PDA

View Full Version : Miller Exicted About Upcoming Olympic Challenge

patmoran2006
09-23-2009, 07:52 AM
http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/09/ryan-miller-excited-about-upcoming-olympic-challenge/

Typ0
09-25-2009, 07:32 AM
I'm so excited for the olympics this year myself.

trapezeus
09-25-2009, 11:28 AM
i hope lalime can be a consistent guy this year. with the workload lindy likes to dish out to miller and the playoffs, miller is going to be down to like 150 lbs by the playoffs. We need lalime to take about 20 games and win at least 12 of them.

RockStar36
09-25-2009, 11:56 AM
I'm excited for the Olympics, probably more than any other year, but nervous as well.

Nighthawk
09-25-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm not a big fan of Lalime and think the Sabres not upgrading that position might hurt us again this year. I just don't understand why an organization refuses to upgrade themselves at positions that continue to let this team down year after year?

RockStar36
09-25-2009, 12:33 PM
I'm not a big fan of Lalime and think the Sabres not upgrading that position might hurt us again this year. I just don't understand why an organization refuses to upgrade themselves at positions that continue to let this team down year after year?

He had one year left on his contact...so really they would've had to buy him out. That really isn't the Sabres business model.

Plus, and I have no way at all of knowing this, but he had surgery at the tail end of the season. Do we know if his hip injury affected his crappy play when we needed him? I don't and I'm not defending him, but this might have gone into the logic of keeping around for another season.

And before anybody accuses me of backing the Sabres all the time, I wanted Tellqvist (before he signed in the KHL) and them to buy out Lalime, so I'm not totally on board with this decision.

Nighthawk
09-26-2009, 09:47 AM
He had one year left on his contact...so really they would've had to buy him out. That really isn't the Sabres business model.

Plus, and I have no way at all of knowing this, but he had surgery at the tail end of the season. Do we know if his hip injury affected his crappy play when we needed him? I don't and I'm not defending him, but this might have gone into the logic of keeping around for another season.

And before anybody accuses me of backing the Sabres all the time, I wanted Tellqvist (before he signed in the KHL) and them to buy out Lalime, so I'm not totally on board with this decision.

No, I agree with what you've said. It doesn't make me happy, but I agree.