PDA

View Full Version : 1st line set

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Ruff told WGR's Nick Mendola that Thomas Vanek, Drew Stafford and Derek Roy will take first line honors to begin the season.

Ruff also said that Tim Connolly and Clark MacArthur will be on a line together, failing to name the third player on that line.
http://www.wgr550.com/Ruff-Names-First-Line/5292396

elltrain22
09-25-2009, 06:09 AM
That should very well be a very productive line. Stafford seems like he's on the verge of a breakout season, while we already know that Vanek & Roy are capable of putting up big numbers. Our other 3 lines should be pretty solid too. Pominville, Connelly, & MacArthur are guys that can put the puck in the net. We have alot more toughness that reminds me of our late 90s Sabres teams. Our defensemen are young, but I like what I see. Miller is still one of top 10 best goalies in the NHL.

Health is the key. If we stay healthy, I think we certainly have a shot at winning the Northeast division.

SabreEleven
09-26-2009, 11:55 AM
This will be the starting line and than Ruff will change up all the lines because it didn't score a goal in the first 5 minutes of the season :rolleyes:

SkateZilla
09-27-2009, 11:53 AM
hrmm, didnt we rock Vanek - Roy - Pommers? last season before TV got his grill busted?