PDA

View Full Version : I freaking HATE Iowa

psubills62
09-26-2009, 10:20 PM
I just had to say that...

What the heck is PSU's problem?? They go conservative too much and too soon, there were several calls they should have gotten but didn't, they just never seem to have a good gameplan against the unnamed yellow and black team. Tonight I hate both Iowa and PSU...but tomorrow...screw you, Iowa.

LtFinFan66
09-26-2009, 10:28 PM
gotta learn how to beat them and the hate will go away

psubills62
09-26-2009, 10:49 PM
gotta learn how to beat them and the hate will go away

Well, if only I had control over that...

BSU Drew
09-26-2009, 10:57 PM
Worked out perfectly for BSU this weekend... but sorry about your team man.. Hopefully the Bills will cheer you up!!!

k-oneputt
09-26-2009, 10:57 PM
Time for PSU to play a real out of conference schedule, get a real qb, and retire joe Pa.

psubills62
09-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Worked out perfectly for BSU this weekend... but sorry about your team man.. Hopefully the Bills will cheer you up!!!

Yeah, I'd love to see BSU get up there and prove once again that the BCS system is crap. I am really, really hoping the Bills give me a reason to be happy, but this could turn out to be a really crappy weekend.

psubills62
09-26-2009, 11:20 PM
Time for PSU to play a real out of conference schedule, get a real qb, and retire joe Pa.

Well 1) is Alabama in 2010/11 going to be good enough for you? 2) Clark is a pretty darn good QB, just makes a few bad decisions and tonight had some badly tipped balls, and 3) it's not like Joe Pa really has that much control anymore anyway. It's pretty much already run by the assistant coaches.

k-oneputt
09-27-2009, 09:17 AM
Yes, Alabama is a good start. It's about freaking time don't you think ? Get prepared for another beat down.
Clark sucks. He can't beat a above average team, let alone a good one. you can't play Temple, Akron and UB every week and expect respect.
Joe Pa can't recruit the top qb's. Never has. I can think of one that was any good in the NFL. Of course if you were a top qb prospect why would you go to PSU and run that 1970's offense. Game has passed him by.
I love making money bucking PSU against any good team. Thanks again.

X-Era
09-27-2009, 11:14 AM
I saw this coming.

Iowa has been playing tough.

Im a Penn State fan but I saw this as a real trap game.

X-Era
09-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Iowa has been playing tough.

Im a Penn State fan but I saw this as a real trap game.[/quote]
I feel several players dropped a bit in my rankings due to their play in this game:

Daryl Clark
Evan Royster
Dennis Loadholt

Its still early and one game does not a prospect make.

psubills62
09-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Yes, Alabama is a good start. It's about freaking time don't you think ? Get prepared for another beat down.
Clark sucks. He can't beat a above average team, let alone a good one. you can't play Temple, Akron and UB every week and expect respect.
Joe Pa can't recruit the top qb's. Never has. I can think of one that was any good in the NFL. Of course if you were a top qb prospect why would you go to PSU and run that 1970's offense. Game has passed him by.
I love making money bucking PSU against any good team. Thanks again.

"About freaking time?" Maybe learn a little history. PSU has worked on scheduling decent teams every year except this year and last year (oh, and how did Oregon State turn out from last year?). Alabama will probably whoop PSU next year, but two years from now in Happy Valley will be a good one.

Clark is pretty good, actually. Hope you didn't bet against PSU in the Ohio State game. And Joe Pa can't recruit the top QB's? Learn to talk out of your mouth, not your rear. Anthony Morelli, while he turned sour in PSU, was a top QB recruit. Oh, and Kevin Newsome (current freshman) was a big QB recruit. And take a look at this list:

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=8&toinid=688&yr=2010

Yeah, you're right. Two of the top ten QB's in the nation. Huh? I could be wrong, but PSU was also one of the highest scoring offenses last year in the nation. Not bad for a 1970's offense.

TigerJ
09-27-2009, 08:18 PM
I saw a little of the Penn State game and thought the officiating was abysmal. A couple of real bad calls went Iowa's way.

k-oneputt
09-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Yes, what happened to Morelli??? ruined by that crappy 1970's offense. OOOOPPPSS. Who are those NFL qb's again ????
PSU has constantly played a weak ocs, why don't YOU look it up and post it. Then again, don't make you or PSU look laughable.
Clark is pretty good, LOL, yeah right if they are playing Temple every week.

psubills62
09-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Yes, what happened to Morelli??? ruined by that crappy 1970's offense. OOOOPPPSS. Who are those NFL qb's again ????
PSU has constantly played a weak ocs, why don't YOU look it up and post it. Then again, don't make you or PSU look laughable.
Clark is pretty good, LOL, yeah right if they are playing Temple every week.

