PDA

View Full Version : My two cents

Pinkerton Security
09-21-2009, 10:10 PM
:2cents:Cent number one:

Keith Ellison has been allllll over the field. I havent really been able to watch the games very in depth (was in a bar for one and was at the 2nd), but he has made big plays and always seems to be around the ball. I know its early but so far he has shown that he has made some strides for sure.

:2cents:Cent number two:

The biggest thing I wanted to see this year was Trent become a franchise QB, not necessarily someone who puts up Brees-like numbers but someone who (cliche alert!) manages the game and gives us a better-than-average chance at winning games. Through 2 games I feel that he has done a very good job. However, we have played the Bus, who lost their coordinator and are sort of a mess, and the Pats, who dont have solid players but not a real stellar D. I will obviously wait until the season is over to judge for myself whether I think we should keep him or go in another direction, but I am happy with his play so far.

Syderick
09-21-2009, 10:47 PM
Keith Ellison is tied with London Fletcher for 2nd in tackles.

Pinkerton Security
09-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Keith Ellison is tied with London Fletcher for 2nd in tackles.

I honestly thought he should have gotten cut this offseason, I hated him....against the Bus he was pressuring the QB a few times and i mistook him for Maybin...crazy how different he can be because I swear except for a couple games, whenever he started I would think back after the game and wonder, where the hell was ellison? couldnt remember even seeing the dude on the field. Now hes in on every play. Hes definitely playing much better, good to see.

Oaf
09-21-2009, 11:28 PM
I've stated about 6 or 7 or 8 times during the preseason and the 1st game how Ellison has had 10x the performance of Mitchell and even has edged out *gasp* Poz. :ontome:

The guy has been a bum last two years no doubt but he's have a Ashton-Youboty-in-2008 type of renaissance this year.

Goobylal
09-21-2009, 11:31 PM
This is Ellison's first year where he was named the starter from the beginning, not pressed into duty at the last second. Glad to see he's making the most of his chance.

Mr. Miyagi
09-21-2009, 11:39 PM
We still need a LB. Buggs is not the answer.

yordad
09-22-2009, 08:10 AM
Ellison has been shocking thus far. I have my doubts he will sustain it though. Can you blame me?

ddaryl
09-22-2009, 08:15 AM
It's good to see these players develope, because that is how you build a championship team.

having the patience to do so can prove to be troubling, and for most of us our patience were beyond thin

Jan Reimers
09-22-2009, 08:19 AM
We still need a LB. Buggs is not the answer.
Buggs has been groomed as our backup MLB, knows our personnel and system, and played well. Poz will be back in 5-6 weeks. Why replace a young, developing guy?