X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sdbillsfan2
    • Apr 2005

Misunderstood?

I think there is a lot of truth in this read. But in all honesty , he did bring some of it on himself. The media is trying to make the bad guy!
    Bottom line , I'm glad for this pick up !

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bills/2009-09-24-terrell-owens-cover_N.htm?csp=34

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "
  • Prov401
    President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
    • Aug 2008

Re: Misunderstood?

It's true. Much of what T.O says gets taken way out of context, just to create a story. I'm glad he doesn't talk after games.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

nice article.

I read a guy who is getting over being "misunderstood" and now trying to just avoid it. That's maturity and survival.

i get his point about not celebrating since he was kind of the guy who made it popular to do a crazy celebration. But i think if the bills end up on a roll and he's a the head of that charge, i think he'll give us a celebration or two at the Ralph that we'll go crazy over.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

He makes a great, valid point. He doesn't beat or rape women. He doesn't do drugs, he doesn't drink and drive. He's never in the media for anything other than something he's said.

The fact that he's helped raise over 100,000 for a local food bank impresses me.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

While he has been obnoxious in the past (i.e. the entire work out thing in his driveway), I always ask people who they would rather have date their daughter - TO or Lynch.

When you think about which one is the real *******, it makes TO not look so bad.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

I just think TO is getting older and wiser. He knows that talking after the game is an emotional period for him. He knows he is more likely to say something he'll regret...and he knows his words get twisted.

An adult stops complaining that this happens and just stops creating the negative environment.

I just hope that TD is the start of a good relationship between him and buffalo. If we can get him to catch like 4TD this week, that'd be pretty big.

Comment

• Cntrygal
              Visually stunning but camera-shy.
              • Jul 2002

Good article!
              Originally posted by notacon
              The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

"Two members of the Bills media relations department talked with Owens this week and told him the league does in fact expect him to talk to reporters after games."

WTF, is this the "T.O. Rule"?

This has been done 1000 times by players over the years, now all of a sudden you can't because TO did it? WTF.
                Last edited by yordad; 09-25-2009, 02:21 PM.
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

yeah, seriously, yordad. didn't ML give the silent treatment for the entire year last year? Now TO has to talk on wednesdays. That seems odd.

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by trapezeus
                    yeah, seriously, yordad. didn't ML give the silent treatment for the entire year last year? Now TO has to talk on wednesdays. That seems odd.
                    In my opinion, it's for the same reason that they keep making rules that protect the QB. Because the NFL is becoming less about the game on the field and more about the drama/image off of the field. That's how they are getting their money, with the ESPN coverage, etc.

Notice how the analysts during the week spend more time talking about the people like Brady, Manning, Owens, etc. than about the actual matchups. If only they spent as much time talking about the strengths and weaknesses of each team as they did about Favre's broken fingernail...
                    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

i'd watch ESPN more if they had an hour show of jaws breaking down film of that week's matchups without all the other former players chitchatting. Just go 2-5 minutes pergame highlighting tendencies that teams seem to show, give us that top of the stadium arial cam and show us what they are doing.

It would be awesome. We don't need former players joshing around and laughing about their good old days. we need to look at the actual game and see what we think the coaches are seeing and how they plan to stop their opponends or execute their gameplans.

you'd think that show would do better than the 3rd showing of sportscenter

Comment

• jamze132
                        • Jun 2003

TO is doing the right thing by not talking to the media after the game right now. Every guy in the room is trying to get a story about TO right now. The Buffalo Bills are bigger than any one man and I truly believe that he wants to win in Buffalo. I agree with his stance of not talking after the game as to not take away from the team's performance.

He made a great point about letting the captains speak for the team, I think that is the way it should be unless someone else makes a game changing play.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          While he has been obnoxious in the past (i.e. the entire work out thing in his driveway), I always ask people who they would rather have date their daughter - TO or Lynch.

When you think about which one is the real *******, it makes TO not look so bad.
                          C.) Neither!!

Comment

Working...
                          X