Way to change your comment to make yourself look better. The exact quote from your post is "Joe Pa can't recruit the top qb's." You never mentioned anything about QB's in the NFL. So when I prove you wrong, you move to something else? I'll admit PSU QB's haven't done much in the NFL. But that wasn't what you were talking about. Joe Pa has plenty of ability to recruit top QB's, which means you were wrong.

2008: Oregon State (lost to USC in bowl game)
2007: Notre Dame (beat Texas A&M in the bowl game)
2006: Notre Dame (beat Tennessee in the bowl game)
2005: South Florida, Cincinnati (beat Florida State in the bowl game)
2004: Boston College
2003: Boston College, Nebraska
2002: Nebraska, Virginia (lost to Auburn in bowl game)

Future schedule:
2010: Alabama
2011: Alabama
2012: Virginia (two more OOC games TBA)
2013: Virginia (three more OOC games TBA)
2014: Rutgers, Nebraska
2015: Rutgers, Nebraska

Like I said, do some research before making yourself look like a fool.

And as far as Clark goes, he had a pretty bad night against Iowa. But I think a decent number of programs would love to have these numbers from their QB in a season, especially when their strength is the running game:

192/321 (59.8 %), 2592 yards, 8.08 YPA, 19 TD's and 6 INT, 11 sacks, 143.44 rating. And no, they weren't playing Temple every game.

k-oneputt
09-28-2009, 08:40 AM
2009 - Akron, syracuse, temple, E. Ill.
2008 - Coastal Carolina, Oregon st., Syr., Temple
2007- Fla. International, N. Dame, Buffalo, Temple
2006- Akron, N. Dame, Youngstown, Temple
2005- S. Fla, Cincy, Central Mich.
2004- Akron, BC, U.Central Fla.

LOL. When they played Cincy and S. Fla in 05 they still sucked.

I don't see Cincy this year on the schedule.

Either way just keep that fraud of a team out of any BCS bowl game.

k-oneputt
09-28-2009, 08:43 AM
And don't start with Notre Dame, they are almost as overrated as Penn st.

Any college football fan knows the beating they get when they play good teams. Check the LSU game and USC games.

k-oneputt
09-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Three "decent" teams in six years. Yep, that's one hell of an out of conference schedule.

k-oneputt
09-28-2009, 08:54 AM
Virgina, Rutgers, Nebraska - three middle of the road teams. One good team in Alabama. You can bet they won't be scheduling any SEC teams again after those two beating.

psubills62
09-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Virgina, Rutgers, Nebraska - three middle of the road teams. One good team in Alabama. You can bet they won't be scheduling any SEC teams again after those two beating.

Nebraska is middle-of-the-road? Seriously, have you only paid attention to college football in the past year or so? Nebraska had a couple of down years, but they're consistently very, very good. Right now they're ranked 23rd in the country and lost by a point AT Va Tech.

Cincinnati had a bad year when we played them, but they were still a decent team. That year was surrounded by 7-5 and 8-5 records.

Haha, ND may be overrated, but they're still a good team, especially in those couple years.

You also don't seem to care that when PSU put Syracuse on the future schedule, that Orange team was winning 10 games each year.

Say what you want, PSU is still a good program and will continue to be a good program. They beat an overrated Tennessee team in their bowl game with a crappy QB in Morelli. Except for last year's Rose Bowl, they've shown up to play in their bowl games.

psubills62
09-28-2009, 10:05 AM

I find it pretty funny how you rag on PSU for scheduling weak opponents when 99% of the teams in Division 1-A (or FBS) are doing it as well.

Which team has the worst OOC schedule besides PSU this year? Oh that's right...Ole Miss. One of those amazing SEC teams, I guess.

If PSU is so crappy, that doesn't exactly make Alabama's OOC schedule look too good in those upcoming years. San Jose State, at Duke and Georgia State in 2010, huh? Excellent work. If you criticize PSU for scheduling cupcakes, you should criticize everyone for doing it.

k-oneputt
09-28-2009, 12:43 PM
I don't want to burst your bubble. You keep believing PSU is relavant. Their oc schedule speaks for itself. And thank goodness they don't play in the SEC or you would be a .500 team similar to an Arkansas.
Cincy was 4-7 and rebuilding when PSU played them. S. Fla. was 6-6 and just building their program. So try again.
Nebraska is now two nead coaches removed from their dominant teams. What have you been watching ? Missouri and Kansas have past them by.
Keep drinking that happy valley kool-aid, but most know deep down they can't play with the big boys abd their oc schedule just props them up for a while. Thanks again to Iowa for exposing this fraud.
And why is PSU ahead of Iowa in this weeks coaches poll ???? Didn't Iowa just wipe them up on their home field????????

