improving every day, and after seeing that we have a top ten rush defense through two games (both with not bad rushers) it seems like we have a small chance.

But Brees is a machine. We got to knock him down early and often and maybe jump a few routes. Take some risks and go for the interception.

I don't know, what do you guys think? Can the Bills beat the Saints in B-Lo?
    I am The Batman.
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: I think we can beat the Saints.

We have to play better than we did week one.
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

I will have to admit the Saints look WAAAAAY better than I thought they would be. Will be a very tough game. Any word on Leodis?

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsWin
        We have to play better than we did week one.
        I think the Bills will have to play better than they did in week two too. Everything clicked in the first and fourth quarters, but looked messy in the second. They started to recover in the third. I think they'll need four good quarters to bet the Saints. They need an efficient offense that has some long drives to go with some big plays. And they'll need to get more consistent pressure on Brees throughout the game.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• BillsWin
          man amongst boys
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
          I will have to admit the Saints look WAAAAAY better than I thought they would be. Will be a very tough game. Any word on Leodis?
          Its hush hush my friend. espn hasnt received a sniff of info. I can tell you that the Bills will be looking to make several roster moves within a few days.
          I am The Batman.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
            • Jul 2004

I think it will all come down to the offense clicking and some consistent pressure on Brees.

BillsWin... I am with ya Brother... We got this. Offense needs to be error free and we need to strech the field. The Pass Rush must be on Full Force.

Greg Williams is the D Cord. We all know what he is about. We got a shot and I think our D will step it up but Trent and Team will come through to keep the points close....

Defensive TD wins the game....
            @Hemlepp53

Comment

• BillsWin
              man amongst boys
              • Oct 2008

I did some research Thurm.

Apparently McKelvin's injury is still being evaluated by the training staff. Some of the pain is gone today, but they are still looking at it.

Jauron seems to think Wed. is when we find out more about McKelvin, Schouman and Nelson.

I doubt McKelvin is out more than a few weeks (if he even sits at all.), but with ankles you have got to be careful its real easy to land on a wobbly ankle wrong and hurt it even more.
              I am The Batman.

Comment

• Prov401
                President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                • Aug 2008

I think the Bills are one of those teams that will have a few wins this year that they weren't supposed to. They will be one of those teams that has some explosiveness on offense, while keeping it balanced and they will play consistent defense with flashes of stoutness.

Maybe the New Orleans game is the one the Bills run away with.

We kicked the Pats asses for three and half quarters and should have won the game if not for one costly turnover.

We were clearly the better team in our second game.

Our run defense is crazy good and our pass rush seems to be gaining momentum since the preseason.

Color me crazy but I think if the Bills can attack the Saints through the air (28th in the league in pass defense.) I think we can hang with them to a certain extent.

Its our defense that will have to win this one. If we can hold them to 24 points or less, it is my opinion that we have a shot at moving to 2-1 with a chance at beating Miami and then Cleveland heading into a monster of a game versus the Jets.

This was one of the games I marked off as a loss in my season predictions, but after seeing how balanced and efficient the no-huddle has been (and it is still a work in progress), and after reading that Owens' confidence in the team and in Edwards is improving every day, and after seeing that we have a top ten rush defense through two games (both with not bad rushers) it seems like we have a small chance.

But Brees is a machine. We got to knock him down early and often and maybe jump a few routes. Take some risks and go for the interception.

I think the Bills are very capable of winning this game. The Saint's D is bad. Buffalo needs to air it out a bit in this one. We MUST stop the Saints on 3rd downs. The Pats and Bucs were able to get a few key 3rd downs against us, that ended in scoring drives. I hate the way the Bills play their corners so far off, and I think it could hurt us big time in this game. I have confidence in Reggie Corner, if he is indeed called upon this weekend. I would love to see what Youboty could do, but Mckelvin hopefully can suit up.

To beat top QB's you absolutley have to get a pass rush. We need to blitz the Saints this weekend, early and often. If we can get them to punt at least 4 times, that is a win in my book. I have a feeling this game is going to look like a 38-34 type deal. People have to start talking about Buffalo being ranked in the tops on offense. IMO, Saints are number 1, but we are most surely in the top 10. Buffalo has aimed to stop the run first, and it should be no different in this game. Which means Brees will have 40 or more attempts. It kind of scares me to see what Leftwich did to us, as he isn't even a top 15 QB. Our CB's need to step up. I think Mcgee is having a so-so year, and isn't as great as people say he is. I love his tackling, but he plays too far off at times, and let's up big gains. One thing about our D is, we are doing one heck of a job on not allowing any YAC.

This should be a fun one. In order, this game relies on Buffalo's: D-Line, CB's, O-Line, Trent, Fred.
                Last edited by Prov401; 09-21-2009, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• kelly2reed4six
                  • Dec 2008

I think Red Zone efficiency is HUGE in this game. We went 0-4 in the redzone against the bucs and had to settle for field goals. We left 16 points on the field which cannot happen against a Drew Brees controlled offense! If we have better RZ efficiency we can def. win this game!

Comment

• BillsWin
                    man amongst boys
                    • Oct 2008

I like it. we have some BILLievers in the thread.
                    I am The Batman.

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                      • Oct 2002

The Saints aren't going to win all of their games.

Comment

• BillsWin
                        man amongst boys
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by jdbillsfan
                        The Saints aren't going to win all of their games.
                        I am The Batman.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

The Bills certainly CAN win the game, but New Orleans offense has been deadly so far and Brees has looked incredible. If we don't produce a solid consistent pass rush I dont know how we beat them. We have to get to Brees to win the game. New Orleans has the ability to put up 40 on us.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BillsWin
                            man amongst boys
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            The Bills certainly CAN win the game, but New Orleans offense has been deadly so far and Brees has looked incredible. If we don't produce a solid consistent pass rush I dont know how we beat them. We have to get to Brees to win the game. New Orleans has the ability to put up 40 on us.

I enjoy your input in my threads. Where were you all summer DB?
                            I am The Batman.

Comment

• Oaf
                              Do you read what you write?
                              • Jun 2007

It's gonna be an emotional game for Greer. My bet is that he shuts his side down for the better part of the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X