PDA

View Full Version : Five Ways to Silence the Saints

patmoran2006
09-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Article by "PSUBills62"

No matter how vehemently the most optimistic of Bills fans may try to deny, the New Orleans Saints are going to be a very difficult team to beat. Yes, they faced two newly christened starting quarterbacks (Kelvin Kolb, Matt Stafford) in their first two games. In part, that’s why they enjoyed the benefit of seven turnovers in those two games. But free gifts or not this is an offense that knows how to move the ball and score a lot of points. The effectiveness of the Saints’ aerial attack combined with a more forceful defense than last year’s version makes beating this team a thorny proposition. READ MORE (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/09/five-ways-to-silence-the-saints/#more-3370)

psubills62
09-25-2009, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the opportunity, Pat!

Luisito23
09-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Good article.

Meathead
09-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Five Ways to Silence the Saints

1. Stick pins in their voodoo doll
2. Fill Bourbon Street with white hos
3. Send in Brownie to do a helluva job
4. Remove all cell phones from goalpost padding
5. Put George W. Bush in charge of their team

patmoran2006
09-25-2009, 09:52 AM
Five Ways to Silence the Saints

1. Stick pins in their voodoo doll
2. Fill Bourbon Street with white hos
3. Send in Brownie to do a helluva job
4. Remove all cell phones from goalpost padding
5. Put George W. Bush in charge of their team
The Meathead has spoken.. lol

Captain gameboy
09-25-2009, 09:58 AM
I think you missed the most obvious.

Get to Brees early, and don't back down from it, even if we get beat once or twice doing it.

When we get pressure without sending everyone, we win.
When we don't, we get killed.

psubills62
09-25-2009, 10:16 AM
I think you missed the most obvious.

Get to Brees early, and don't back down from it, even if we get beat once or twice doing it.

When we get pressure without sending everyone, we win.
When we don't, we get killed.

Yeah, it seems too obvious. To me, that's just saying that the DL needs to do its job. Especially since Brees seems to perform better against blitzes than against base defenses.

The Eagles got the Saints to go 3 and out twice...and both came because there was 3rd and very long (3rd and 19, 3rd and 24) due to sacks. However, the Saints also got a lot of big plays with rollouts and such, taking advantage of Philadelphia's aggressiveness.

Also, Brees has shown that he has no problem dumping the ball off into the hands of his playmakers. I believe that while pressure is key, having our defense do its job in coverage is almost more important for this matchup.

trapezeus
09-25-2009, 11:01 AM
i wrote a comment on the site. but i'll also agree with GB on this one.

The bills defense isn't going to be able to shut down all the wideouts and the TE. With the potential injuries in the secondary, missing poz, etc...the bills have to make brees throw bad balls. They can't assume that their coverage will hold.

So i imagine some creative schemes of DL moving around or standing up will have to be figured in so that brees doesn't know where its coming from and doesn't get a chance to go to his first receiver.

Also, the article is right...we need those turnovers. The LB's need to be going for the strip, and leodis (if he plays) and corner, need to be solid is film study this week and gamble with jumping routes. they are good at that kind of thing. Now will be the week that we need it most.

HHURRICANE
09-25-2009, 12:23 PM
I like the fact someone recognized that the Saints can run the ball. I would focus on stopping the run and let them rely totally on their passing game. Maybe our secondary plays well enough to stop a few pass relaint drives.

We have no pass rush so it will be up to the secondary.

As for the offense the Bills need to just score points and hang with the Saints. They do that and they have a chance.

We have been waiting a long time for a team that can go toe to toe in a shoot out and maybe this is the one that can. Just haven't seen it yet.

jamze132
09-26-2009, 12:44 AM
Because of the injuries to the NO backfield, they are going to throw the ball when in doubt. Our 10 yd cushion of air between our DBs and their WRs is going to royaly **** us this week.

Luisito23
09-26-2009, 07:36 AM
If N.O. is going to beat us is by going through the air, no way are they running on this defense.