psubills62
09-28-2009, 01:42 PM
I don't want to burst your bubble. You keep believing PSU is relavant. Their oc schedule speaks for itself. And thank goodness they don't play in the SEC or you would be a .500 team similar to an Arkansas.
Cincy was 4-7 and rebuilding when PSU played them. S. Fla. was 6-6 and just building their program. So try again.
Nebraska is now two nead coaches removed from their dominant teams. What have you been watching ? Missouri and Kansas have past them by.
Keep drinking that happy valley kool-aid, but most know deep down they can't play with the big boys abd their oc schedule just props them up for a while. Thanks again to Iowa for exposing this fraud.
And why is PSU ahead of Iowa in this weeks coaches poll ???? Didn't Iowa just wipe them up on their home field????????

I don't want to burst your bubble, but PSU is relevant and will remain relevant. Their recruiting class of 2009 was quite good and 2010 is even better.

The SEC is hyped so much it's unbelievable. Tennessee really showed the power of the SEC against Wyoming. Alabama did so well against Utah. The last time PSU played a more highly regarded SEC team, they beat them. And that was with a crappy QB, as I mentioned before.

Don't get me wrong, the SEC is good, but not even close to as good as people make it out to be. The fact that they did decently in bowl games doesn't excuse the fact that they weren't that good OOC against BCS conferences. I believe the ACC tore them apart last year, including losses to Duke, Ga Tech, etc. Florida makes the SEC look better than it is.

Haha, PSU didn't drop as much as I expected. :up: Keep thinking we're not relevant, maybe that will really get you somewhere.

k-oneputt
09-28-2009, 03:49 PM
They just lost at home against Iowa, with said crap qb. He played another great game didn't he ?
Every game in the SEC is tough, the little ten has one good team {OSU} and a couple of above avg. teams.
I don't think we need to discuss how the speed teams have killed the little-10.

k-oneputt
09-28-2009, 03:55 PM
PSU has beat nobody this year. They played one pretty good team and got beatup on their home field. WTF is that ? That will not be their last loss this year either.

k-oneputt
09-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Actually the public {like you} thinking that team is good has been a real profitable situation for me.
Keep it up Jo Pa.

psubills62
09-28-2009, 05:48 PM
They just lost at home against Iowa, with said crap qb. He played another great game didn't he ?
Every game in the SEC is tough, the little ten has one good team {OSU} and a couple of above avg. teams.
I don't think we need to discuss how the speed teams have killed the little-10.

What happened the last time PSU played one of those "speed teams?" Hahaha, oh that's right, PSU won. Clark is a better QB than most of the guys the SEC has at the helm. And I don't think we need to discuss how the "speed teams" got beat by so many other teams last year (Ga Tech, UCLA, Wyoming, Utah, etc.).

psubills62
09-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Actually the public {like you} thinking that team is good has been a real profitable situation for me.
Keep it up Jo Pa.

Good for you :up: BTW, are any SEC teams playing the MWC this year? Could really make some moolah there, since I'm sure the SEC teams will be favored to win :up:

k-oneputt
09-28-2009, 06:51 PM
No I just wait till an overrated PSU gets USC at -7 pts{yes, we laughed to at that line} then point the **** out of it.
It's like a New Years gift.
To bad they couldn't beat Iowa last year, they could've gotten hammered by Florida instead.
I forgot Clark had a bad day in that game also. Clak would be a lb in that league and he will never play qb in the NFL.
Tell JP that style works against Temple and most of the little-10 bu that's it.

k-oneputt
09-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Just think once Michigan gets it back together that will be another team to pass you by in that weak ass conference. It might even happen this year.

k-oneputt
09-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Ah, the last speed team PSU played was the USC beating. No, nobody counts Iowa as a speed team.

psubills62
09-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Ah, the last speed team PSU played was the USC beating. No, nobody counts Iowa as a speed team.

USC isn't a speed team. I was talking about Tennessee.

psubills62
09-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Just think once Michigan gets it back together that will be another team to pass you by in that weak ass conference. It might even happen this year.

You mean that same Michigan team that beat...who was it? Oh yeah, Florida. Some weak conference.

psubills62
09-28-2009, 07:20 PM
No I just wait till an overrated PSU gets USC at -7 pts{yes, we laughed to at that line} then point the **** out of it.
It's like a New Years gift.
To bad they couldn't beat Iowa last year, they could've gotten hammered by Florida instead.
I forgot Clark had a bad day in that game also. Clak would be a lb in that league and he will never play qb in the NFL.
Tell JP that style works against Temple and most of the little-10 bu that's it.

