X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Enough with the Conditioning threads

Conditioning has NOTHING to do with knee injuries, or shoulder injuries. If guys were cramping up, or constantly pulling muscles, then I could see the argument. Blown knees and jammed shoulders, along with broken bones, have NOTHING to do with training/conditioning. Get a clue, morons.
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Re: Enough with the Conditioning threads

Know any good joint and bone exercises?
    Last edited by Romes; 09-22-2009, 06:45 AM.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• schubbard
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Romes
      Know any good bone exercises?
      Well, I thought that if you broke it once, it healed stronger, but it seems that isn't necessarily true when they put a plate in it...

I'm sure the team is relieved, though. It could make a really tough camp if they started breaking bones on purpose...

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

I brush my bones with fluoride. It's been working for me for years.
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
          Conditioning has NOTHING to do with knee injuries, or shoulder injuries. If guys were cramping up, or constantly pulling muscles, then I could see the argument. Blown knees and jammed shoulders, along with broken bones, have NOTHING to do with training/conditioning. Get a clue, morons.
          I was thinking the EXACT same thing when reading these conditioning threads.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral

what about a fat Andre Smith and a broken foot?
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Guys, I live in a family full of doctors. Two who are Bills fans have made the comment that where there is smoke there is fire.

Cleveland had a bunch of infections that were related just to their facility. It looked coincidental at first but obvioulsy a guy's career was ruined over it.

This all started when Rusty left. In addition, our medical staff hasn't exactly looked great between the Crowell incident and Poluszy being out for obvioulsy a plate that was too small.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

Ingenious!

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

whether its conditioning or something else, you do have to wonder why we get the injury year in year out.

One non conditioning thought i had is that we just lack the depth so when our starter who goes out gets replaced by someone really not up to the task. so its particularly noticable that they have left. Last year we lost edwards, and a putrid Losman comes in. This year, maybe it's different. Scott looked ok for a half granted he was going against the bucs D. Buggs seemed ok...He didn't get toasted in Poz's place. Corner looked ok (with the exception of giving up 3 feet to the WR) in Leodis' spot. Jackson is more than carrying Lynch's load.

But if we get a few more injuries and i'm looking squarely at the DL, i don't think we have the depth to make up for that.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Good God, are we the only team that gets injuries? Several teams already have more than one key player out for the season, and more on the doubtful and questionable lists.

Our injuries are no worse than most teams, and better than many.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus
                      whether its conditioning or something else, you do have to wonder why we get the injury year in year out.

One non conditioning thought i had is that we just lack the depth so when our starter who goes out gets replaced by someone really not up to the task. so its particularly noticable that they have left. Last year we lost edwards, and a putrid Losman comes in. This year, maybe it's different. Scott looked ok for a half granted he was going against the bucs D. Buggs seemed ok...He didn't get toasted in Poz's place. Corner looked ok (with the exception of giving up 3 feet to the WR) in Leodis' spot. Jackson is more than carrying Lynch's load.

But if we get a few more injuries and i'm looking squarely at the DL, i don't think we have the depth to make up for that.
                      Exactly. And conditioning isn't just working out. It's diet, nutrition, stretching, and host of other things.

If someone rolls up on your leg their isn't a whole lot you can do. But I've seen two guys with the same thing happen and one is out for a play and the other is gone for the season.

The Bills have a pattern developing. Maybe it's just bad luck. Same thing with Jauron, it's probably just bad luck.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

we aren't the only team to get injuries, but like i said, i don't think we have enough depth to make up for the guys who go out.

Look at the Pats the last few years. They got hit by the injury bug, but they are deep and they draft so well that they just plug and play people.

Again, i said, maybe this year is different. We have some injuries and the replacements have looked ok. But truth be known we just played two struggling teams. We're going to find out this week where we stack. If we can just be competitive that'll be a good sign.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                          Good God, are we the only team that gets injuries? Several teams already have more than one key player out for the season, and more on the doubtful and questionable lists.

Our injuries are no worse than most teams, and better than many.
                          i don't know but it seems like a couple years ago when we had all those guys out. there seems to be a rash of injuries for two games into the regular season. i know players are getting bigger and faster but i don't recall this many injuries year in and year out. it definitely raises a red flag.
                          Originally posted by yordad
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

Has anybody compared man games lost by the Bills to man games lost by other teams? Do we really know that it is greater for the Bills (save 2007) than it is for other teams?

Or is this all a big, huge pile of speculation with no real actual basis?
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              Has anybody compared man games lost by the Bills to man games lost by other teams? Do we really know that it is greater for the Bills (save 2007) than it is for other teams?

Or is this all a big, huge pile of speculation with no real actual basis?
                              Just going to post this.

Comment

Working...
                              X