X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Daryl "Moose" Johnson

He was a really good announcer. He had in depth knowledge of the Bills, and really seemed to know his stuff. He came come back to B-lo and call a game anytime, IMO.

Anyone notice?
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad
  • Ground Chuck
    • Jul 2009

Re: Daryl "Moose" Johnson

I was surprised that we got that good a crew.

Nice observation on how Trent throws the deep ball differently to Evans and TO

Comment

• jimbohastle51
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Feb 2005

have to agree yordad. there was definitely a like bias in his announcing :) and it was a breathe of fresh air to have to be one of our fans and not the opponent for a change :)

Comment

• Jaybird
        • Dec 2005

great announcer and one hell of a player

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

ya he is one of my favorites.

On a side note though, I had a family member get inducted into the New York state High School sports hall of fame, and Moose was one of the inductees. i was pumped to be at the ceremony but he didnt show bc he was on family vacation. I was kinda surprised bc i thought it was a pretty nice honor. I was disappointed in him a little, but I still do like him, even though he was on the Cowgirls...

Comment

• BillsWin
            man amongst boys
            • Oct 2008

I liked Gruden too.
            I am The Batman.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
              Pinkerton's son
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by BillsWin
              I liked Gruden too.
              ya i really like the insight he has, being a coach...and a good one at that.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Moose is from Lewiston (near Niagara Falls). I didn't know that until he said it during the game.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  • May 2009

it's spelled johnston and he was actually from youngstown. went to school at lewiston-porter. his parents still live in youngstown.
                  Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 09-22-2009, 12:31 AM.

Comment

• Oaf
                    Do you read what you write?
                    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Ground Chuck
                    I was surprised that we got that good a crew.

Nice observation on how Trent throws the deep ball differently to Evans and TO
                    Anyone who watched the game could tell- although I feel it attributed more to coincidence than Edwards consciously throwing a bad ball to Evans and a good one to TO

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Oaf
                      Anyone who watched the game could tell- although I feel it attributed more to coincidence than Edwards consciously throwing a bad ball to Evans and a good one to TO
                      Maybe not coincidence or conscience. But maybe subconscience.
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

He was also a great player at Syracuse, and lead blocker for a whole lot of Emmit Smith's yards in Dallas.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

bottom line there is no way your our from our area and not a huge bills fan at heart. most of you probably all were raised as if it was second nature. we get up go to church on sunday then watch the bills. it was clockwork for about 20 years of my life. it is much more than just a football team to our area and there is no way that moose doesnt feel the same way. he knows more than most how much that team means to our area.

Comment

• EricStratton
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsWin
                            I liked Gruden too.

I liked Gruden in the first MNF game because he was new and had good stuff. Last night his act looked a bit rehashed.

I think in 6-8 weeks we will have seen all his material so many times he will just be another mediocre voice on the mike.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

Moose even said that the MNF game was particularly hard to swallow for himself. However, unlike the majority of colormen, he was trying to stay impartial and just talk about football facts instead of ESPN-ing it up and gloating about his favorites.

So regardless if he is from the buffalo area or not, he does a good job commenting on the game and avoiding biases that we see so much on ESPN when the Pats play (last game excluded)

As for that Evans/TO ball comment, maybe Evans is just much faster than Trent ever thinks. so he puts more arc on it thinking, "that should do it." Perhaps his brain thinks if he throws that non-moonball that there is no way evans would catch up to it. Yet time and again, Evans has to wait a second for the moonball. TO's speed is obviously slower than Evans and maybe that's easier for Trent to conceptualize.

I think if they practice it more and do it more, he might throw a pass that is well suited for Evans.

Comment

Working...
                              X