PDA

View Full Version : Danion Sidney to take over for Winfield???

BADTHINGSMAN
05-25-2003, 10:38 PM
How possible is this? I dont know much about Sidney. He was a number 2 for the Titans I believe. Can he possible be Winfields replacement?? I sure hope not...

The_Philster
05-25-2003, 10:50 PM
:eek: You might have an idea there. I hope not though.

mypoorfriendme
05-26-2003, 03:41 AM
unless sydney has a break out season, theres no way hes going to fill in for winfield when and if he leaves. right now hes pushing for number 3 corner with thomas. after this season if winfield does leave, im going to bet we bring in one of the big name corners that will be in the free agency market

venis2k1
05-26-2003, 06:27 AM
The price for a good CB in next years FA market will be cheap(allowing us to tie up Winfeild at a decent price) for several reasons.

1. Charles Woodson, Champ Bailey, Troy Vincent, Bobby Taylor, Antoine Winfield, Ahmed Plummer, Fernando Bryant and Jason Webster are all in the last year of their contracts.

2. the 2004 draft class could also be stacked with good players, depending on whether several underclassmen enter the 2004 draft. Some of the potential first-round corners are Michigan's Marlin Jackson, Ohio State's Chris Gamble, Texas' Nathan Vasher, Oklahoma's Derrick Straight and Arkansas' Ahmad Carroll.

TigerJ
05-26-2003, 10:55 AM
Sydney is supposed to be a talented corner who got slammed by the injury bug and needs a fresh start. I think it's premature to think about whether or not he might be capable of replacing Winfield. Let's wait and see how he does in training camp and next season. CB is one position where it's quite feasible for a rookie to come in and start, even if he's not a first rounder. If it appears Winfield will not re-sign and there is no one on the roster who can step in an be a starter in his place in 2004, it doesn't mean we're in desperate straits for 2004.

mikemac2001
05-26-2003, 10:58 AM
ok this is what happens Bills win super bowl this year. Winfield wants another so he stays for Cheap then we win another one.

Lone Stranger
05-26-2003, 11:56 AM
If Winfield was smart he would sign as soon as possible considering the free agent situation next year.

wbat27
05-26-2003, 11:59 AM
with the money we have free next year and the amount of free agent cb's their is no way he will ever be more then 3 [injury]