X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crusse10
    • Jun 2007

Trent Edwards

OK Bills fans. I could use a little help for my fantasy team...

In my draft, I picked up Edwards in a late round, just as a backup to Aaron Rodgers. My question for you is this. Should I ever start him (other than Rodgers having an off week)?

I originally took him for the sole reason that T.O. is in Buffalo. Lo and behold, he's done well despite T.O. being T.O. Will he ever be a legit #1 this season, or do you all consider him to be a fantasy risk?
    V-O-L-S
    Go Vols Go

• Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Re: Trent Edwards

If there is ever a time to start him it's this week.

Comment

• crusse10
      • Jun 2007

I think so too, but I mean the Packers have the Rams this week. I just can't make the call.
      You know the feeling when you have a guy on your team who's also on your NFL team? You just hate having to sit your guy, especially when he's got a feast in front of him (leg of ram, so to speak).
      I know he'll put up numbers, I just can't decide who puts up more. The Eagles couldn't do it to the Saints, and that scares me about Edwards' chances.
      V-O-L-S
      Go Vols Go

Comment

• Buffalogic
        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
        • Feb 2006

Gotta go with anyone playing the rams. Start Rodgers.

I have Hasselbeck (hurt) and Palmer (vs pit), so I picked up Trent and going to give him the start this week.

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

Start Rodgers.
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

Yeah, I'd go with Rodgers. At this point, I'd wait and see if Edwards can consistently produce the numbers before starting him.
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• JD
              Sabres Zone
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by crusse10
              OK Bills fans. I could use a little help for my fantasy team...

In my draft, I picked up Edwards in a late round, just as a backup to Aaron Rodgers. My question for you is this. Should I ever start him (other than Rodgers having an off week)?

I originally took him for the sole reason that T.O. is in Buffalo. Lo and behold, he's done well despite T.O. being T.O. Will he ever be a legit #1 this season, or do you all consider him to be a fantasy risk?
              Trent Edwards is rated #4 out of all the QB's in fantasy.

So yes, start him.. especially against bad pass defenses like NO.

I started him last week over Peyton Manning and it worked out beautifully!
              “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• JD
                Sabres Zone
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Wagon Circler 22
                Gotta go with anyone playing the rams. Start Rodgers.

I have Hasselbeck (hurt) and Palmer (vs pit), so I picked up Trent and going to give him the start this week.
                He was available? Are you playing with a bunch of newbies? Trent has been killin it these past two weeks!
                “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

Edwards vs. Saints and Rodgers vs. Rams .... who do you think is going to throw more? Garbage time is great for fantasy.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

Also depends...can you play a flex player? The one league I'm in allows any flex player. If I were you in that situation, I'd play both...but I'm guessing you can't.
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Buffalo players are fantasy poison. Don't do it.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                        Pinkerton's son
                        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                        Trent Edwards is rated #4 out of all the QB's in fantasy.

So yes, start him.. especially against bad pass defenses like NO.

I started him last week over Peyton Manning and it worked out beautifully!
                        Uhhh peyton put up over 300 and had 2 TDs? Trent had 230, 2 tds and 1 int...

i hope you were joking when you said it worked out beautifully.

and no i wouldnt start him over Rodgers, the Rams pass defense is horrid.

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by pinkdogg32

I was confused by that. But maybe by saying "last week" he meant Week 1?
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• JD
                            Sabres Zone
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by pinkdogg32

Peyton had 2.2 more points than Trent did. In choosing Peyton or Trent, who would have went with Trent? So yes, it worked out beautifully as I didn't kick myself in the ass later on.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                              Pinkerton's son
                              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                              Peyton had 2.2 more points than Trent did. In choosing Peyton or Trent, who would have went with Trent? So yes, it worked out beautifully as I didn't kick myself in the ass later on.
                              uhh...ok?

Comment

Working...
                              X