PDA

View Full Version : Bills sign OL Meredith; Butler to I-R Freeman on PS

The Spaz
09-22-2009, 03:41 PM
Knowing Brad Butler's season was over after his knee injury suffered Sunday, the Bills made quick work of assessing the talent that was available signing OL Jamon Meredith off of Green Bay's practice squad.

Meredith (6'5", 305) was a fifth-round pick of the Packers this past spring and has experience playing both tackle and guard in his college career. The South Carolina product was a three-year starter for the Game****s playing both left and right tackle his first two years before moving inside to left guard as a senior.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Bills-sign-OL-Meredith-Butler-to-I-R/b5970ca6-10eb-4b7d-949c-3fa2cd201eaf

patmoran2006
09-22-2009, 03:44 PM
I like FREEMAN, I'm looking forward to meeting him tomorrow, hopefully

Dr. Lecter
09-22-2009, 03:44 PM
Damn shame they released Bowen though. He showed promise last year.

Pinkerton Security
09-22-2009, 03:45 PM

yeah that came as somewhat of a surprise to me.

The Spaz
09-22-2009, 03:48 PM

lol

T-Long
09-22-2009, 03:49 PM
Wow, we got Freeman too?? That is great news. He was a stud at Ohio State. I think a change of scenery will be good for him.

ddaryl
09-22-2009, 03:49 PM

I think his injury was the nail in the coffin and the Bills feel Freeman has a better chance of moving up. Bowen wasn't the same in training camp...

THATHURMANATOR
09-22-2009, 03:50 PM
Yeah Bowen didn't look that great in Pre Season. Why not give a guy with some talent and no injuries a look.

bigbub2352
09-22-2009, 03:54 PM
i think Bowen was media hype folks i didnt see much out of him this preseason, but i owuld have rather kept him on the PS as depth and ST and cut one of the useless WRs we have on there Hawthorne or Huggins
we do have 9 WRs right now under contract Evans TO Reed Johnson Parrish jenkins Hardy (PUP) hawthorne and huggins yet we are thin at LB OLine and Dline
i started threads about this last yr and the yr before Our roster mismangement is part of the problem why we are signing street FAs every year instead of properly developing depth on the PS
no need to have 9WRs
develops some pass rushers and cut useless ****ing Mace off it already how long we can hold on to him and huggins on the PS guys its been 2 yrs they arent good enough try someone else

Freeman is a great signign for us i loved him at OSU and thought we should have taken him in the 5th rd when we took Harris now i am doubly happy
get this kid on the active roster for ST alone cut corto

yordad
09-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Those WRs must contribute by providing the Bills with something there opponents have. For example, maybe Hawthorne can throw some, and the Bills have him line up as QB sometimes so the defense can see a scrambling QB.

Not saying that is specifically it, but I guess it is possible they provide the Bills with a look that others somehow don't, or aren't available to provide.

Other then that, I don't get it either.

DraftBoy
09-22-2009, 06:39 PM
I didnt like the Bowen pick when we made it and I can't say Im sorry to see him go. I like Freeman better, not by a ton but I do like him better.

Ground Chuck
09-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Swapping garbage cans.

yordad
09-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Swapping garbage cans.One is a rookie some draft experts had rated as high as the second round. I don't think anyone knows what he is capable of at this level.

patmoran2006
09-22-2009, 08:35 PM
One is a rookie some draft experts had rated as high as the second round. I don't think anyone knows what he is capable of at this level.

Well the Bears do, because they didnt even bother keeping Freeman around the PS.

Then again, maybe the Bears are just dumb

yordad
09-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Well the Bears do, because they didnt even bother keeping Freeman around the PS.

Then again, maybe the Bears are just dumbOK Pat. You don't know any more then I do what the Bears thought of Freeman. For all you know he may have humped a coaches daughter.

I think the word "rookie" escaped you on that one.

SABURZFAN
09-22-2009, 10:58 PM
:yawn:

:z: