• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Accuscore's prediction

Not sure how many of you look at this, but it's something I often glance at before the games, just to see if they predict any surprises.

For the people who say we have "no chance," Accuscore says otherwise. This is predicted to be one of the closer games of the weekend.

Game summary of the New Orleans Saints vs. Buffalo Bills NFL game, final score 27-7, from September 27, 2009 on ESPN.

The Bills have talented DBs and the pass defense is better than their current ranking of 2nd worst in the league defending the pass. They have allowed 664 passing yards this season, but they do have 3 INTs. You cannot expect to beat the Saints in an aerial shootout. The Bills needs to pick off Drew Brees at least twice while RB Fred Jackson controls time of possession with 75+ rushing yards. If they can hit both of these game milestones they improve from being a 42 percent underdog to a 70 percent favorite.
    The average score they are predicting is 29.2 to 26.7.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: Accuscore's prediction

Accuscore is actually pretty accurate when talking about wins and losses...

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

They should just post here and guess the score for zone bucks.
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by jamze132
        Accuscore is actually pretty accurate when talking about wins and losses...
        Last year I had a lot more time on my hands and I tried to keep track of how accurate Accuscore was, and see how their predictive capabilities varied depending on how confident they were. I think I managed to record their predictions for most of the season, but I never got around to compiling the data. I think from looking at it, they're generally about 70% correct.

I found that every week there was one or two games where I was surprised at who they picked to be the winner. And it seemed that every time that happened, that game was predicted correctly. It intrigued me, so I embarked on a statistical nightmare, maybe I should finish it sometime.
        Last edited by psubills62; 09-25-2009, 12:08 AM.
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by psubills62
          Last year I had a lot more time on my hands and I tried to keep track of how accurate Accuscore was, and see how their predictive capabilities varied depending on how confident they were. I think I managed to record their predictions for most of the season, but I never got around to compiling the data. I think from looking at it, they're generally about 70% correct.

I found that every week there was one or two games where I was surprised at who they picked to be the winner. And it seemed that every time that happened, that game was predicted correctly. It intrigued me, so I embarked on a statistical nightmare, maybe I should finish it sometime.
          Yes indeed.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

How did they do with our first two games?
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• JD
              Sabres Zone
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by YardRat
              Good question
              “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• JD
                Sabres Zone
                • Sep 2003

I'm not a member but I found this to be interesting..

The Jets have seen their playoff chances sky-rocket from a pre-season 11 percent to over 60 percent because they have won two games in which they were the underdogs. Meanwhile the Patriots have suffered a gigantic drop to 57 percent for two reasons. First, they lost to a division rival (the Jets) and second, their poor play to start the season and injuries on defense has hurt their winning percentage in future games. Their playoff percentage will increase substantially over the coming weeks if they can prove that they can perform close to 2007 levels. The Bills increased their playoff probability to 25 percent despite being just 1-1 because their quality of play has been high.

The Bengals were the second biggest underdog in Week 2 and by beating Green Bay they significantly improved their playoff chances. The Pittsburgh Steelers saw the biggest drop-off in the AFC North not only because they lost a game they were favored to win, but because their primary rival, Baltimore, won a game they were expected to lose.

The Colts are 2-0 but their playoff percentage increased significantly because their primary pre-season competition in the AFC South, Tennessee, is a surprising 0-2. Tennessee dropped over 13 percentage points to the primary benefit of the Colts and Texans. The Texans chances improved nearly 8 percentage points, but this was less than you might expect given the magnitude of their upset victory of the Titans. The good start from the Colts and additional Wild Card competition from the Jets, Patriots, and Bills somewhat limited the Texans’ improvement.
                Accuscore offers high-quality sports predictions based on unique simulation engine for all the most popular sports, aimed for individuals and businesses alike.
                “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

bump
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by mybills
                    bump
                    I looked for a little bit but didn't find any reference to their previous predictions, unfortunately.
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

100%

Accuscore pick the Pats to beat us and us to beat the Bucks. It is predicting a loss for us against NO.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Dec 2005

Had us beating TB 21-19 and losing to the Pats 31-20.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                          My IQ Test results came back negative
                          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                          100%

Accuscore pick the Pats to beat us and us to beat the Bucks. It is predicting a loss for us against NO.

Damn were so screwed then

Comment

• BillsWin
                            man amongst boys
                            • Oct 2008

a 70 % favorite????
                            I am The Batman.

Comment

• BillsWin
                              man amongst boys
                              • Oct 2008