PDA

View Full Version : I think we are jumping the gun with Jackson

Mitchell55
09-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Remember this is the 1st year that we have 2 great WRs so teams dont stack the box like last year. Lynch has never got this opportunity with the bills so stop saying that Jacksons looked better than Lynch has his whole career. Lynch has had 7-8 people crowding the line every time the ball is snapped unlike freddy this year.

BillsOwnAll
09-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Lynch should play the whole first half. Then bring in a completly fresh jackson in the 2nd half against a tired Def.

Dujek
09-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Lynch should play the whole first half. Then bring in a completly fresh jackson in the 2nd half against a tired Def.

Nah, switch it every week, then both guys get the chance to go against a tired D.

Seriously though, this could easily be one of the best RB tandems in the league when they both hit the field.

SeatownBillsFan21
09-23-2009, 05:34 PM
I agree mitchell I still am big on lynch and can't wait till week 4 for him to put up ungodly numbers.

trapezeus
09-23-2009, 07:16 PM
I'd do the opposite. Lyn h is a punishing runner and would just decimate a worn down d

X-Era
09-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Isnt this a great problem to have?

:idunno:

Syderick
09-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Thought the whole point was so team don't stack the box?

HAMMER
09-23-2009, 07:47 PM
The last four games Jackson has looked better than Lynch ever did, no question.

Demon
09-23-2009, 08:24 PM

Only if you have a guy who knows what he's doing. So far, Van Pelt has shown he knows exactly what he's doing. But, we won't really know until a few weeks go by and teams start to have tape on AVP....

Mad Bomber
09-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Remember this is the 1st year that we have 2 great WRs so teams dont stack the box like last year. Lynch has never got this opportunity with the bills so stop saying that Jacksons looked better than Lynch has his whole career. Lynch has had 7-8 people crowding the line every time the ball is snapped unlike freddy this year.
Nice problem to have.

Fred Jackson has had an INCREDIBLE start this year. To acknowledge that is not "jumping the gun"...it is recognizing and appreciating two great games.

YardRat
09-23-2009, 08:40 PM
We'll see soon enough how Lynch looks in this offense.

Looking forward to it.

mysticsoto
09-23-2009, 09:04 PM
Nice problem to have.

Fred Jackson has had an INCREDIBLE start this year. To acknowledge that is not "jumping the gun"...it is recognizing and appreciating two great games.

Except that there are now people actually believing we should trade Lynch b'cse of FJ's good start. That is definitely jumping the gun...or maybe its more like looking down the barrel while it's loaded.

Nighthawk
09-23-2009, 09:05 PM
We should all be happy that we have two quality RB's that add to the weapons on our offense...it's better then the alternative!

OpIv37
09-23-2009, 09:10 PM

who the hell cares if Jackson is better than Lynch? If Jackson turns out to be better, good- it means we have too great running backs. And it means that our FO hit a home run with a UDFA and finally showed some ability to evaluate talent.

TigerJ
09-23-2009, 09:38 PM
Comparing Lynch to this point in his career to Jackson this year is apples to oranges. Different offensive line, different OC. I love Jackson, but let's see what Lynch can do with the same person calling plays and the same personnel around him. That said, the two players are different. You don't want your RBs to be clones of each other, unless it's Adrian Peterson. Having different skill sets makes it easier to set up the defense. It's up to the Bills coaching staff to figure out how to use them, but I want to see both of them get plenty of touches and let defenses fret about how to defend them.

ddaryl
09-23-2009, 09:59 PM
We have a completely different OL, and differnt OC and the added benefit of TO

I think Lynch will do Bills fans proud (on the field anyways) when he get his chances. Fredie should start an get the majority of touches while Lynch get into game shape, but I expect Lynch to do some good things.

Add in the fact that these 2 guys seem to enjoy playing on the same team and sharing the load, Bills fans would be foolish to break up this tandem and play a favorite

Thurmal
09-23-2009, 10:10 PM
I like Jackon catches passes in the open field, and I prefer Lynch down around the goalline.

Why not play them both equally? It'll keep defenses on their toes and lengthen both of their careers.

trapezeus
09-23-2009, 10:30 PM
it'll be interesting when lynch is back to see him run in the AVP offense. What do we do if lynch runs for 200 yards? then what?

i get teh sense that jackson and lynch like and respect each other's talents. it's an issue we're makinga big deal out but i don't get the sense that the players will have issues.

ML is a team player if nothing else. remember him trash talking brady quinn last year. he runs out for defensive stops. he scores touchdowns and acts like he's been there before. off the field, the guy has issues, on the field, i expect him to do what is best for the team.

X-Era
09-24-2009, 06:24 AM

Personally, Im open to letting the best man win the starting job.

Jackson brings versatility that is opening up our offense.

I have always been a huge Lynch fan but if Jackson is going to be more productive, he should start.

As I said, they are both really talented so this is a great problem to have.

Buckets
09-24-2009, 06:28 AM
Jackson was better last year but didn't get a chance to show it.

mybills
09-24-2009, 06:58 AM
Why not play them both equally? It'll keep defenses on their toes and lengthen both of their careers.
They will, and that's why. :up: This is only an issue on a message board. :chuckle:

Meathead
09-24-2009, 07:04 AM
this one is super easy:

play beast in predominently running plays

play fjack in predominently passing plays

mix them up enough so that defenses cant predict which is which (run or pass)

enjoy

Mahdi
09-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Jackson actually has holes to run through this year. Lynch was consistently creating his own or just dragging guys all over the field to make his yards.

