PDA

View Full Version : Time for Fewell to go...

jamze132
09-26-2009, 12:46 AM
After the Saints game. I am already having nightmare about a 10 yd cushion.

Fewell has no business being a DC in the NFL right now. He should have been canned in the offseason as well. Might as well do it sooner rather than later if we are serious about playing meaningful games in 3 months.

Buffalogic
09-26-2009, 05:29 AM
Your blind hate for Fewell puzzles me.

yordad
09-26-2009, 07:39 AM
Maybe he leaves it up to the CB. :idunno:

Nighthawk
09-26-2009, 09:45 AM

It's not blind hate...it's knowing what you're watching on Sundays. Fewell is not a good DC and I agree...he should be out the door with Dickey!

jamze132
09-26-2009, 12:02 PM
What blind hate do you speak of?

Do you not watch his defenses every week?

I have been campaigning for his firing for over two years now.

Oaf
09-26-2009, 12:24 PM
He easily should have left with Schonert.

ddaryl
09-26-2009, 01:07 PM
After the Saints game. I am already having nightmare about a 10 yd cushion.

Fewell has no business being a DC in the NFL right now. He should have been canned in the offseason as well. Might as well do it sooner rather than later if we are serious about playing meaningful games in 3 months.

This game will either give Fewell a chance to show he can game plan well against good O's / Playoff caliber O's, or we will see more of the same from him and his 10 yard cushion bend don't break D's, that makes good QB's look great, and has great QB's having record days.

If his D looks like crap against NO, then I won't pull no punches either. I'm not very impressed with his 1st 4 years as the Bills DC...

The Juice Is Loose
09-26-2009, 01:21 PM
its mid season stop typing silly crap like this to get a rise out of people.

PECKERWOOD
09-26-2009, 02:28 PM
I kinda like Fewell, I don't think our defense is the problem. If our offense puts points on the board, I trust that our defense will keep us in most games.

Mitchell55
09-26-2009, 02:38 PM
He gets mad at McKelvin for giving to much of a cution, I think its the players not the coach that just dont believe in there selfs. He did alot of blitzes and murdered Leftwhich last week.

BILLSROCK1212
09-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Bob Sanders for DC!!

YardRat
09-26-2009, 02:57 PM
We're not going to be playing meaningful games in 3 months.

DMBcrew36
09-26-2009, 03:16 PM
I haven't completely hated Fewell's defenses here, just that our corner's play off too far. The 10yd cushions you speak of drive me insane. I find myself yelling at the TV to bump and jam the godd*amn *****ing receiver and run with him. They play way too far off opposing receivers.

Mitchell55
09-26-2009, 03:19 PM
We're not going to be playing meaningful games in 3 months.

Good job, great passion for our team. I love it

Night Train
09-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Jamze, I don't like Fewell either but the timing of this thread makes zero sense, with the D playing far better than the last 5 years combined.

It's early and time will tell but the O went to sleep in this last game for 2 1/2 quarters with the D saving our a$$. They played great for most of the Pats game.

The Saints may indeed torch the Bills but with rain almost a certainty tomorrow ( it's raining now ) the game may be closer than we think.

jamze132
09-26-2009, 04:43 PM
Jamze, I don't like Fewell either but the timing of this thread makes zero sense, with the D playing far better than the last 5 years combined.

It's early and time will tell but the O went to sleep in this last game for 2 1/2 quarters with the D saving our a$$. They played great for most of the Pats game.

The Saints may indeed torch the Bills but with rain almost a certainty tomorrow ( it's raining now ) the game may be closer than we think.

I was never one to clamor about timing. I am just fed up with his style of defense which is ripe for a torching. I do not see them playing as good as you do right now. The D line has played outstanding but the DBs are not being allowed to showcase what they can do.

If Fewell actually put his players in a position to be successful, I would have no problems with him, regardless of the results. But I can't stand the "bend but don't break" attitude he brings to the table. Too many times over the past couple of years we are having to grind our teeth down to the wire to squeeze out a victory because he plays this bull**** lackadaisical defense which allows the opponent to get right back into the game. I will give him credit for bringing the thunder last week, but let's be honest, the opposing QB was Leftwich, not exactly Brady or Brees. We have already seen what happened in NE to start the year. People can blame McKelvin all they want, but his BS defensive scheme in the last few minutes was absolutely horrible.

Our defense is talented enough, especially at the corners to be more aggressive and put more pressure on the offense. When will he test his DBs and let them prove one way or the other what they are actually capable of? It's been too long.

Mr. Pink
09-26-2009, 04:51 PM
I have no problem with our Fewell.

The defense keeps the offense in ballgames, has pretty much ever since Fewell got here. Every team gets blown out once in a while, it happens.

He has a defense that's tailored around the players.

We played bend but don't break because of the personnel.

We have a serious lack of a pass rush from the front four. Average LB corps and below average secondary until McKelvin fully develops. And absolutely ZERO playmakers.

What do you expect?

YardRat
09-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Good job, great passion for our team. I love it

Passion is one thing...blind passion something else altogether.

Oaf
09-26-2009, 05:47 PM
its mid season stop typing silly crap like this to get a rise out of people.
You serious? He should have been fired after the Dallas game alone. You think Jauron fired Schonert to get a "rise" of his players? :cynic:

Buffalogic
09-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Yeah, you people who hate Fewell should look at why we've been losing games over the past few years and it sure as hell isn't because of our defense.

jamze132
09-27-2009, 01:20 AM
Yeah, you people who hate Fewell should look at why we've been losing games over the past few years and it sure as hell isn't because of our defense.
We have lost because of piss poor coaching in almost every facet of the game, to include the defense. This thread is about Fewell and his defense only.