PDA

View Full Version : T.O.

patmoran2006
09-23-2009, 03:12 PM
Working on a peice that will hopefully be out tonight, but I had to say this. I expected T.O. to have a little more pep in his step today after a big touchdown on Sunday. Didn't happen.

he seems very subdued with the Bills. He also basically said his media policy will remain for the season. He wont be talking after games, instead he will be talking on WEdnesdays at his obligated press conference (good for me)

I'm not complaining or bashing the guy at all, Im all about T.O.-- Im just extremely surprised.

trapezeus
09-23-2009, 03:17 PM
the guy knows he's playing for one last contract. Perhaps he's assessed himself as being too emotional after a game. And that that is the time he gets himself in trouble with the press (crying for Romo, calling out mcnabb, etc). So for him, it might make sense for him to skip the post game and then chat on Wednesday with a level head. If that works for him and he keeps getting better, i'm all for it.

I think he trusts his football skills to get himself in position for a contract, but he knows his emotional side is the part that can ruin it for him. So he's taking precautions.

I'm big on TO just based on how teams have changed their looks to us and how there seems to be open spots on the field that never existed the last 3 years. I'd love to have him have a breakout game in OP and really work the fans up into a frenzied mess.

Thurmal
09-23-2009, 03:33 PM
I agree. It's almost like he knows that if he talks to the media, he will say something inflammatory. I think this is why he sits by himself on the bench when the defense is on the field, so he won't be tempted to go nuclear on Jauron or Edwards for only getting like four or five balls thrown his way a game.

Goobylal
09-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Why would you expect him to have "pep in his step" after his TD on Sunday? After the game, he admitted it wasn't one of his best, even with the TD, and he's used-to catching 10+ TD's a year. Plus with the way the media spins everything he says, these PC's are basically just sharks waiting for one red corpuscle, off of which they start a feeding frenzy. I don't blame him for only talking at the mandatory PC. Good for him, and good for the Bills.

But watch how the media will spin this now. Something like "TO losing his cool, really to blow any second now!"

BillsOwnAll
09-23-2009, 05:12 PM
I think him talking after a game is a bad idea. Its the best decision he made yet. He finally figured out he says things he doesn't truly mean in the "heat of the game".

Would you like someone asking you about your drops after your team just lost a game?

The worst part about this is ESPN would never say how this is good for him and good for the team. They just try to dig up every little thing and twist it around. They will never say anything good about his personality even it appears he changed it. (its still early to say in stone about that last line)

BillsRGreat
09-23-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm not a TO fan, but I've always regarded him as a misunderstood athlete (being from Eastern PA and seeing him with the Eagles.
The guy isn't nearly as bad as the media makes him out to be, but he does wear a big target on himself that just calls for this sorta drama B.S.

I had some respect for Mark Schlereth until seeing sportscenter thursday morning after week 1. TO didn't step out of line one bit with his weekly PC & said some things that were 100% true - (AVP agreed with him after this) - And MS got on his high horse damning TO to all ends of hell for throwing his team mates under the bus....

That kinda garbage is what is ruining society and creating drones of people who form opinions from the comments of people they see on TV. it's a microcosm for the decay of modern society, but it's now right at our doorsteps...

mybills
09-23-2009, 05:25 PM
I think he just grew up.

Mitchell55
09-23-2009, 05:39 PM
I think he realizes that the reason dallas released him was mainly media so hes trying to prevent that here.