• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Give it up for Fitzy and Hamdan

I have probably seen this at least 5 or 6 times this season. All three quarterbacks talking it out on the sidelines or during timeouts. It's certainly helping Trent develop and it is great to see.

I think having a backup who is comfortable with that role and supports the starter is something we have been missing for an awfully long time.

Flutie vs. Johnson
    Bledsoe vs Losman
    Losman vs Holcomb
    Edwards vs. Losman

It has been 10 years since we had a solid situation in place.

I think Fitzpatrick deserves a good amount of kudo's!
    Last edited by The King; 09-24-2009, 11:33 AM.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: Give it up for Fitzy and Hamdan

Fitzy is very smart and knows football. He may not be starting material but he can sure help Trent develop by letting him know some of the things Trent may not have seen on the field. Hamdan and Edwards have always had a good rapport.
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

Good point MMB. You might be right.
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

Ya, there was an article or thread somewhere last year where it talked about how whenever Trent was not on the field, Hamdan was right by his side discussing things and helping him talk things through. Fitz seems like the kinda guy who can understand everytihng that needs to be done, but just doesnt have the physical tools to get it done, so having him help Trent decipher what he needs to do could certainly help him.

Comment

• The King
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
          Ya, there was an article or thread somewhere last year where it talked about how whenever Trent was not on the field, Hamdan was right by his side discussing things and helping him talk things through. Fitz seems like the kinda guy who can understand everytihng that needs to be done, but just doesnt have the physical tools to get it done, so having him help Trent decipher what he needs to do could certainly help him.
          Not a lot different from Van Pelt. Sometimes these backups who spend all the time watching film and how the plays breakdown, end up as some great co-coordinators.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

Got to disagree. Yeah, all the buddy buddy team stuff is very important but you can have that will two guys that can play football. That's what we need. We're basically an injury away from not winning another game. I still don't like it. Having a weak guy in the backup spot is for pussies and this isn't a pussy game.

Comment

• casdhf
              • Jul 2002

The Bengals won occasionally with Fitz.
              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• The King
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Typ0
                Got to disagree. Yeah, all the buddy buddy team stuff is very important but you can have that will two guys that can play football. That's what we need. We're basically an injury away from not winning another game. I still don't like it. Having a weak guy in the backup spot is for pussies and this isn't a pussy game.
                Im not talking about buddy buddy at all. I am talking about a backup who communicates football with the starter. Who helps support the starter in his role and helps the team win. Which is different then our last scenarios where the back up was waiting for the starter to fail.
                It was all

Comment

• Meathead
                  Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                  • Jul 2002

a west coast stoner, a drunken mick, and a terrorist walk into a bar ...
                  One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• ELAYAS
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by MBBedard
                    Not a lot different from Van Pelt. Sometimes these backups who spend all the time watching film and how the plays breakdown, end up as some great co-coordinators.
                    not a lot different from Turk Scho... nevermind...

Comment

• The King
                      • Jun 2004

Thats where the sometimes comes in.
                      It was all

Comment

• ELAYAS
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by MBBedard
                        Thats where the sometimes comes in.

Comment

• Boomstick
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Meathead
                          a west coast stoner, a drunken mick, and a terrorist walk into a bar ...

Now that's classic!!!
                          Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Hello. My name is Shawn Spencer this is my associate Hummingbird Saltalamachia

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

Well it is a good point but what else they gonna ****ing do stand there and hold there jocks?
                            they better be watching and helping otherwise Billy Joe Hobert is coming out of retirement to take there jobs
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• The King
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                              Well it is a good point but what else they gonna ****ing do stand there and hold there jocks?
                              they better be watching and helping otherwise Billy Joe Hobert is coming out of retirement to take there jobs
                              Its a big improvement from what JP did last year.
                              It was all

Comment

Working...
                              X