PDA

View Full Version : Who Turned Off The T.O. ?

patmoran2006
09-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Terrell Owens is mad … or at least I think he is.

He’s not mad at you. To my knowledge, he’s not mad at me either. Other than ESPN, I don’t think he’s generally mad at the media. He’s certainly not irate at his teammates or the fans. In fact, he regularly describes the Buffalo fans as “fantastic.”

But something is altered when it comes to Terrell Owens. READ MORE (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/09/who-turned-off-the-t-o/)

cocamide
09-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Maybe those two chicks from the TO Show are keeping him in check so he doesn't say anything that will cause problems when he tries to get his next (and probably last) contract.

Also, Pat. "The vast majority of Bills fans could care less what the media thinks." It's "The vast majority of Bills fans couldn't care less what the media thinks."

Scumbag College
09-23-2009, 08:01 PM
I think TO has just matured. People get older and acting outrageous all of the time just gets old. He looked excited as hell when he scored that touchdown on Sunday, and I think the crowd just exploded when he made his first big play with the Bills and he reacted. I think at 35 years old the urge to be crazy and outspoken just for the sake of being crazy and outspoken fades.

patmoran2006
09-23-2009, 08:16 PM
I dont want him to turn into an a-hole, I just feel like he's almost sleepwalking right now.

It was very weird today. HOnestly, if I didnt know better and someone told me he was on here on a minimum security work release program I'd believe them

Demon
09-23-2009, 08:20 PM
I dont want him to turn into an a-hole, I just feel like he's almost sleepwalking right now.

It was very weird today. HOnestly, if I didnt know better and someone told me he was on here on a minimum security work release program I'd believe them

What makes him an a-hole? Not giving the media juicy quotes? I don't care if he speaks after games. Atleast he's consistent about it. If he didn't talk after losses but talked after wins, i'd be disappointed. He speaks on Wed. I am not sure what the problem is? He's being a mature TO and just because he's giving actual awsners doesn't make him an a-hole IMO.

TacklingDummy
09-23-2009, 08:22 PM
It's obvious that he's keeping his mouth shut so he can get a bigger pay day next year.

Demon
09-23-2009, 08:26 PM
It's obvious that he's keeping his mouth shut so he can get a bigger pay day next year.

I doubt it. I just think he's realized his days of stardom are over with and like a poster above said, acting like a jackass got old. He's 35 years old and he's realizing he's now only a minor part of a team trying to win football games. I bet he re-signs with Buffalo and retires as a Bill. I don't think this is a ploy at all.

Joe Fo Sho
09-23-2009, 08:28 PM
He's really starting to piss me off. He is too friggin quiet. I wanted to jump through the TV when I saw him on MNF stroll off the field after a bad offensive drive and sit on the bench by himself. I don't want to see that. I wanted 100% T.O. from the years past, not this politically correct garbage. The guy needs to scream at someone.

Joe Fo Sho
09-23-2009, 08:30 PM
I doubt it. I just think he's realized his days of stardom are over with and like a poster above said, acting like a jackass got old. He's 35 years old and he's realizing he's now only a minor part of a team trying to win football games. I bet he re-signs with Buffalo and retires as a Bill. I don't think this is a ploy at all.

That is some of the most wishful thinking I've ever heard. TO's days of stardom won't be over until 15 years after he retires from the game of football. The guy seems like he's trying to be more like Randy Moss, and I hate that guy.

Nighthawk
09-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Umm, why should anybody be surprised? He's taking on the personality of his Head Coach...

SABURZFAN
09-23-2009, 08:58 PM
The Popcorn seemed a little irritated too when he was in earlier.

trapezeus
09-23-2009, 10:27 PM
maybe dick jauron rubbed off on him...this is his post dick jauron interview style

Mr. Pink
09-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Instead of being an idiot in interviews, he's doing it on twitter now.

No worries!

Oaf
09-23-2009, 11:08 PM
He's really starting to piss me off. He is too friggin quiet. I wanted to jump through the TV when I saw him on MNF stroll off the field after a bad offensive drive and sit on the bench by himself. I don't want to see that. I wanted 100% T.O. from the years past, not this politically correct garbage. The guy needs to scream at someone.
Is this serious?

Coach Sal
09-24-2009, 06:27 AM
I think fans and media alike read way too much into athlete's body language, answers, and demeanors when it comes to interviews and press conferences.

They are human beings just like everyone else.

They have good days and they have bad days.

They have positive and negative reactions to people they work with and people they work around. Just like all of us.

They have sometimes feel like talking, and give great quotes, and they sometimes don't want to be there and just stay as PC as can be in order to get out of there and do whatever it is they do away from their place of work.

T.O. is a little different because he's a usually very vocal, so when he shuts down, it's news.

But if you watched any of the "T.O. Show," or really just paid attention to him in Philly and/or Dallas, you'd have more of an "appreciation" (probably a bad word, but you get the point) for how his moods swing so quickly. Add that to the fact that he generally has no filter when he IS talkative, and it makes his "shut downs" even that much more notable.

mybills
09-24-2009, 06:43 AM
I couldn't care less. It has nothing to do with his abilities as a player.