• Show
Clear All
  • The Juice Is Loose
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2009

Brees vs Tampa 2

12/11/08 at Chicago - 24/43, 2td, 2int, 67.2 rating
    11/30/08 at Tampa - 25/47, 2td, 3int, 60.2 rating

These are his last 2 road games vs. the Tampa 2.

I know that this isn't concrete, and he COULD come out on fire.

But the fact remains, crowd noise, deep shell, this makes me feel that we could frustrate Brees and if we can get 2+ int's, I just don't see how we can lose.

My 10-6 prediction says that we lose to the Saints, so by that theory alone this would be a huge win for the Bills, as it would have us ahead of my prediction. (I have us at 1-2 after this week)

Keep in mind that last year Tampa wasn't very good defensively, but they still managed to force Brees into a game like that and beat him.

Home field.

Tampa 2.

This is our game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Brees vs Tampa 2

I appreciate your enthusiam but we are not winning this game on Sunday.

Comment

• Demon
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
      Just like we had no chance in Boston?
      Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Feb 2009

ok slapnuts

Comment

• Billz_fan
          • Jan 2003

Juicy, And here I found myself wondering where you were yesterday, And here you are back today using lines from Jeff Jarrett.
          The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

Never say never, but I'm not predicting a Bills win.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
              • Feb 2005

It is possible to win. Our run defense has been very good and it will need to be once again. Fewell needs to dial up consistant pressure on Brees because if he gets comfortable he'll put on an aerial display. Not getting pressure is a concern of mine, as is our no-huddle offense spending too little time on the field, giving the ball back to Brees. Keeping Brees off the field is our best defense.

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

What makes you think the Saints can stop our offense?

They are not great against the run despite what the stats indicate and I dont see who will cover TO and Evans. Greer? Porter?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Demon
                  Just like we had no chance in Boston?
                  We beat the Pats!! Awesome!! So we are 2-0 and in first place.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Feb 2009

Well he posts that this is a game we can't win, but the Saints are hardly elite.

They were 8-8 last year, including being swept by Carolina, they lost to Minnesota, Atlanta, Washington, Denver, Tampa, and Chicago. Of those 7 teams, 3 made the playoffs!

We've beaten better teams in this stadium. San Diego from last year comes to mind. I'd take San Diego's offense over New Orleans, any day.

We held the Pats to 2 td's in Foxboro. Say what you want about the Pats, but I still consider that feet tougher than outscoring the Saints at home.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

the bills lost to a pats team that isn't exactly the same as its glory run. and we beat the bucs.

on the face of it, this team has all the showing of last year's 4-0 run. Keeping bad teams in the game for too long. Getting a win to mask the bigger issues.

However, this year our line is actually doing well. We are getting some pressure when we blitz and we are putting up points. Those are positives.

If those positives create a win on sunday, then the bills are doing something unique and positive. if they fold like a wallet on sunday, it's the same old bills, pulling the same old stunts.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi
                        What makes you think the Saints can stop our offense?

They are not great against the run despite what the stats indicate and I dont see who will cover TO and Evans. Greer? Porter?
                        As DMBCrew pointed out:

1) We have no pass rush against a guy that has 9 TDs and 2 picks in his first two games.

2) They've been able to run the ball in addition to their awesome passing game. They have had no problem controlling the clock.

3) Our TOP could be troublesome especially if we get off to a weak start. We could be out of this game by the end of the first quarter.

4) We have a backup at RT!!!!!!!! Read again.

Comment

• T-Long
                          Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                          • Sep 2003

In order for us to win, we really need to limit the no-huddle. Even though it has been successful the past two weeks, there is no way the time of possession can be that scewed towards N.O. Brees will find a way to kill us. Keep him off the field for as long as possible and we got a shot.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Feb 2009

All the realists just need to accept the fact that this team is improving and gaining confidence.

If we beat the Saints, its on to Miami and we get Beastmode back. I think we can really pick up steam and put together a good season and make the playoffs.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Feb 2009

As DMBCrew pointed out:

1) We have no pass rush against a guy that has 9 TDs and 2 picks in his first two games.

2) They've been able to run the ball in addition to their awesome passing game. They have had no problem controlling the clock.

3) Our TOP could be troublesome especially if we get off to a weak start. We could be out of this game by the end of the first quarter.

4) We have a backup at RT!!!!!!!! Read again.
                              both of their good running backs are questionable, meaning 50/50. so there goes' #2 as Bush can't run between the tackles at all, and our overall team defense matches up well with Bush.

also, what d ends do they have? other than recognizing their names from college and/or the starcaps scandal, what have they done? even our most negative poster, OP, said our backup T played great last week.
                              Last edited by The Juice Is Loose; 09-23-2009, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X