PDA

View Full Version : Looks like T.O. isn't the only WR to complain about not getting the ball...

psubills62
09-24-2009, 09:07 AM
Roy Williams admitted he was frustrated with his lack of involvement in Week 2.

Williams was targeted just four times and had one catch for 18 yards. He was careful not to criticize Tony Romo, but said he was open on the sideline a few times and his quarterback didn't see him. Outside of one 66-yard touchdown in Week 1, Williams has three catches for 38 yards on the season. It's feeling a little too much like last season.

Hm, so are you happy now Romo? I have to wonder if ESPN will say that this is going to tear the Cowboys apart, because I believe T.O. made similar comments (about missed opportunities) except much more subdued and he got ripped for it.

Jan Reimers
09-24-2009, 09:11 AM
I'm beginning to think Romo is the real problem in Dallas.

He's one of the most overrated QB's in the NFL.

mybills
09-24-2009, 09:12 AM
He IS the problem, Jan.

trapezeus
09-24-2009, 09:12 AM
this is truly a tragic story for the cowboys. I feel so bad for them.

And by bad i mean i simply don't care and take pleasure in the irony that Jerry jones meddling may very well have them missing the playoffs again.

although to be honest, i want them to go to the playoffs and lose another bizarre heartbreaker. Maybe in the exact same fashion that we lost that Monday night game to them. and then in his luxury box have a cut away shot of me dancing in my apartment.

mybills
09-24-2009, 09:13 AM
:rofl:

thenry20
09-24-2009, 02:49 PM
Dallas doesn't have any WR's of note to take the coverage away from Williams with TO gone.

Dr. Pepper
09-24-2009, 02:57 PM
there are no words to describe just how much i hate the cowboys. the only other thing in the world that can conjure up such rage in me is the philthadelphia flyers.

ParanoidAndroid
09-24-2009, 03:16 PM
Dallas doesn't have any WR's of note to take the coverage away from Williams with TO gone.

I'd like to note that Crayton had 4 catches for 135 yards and a score in week one.

DynaPaul
09-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Gomer Pyle isn't living up to expectations. Oh well...

tampabay25690
09-24-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm beginning to think Romo is the real problem in Dallas.

He's one of the most overrated QB's in the NFL.

This might be 1 of the 1st times I ever agree with you...

I agree 150%%%%
HE IS the most overrated QB in history

SABURZFAN
09-24-2009, 09:25 PM
what rhymes with Romo?

The King
09-24-2009, 09:34 PM
Dallas doesn't have any WR's of note to take the coverage away from Williams with TO gone.What was Williams excuse for sucking last year?

psubills62
09-24-2009, 09:40 PM
What was Williams excuse for sucking last year?

I think I heard various things like: he was traded mid-season, wasn't use to the offensive system, not seeing as many targets as he needs to make plays, etc.

Oaf
09-24-2009, 09:51 PM
I would still take him over 20 other starters but yeah, I hate him.

billsTOfan
09-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Romo choke in every big game.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-25-2009, 01:04 AM
I actually heard a commentator (ESPN or NFLNetwork-I wasn't paying close enough attention to recall who it was) say on the air that he doesn't think that Romo is a superstar. He said that Romo has never had to earn "superstar status" and that he simply hasn't done enough to have earned it.

That was the first time that I ever heard any commentator on any of the main sports networks question whether Romo should be considered a superstar. It is the first time that I have ever heard one point out that Romo was handed "superstar status" without ever having had to earn it, like virtually every other QB in the NFL.

And, it is all because he has been the starting QB in Dallas. And, Jerry Jones goes out of his way to promote his players as much as he can in the media--and he has enough of the media, like ESPN, in his pocket to be able to do it.

The media excuse their fawning over the Cowboys by saying that there are a lot of fans who are interested in them because they are "America's Team". But, they haven't been "America's Team" for a long time now--more like the team that America loves to hate--and they haven't won any titles in a long time either (and they aren't about to win one this year, either).

I used to like the Cowboys back in the days of Meridith, Perkins, Garrison, Hayes, etc., but ever since they decided that they were "America's Team" (I never voted for them), I have come to absolutely despise them. And, I can say a lot about Jerry Jones, but I won't.

SeatownBillsFan21
09-25-2009, 01:08 AM
How could ANY Bills fan like the Cowboys????Past present or future???

don137
09-25-2009, 06:49 AM
Personally I hope the Cowboys dont make the playoffs because that means Romo could not get it done in the regular season. It also means less revenue for Jerry Jones such as playoff revenue, merchandise sales because they made they playoffs, etc. Also, the less of the Cowboys in the public eye is a good thing.

Dujek
09-25-2009, 07:49 AM
Romo misses reads, overthrows receivers, has an amazing ability to pick out DBs in crunch situations and occasionally makes a spectacular throw down the sideline that goes for a long TD.

Much like someone who got run out of Buffalo in the off-season.

The only difference is he's the QB in Dallas and has copped off with Jessica Simpson.

ChristopherWalken
09-25-2009, 11:27 AM
I actually heard a commentator (ESPN or NFLNetwork-I wasn't paying close enough attention to recall who it was) say on the air that he doesn't think that Romo is a superstar. He said that Romo has never had to earn "superstar status" and that he simply hasn't done enough to have earned it.

That was the first time that I ever heard any commentator on any of the main sports networks question whether Romo should be considered a superstar. It is the first time that I have ever heard one point out that Romo was handed "superstar status" without ever having had to earn it, like virtually every other QB in the NFL.

And, it is all because he has been the starting QB in Dallas. And, Jerry Jones goes out of his way to promote his players as much as he can in the media--and he has enough of the media, like ESPN, in his pocket to be able to do it.

The media excuse their fawning over the Cowboys by saying that there are a lot of fans who are interested in them because they are "America's Team". But, they haven't been "America's Team" for a long time now--more like the team that America loves to hate--and they haven't won any titles in a long time either (and they aren't about to win one this year, either).

I used to like the Cowboys back in the days of Meridith, Perkins, Garrison, Hayes, etc., but ever since they decided that they were "America's Team" (I never voted for them), I have come to absolutely despise them. And, I can say a lot about Jerry Jones, but I won't.

I believe that was Tony Dorsett, former dallas Cowboy.

ChristopherWalken
09-25-2009, 11:27 AM
If Romo fails to produce the remainder of this season, does Jerry Jones give Wade and Tony the table cloth?

psubills62
09-25-2009, 12:49 PM
If Romo fails to produce the remainder of this season, does Jerry Jones give Wade and Tony the table cloth?

Wade, yes...Romo, no. I think Jones would be much more apt to dump Wade and get another coach, but keep Romo at the helm. They'll probably try and get another WR to help Romo out in the offseason.

Goobylal
09-25-2009, 02:49 PM
I believe that was Tony Dorsett, former dallas Cowboy.
Yes it was. And Aikman and Emmitt Smith have bashed Romo as well.