I still think Lynch has a couple of things he is better at than Freddy J.

One, is his juking ability, and two is his stiff arm and yards after contact.

Fred can definitely break tackles, but when it comes to just dragging folk, Lynch is better.

mikemac2001
09-24-2009, 10:28 AM
This is a stupid question

Use them both either at same time or after a few rushes 100% lynch is better then 80% jackson and vice versa

justasportsfan
09-24-2009, 10:49 AM
It's not fair to say that Jackson is simply better than Lynch at this point.

Jackson definitely benefits from the style of offense we're running. Our OL players are pulling, we're running screens and play action. Things we hardly ran last year. Whether Lynch can or cannot do better will be known once he starts playing. I think it's just stupid to start calling for him to be traded. We don't even know if Jackson can play the way he's played the entire season will all the beating he's taking.

I wonder if AVP is going to make Lynch throw the ball since he is able. I think we have the Ol and the players to run those trick plays that Mularkey wanted to run.

Ebenezer
09-24-2009, 10:52 AM

post of the day.

colin
09-24-2009, 11:02 AM
if you put blockers in front of lynch and have him on a screen or on a sweep he can break a db tackle and go all the way. i think lynch will prove to be the better back, but both are great assets.

justasportsfan
09-24-2009, 11:04 AM

it's actually not a problem but some people want it to be. Drama.

trapezeus
09-24-2009, 01:16 PM
last year, i thought jackson was the better back because the holes were non existant and jackson seems to get small and get through while Lynch prefers to run guys over. So lynch makes initial contact and had a gang of tacklers jumping on.

this year jackson looked great with sealed off blocks on sweeps and such. We'll see what lynch does. If his initial contact comes against DB's and such as opposed to DL's, i suspect he has some long runs in him.

I think if the line blocks like it has, it really doesn't matter who is back there between the two of them. And if they are cool splitting 50 50, i'd probably run them in spurts and then run a couple plays with both of them out at the same time. if it becomes a matter of running the clock, i'd go with lynch and let him pound the team into submission.

I'm actually really interested to see the bills once lynch is back. i can envision the bills havinga 300+ rushing day with these two.

Beastie Bills
09-24-2009, 01:29 PM

GREAT point, but the Lynch haters will never listen.

Which really ticks me off, because I love Freddy Jackson. He's one of my top 3 favorite players on the team. But Lynch is the better back.

Beastie Bills
09-24-2009, 01:33 PM
The real wild-card in this situation is this. When Lynch comes back, teams will probably go right back to stacking the box. If they do, it's up to Trent to exploit this, and find either T.O. or Lee, who would both be single-covered.

justasportsfan
09-24-2009, 01:41 PM
The real wild-card in this situation is this. When Lynch comes back, teams will probably go right back to stacking the box. If they do, it's up to Trent to exploit this, and find either T.O. or Lee, who would both be single-covered.
the saints may very well do that this sunday just so that the bills don't control the clock and give their O a chance to get the ball.

PECKERWOOD
09-24-2009, 02:07 PM
Fred has better vision, hits the holes quicker, uses his blockers more and is a better reciever.

Lynch punishes the defense, rarely will be tackled by one defender, never fumbles the ball and an ideal workhorse.

sqad5
09-24-2009, 02:12 PM
I can't wait for lynch to get some screen plays he is gonna shred peoples ankles lol

thenry20
09-24-2009, 02:22 PM

You also forgot to mention that we didn't have outside help for Evans and that past lines were ****ing horrible! I'd love to see what Thurman could've done with ****ty line play like that. I bet he'd start yelling and getting in their faces.

mybills
09-24-2009, 02:47 PM
If OJ had last years line, he wouldn't be....oh never mind.

Beastie Bills
09-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Fred has better vision, hits the holes quicker, uses his blockers more and is a better reciever.

Lynch punishes the defense, rarely will be tackled by one defender, never fumbles the ball and an ideal workhorse.
I agree with most of your post, but I have to take issue with the "better vision" and "hits the holes quicker" comments. I keep seeing posters say this, but I don't get it. Lynch is getting hit in the backfield on most plays. He usually does a good job of breaking the tackle, and then attempts to get upfield for positive yards. OF COURSE FRED HITS THE HOLE FASTER! He's able to get to the line with a head-of-steam built up. This ties in directly with the "vision" comment. If you're getting hit in the backfield, you usually don't have much time to view the field and decide in which direction to cut.

Boomstick
09-24-2009, 03:06 PM
I just don't get what there is to complain about... I freakin' love that we have two backs that 75% of the league wish they had either. Too bad for them we have them BOTH.

trapezeus
09-24-2009, 03:07 PM
if you look at college clips of marshawn, when he's in open space he jukes people pretty hard. i think when he doesn't see open space he just chooses to barrel into people and carry the pack. i think we might see a very explosive ML vs. the dolphins.

i can't imagine him taking too kindly to being out for 3 weeks. i think he wants that ball and i think he wants to prove that he's just as much needed as Jackson.

I think that dolphins game is going to feature trent and chad in a pair of shorts with no shoulder pads just handing the ball off the entire time wearing down the other team's defense.

djjimkelly
09-24-2009, 03:59 PM

ridiculous lynch has made runs here jackson couldnt dream of

jackson is great but hes not lynch

raphael120
09-24-2009, 04:09 PM

VERY good point...it'll be interesting to see how well Lynch plays. I'm gonna cream my pants when I see what we can do with both Lynch and Jackson in the backfield with T.O., Evans, Nelson, and Reed in.