Why the Saints scare me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prov401
    President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
    • Aug 2008

Why the Saints scare me

Aside from the obvious reason (Brees), I've been researching this team throughout the day. I'm not much impressed with their defense, but their offense is explosive.

Brees, Shockey, Colston, Henderson, Meachem, and Bush. That's dangerous. What's even more dangerous is Jabari Greer, former CB for the Buffalo Bills, including the most recent year (2008), has been meeting with head coach Sean Payton frequently throughout the week. Let's face it, this Defense hasn't changed at all. Jabari knows the ins and outs of our Defense, and is going to relay everything to Payton, Brees, and their offense. Aside from blitzing more, our Cover 2 'play the CB's 10 yards off the WR's' defense is the same it's been when Greer was on the team.

I'm not so much worried about Greer giving up anything on our offense, as we are deffinitley different than last year's on that side of the ball. Two legit number ones, a stout line, a shifty back, a no-huddle, and a new coordinator. I totally forgot about Greer being with the Saints. Once I found out, I knew we were in for it. We need to keep the ball out of Brees' hand, and blitz the living **** out of him when he is on the field. Our CB's need to hit hard, and do what they've been doing thus far, which is not allowing any YAC. I think we fight fire with fire in this game. Someone pointed out in another post that Brees hasn't faired well recentley against the Cover 2. I'm convinced if we win this game, it's going to be in a shoot-out.

Keys on O: No turnovers. Solid protection (O-Line). Good decision making (Trent). Run Freddy run. And go deep at least 3-5 times.

Keys on D: Pressure, pressure, pressure. Great tackling, no YAC!. Stop the screen. Don't let Shockey come underneath.

We can't afford to hear Brian Moorman's name this week. And we Can't afford anything but extra points from Lindell. So the only thing I want from our special teams is good field position, and taking care of the ball.

38-34, the good guys.
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: Why the Saints scare me

I think the Bills will surprise some people.
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• Prov401
      President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by BillsWin
      I hope they do.

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

The generous seams in the Bills' D are tailor-made for Colston and Shockey, and Bush will have the flat to himself all day (remember what Faulk did two weeks ago).
        The only way to defend them is keep them off the field.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

Is our defense really playing the same as last year? I don't think there's much Greer can say. Besides, Brees doesn't need tips from anyone on how to read a defense.
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

This game will definitely be about our D...

and it will be big test of Fewell who's D's and gameplans have matched up woefully with good O's

Comment

• Pigskin Gumbeaux
              • Sep 2009

Saints 38
              Bills 17

Brees will toss 4 TD passes and throw for 350 plus.

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsWin
                color me conditioned but this doesnt make me feel better
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

Nothing is new under the sun, it all comes down to execution at the end of the day. There really isn't much Greer could tell Payton about the Bills that the rest of the NFL doesn't already know. It's going to come down to who makes more plays.

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

I think if Fewell plays his same BS gameplan he has played the last 3 years and Brees throws for 400+, he should be fired during the post game presser.

Comment

Working...
                    X