Accounting for three TD's and 290 total yards is a bad game? The two INT's hurt, but that's not exactly terrible against USC's defense last year.

Oh, and I don't know how you spell "Clark" in SEC-land (nice education), but here we put an "r" in it. :up: And I agree, "Clak" probably won't play QB in the NFL, but I'd be willing to bet some NFL team will give CLARK a shot.

It's too bad... I wait for gifts like Vanderbilt against Duke. Or maybe LSU at home against Troy? Must be those Trojans have some way to counteract the great SEC speed...some secret weapon! Hahahaha

k-oneputt
09-28-2009, 07:24 PM
USC isn't a speed team. I was talking about Tennessee.

USC isn't a speed team ??????? WHAT ????????

Tenn. a middle of the pack SEC team. I see. And a couple of years ago. Yes that is about PSU's level. Middle of the pack SEC. Just thank God your team isn't in that league or that oc schedule may be your only four wins for the year.

Just think Ohio St., Iowa { everyone knows you can't beat them}, Michigan is on it's way back, your team should level out with the Mich.St's, Illini's, Wisky's. Congrats. Keep Temple, Buffalo, and any other MAC team you can find to come to Happy Valley. What happended Youngstown wasn't available so you got Eastern Illinois ? Are they even 1-A ?

k-oneputt
09-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Yeah, CLARK will get a shot, at rb maybe. Just like the last great PSU qb ROBINSON.

Can't beat the good teams with that type of qb.

k-oneputt
09-28-2009, 07:30 PM
At least Ohio St. will step to the plate and take their beatings from the best of the SEC. Maybe you didn't see the Florida or LSU games. That speed.

psubills62
09-28-2009, 07:46 PM
USC isn't a speed team ??????? WHAT ????????

Tenn. a middle of the pack SEC team. I see. And a couple of years ago. Yes that is about PSU's level. Middle of the pack SEC. Just thank God your team isn't in that league or that oc schedule may be your only four wins for the year.

Just think Ohio St., Iowa { everyone knows you can't beat them}, Michigan is on it's way back, your team should level out with the Mich.St's, Illini's, Wisky's. Congrats. Keep Temple, Buffalo, and any other MAC team you can find to come to Happy Valley. What happended Youngstown wasn't available so you got Eastern Illinois ? Are they even 1-A ?

Tennessee was ranked 20th in the nation when we beat them...as an unranked team. I love how you downplay the fact that we beat a higher-ranked SEC team, but then you say we wouldn't be able to beat them if we were in the SEC...what??

Did you see USC's receivers at all? All they did was out routes and once in a while ran down the seam. They weren't a speed team. Just because they had Taylor Mays doesn't mean they were a speed team.

LOL Are you kidding me? If PSU was in the SEC, they'd easily be the top 3-4 most years. Yeah, it's really hard to beat up on Vanderbilt, Tennessee (sorry, if UCLA can do it two years in a row then PSU could do it too), Kentucky, etc. every year. And if SEC teams had to travel to Happy Valley in December...sorry, they'd have almost NO chance. Maybe Florida should realize there ARE states that they can play in above the Mason-Dixon line...or outside of the state of Florida.

Again, are you kidding me? An SEC fan razzing a PSU fan about playing teams that aren't Div 1-A? Do you really need me to list all of the Div 1-AA teams the SEC played this year and last? Hahahaha, come on.

Let me go ahead and educate you on the schedule last year. PSU was hoping to get Alabama that year, but couldn't. OK, so they pick up a bad team in Arkansas State. But then they realize they could get a much better team in Oregon State. So they drop Arkansas State and got Oregon State. Guess who picked up Arkansas State?? Funny....it looked like Alabama did!

:up:

Oh, btw, who won in the PSU-OSU game last year? Hope you didn't bet against the Nittany Lions there hahaha.

psubills62
09-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Yeah, CLARK will get a shot, at rb maybe. Just like the last great PSU qb ROBINSON.

Can't beat the good teams with that type of qb.

Clark is a much better passer than Robinson was. Just FYI.

psubills62
09-28-2009, 07:48 PM
At least Ohio St. will step to the plate and take their beatings from the best of the SEC. Maybe you didn't see the Florida or LSU games. That speed.

Um, we're playing Alabama, how is that not stepping up to play the SEC?

And btw, when was the last time the SEC played USC? Out of curiosity.

psubills62
09-28-2009, 07:55 PM

At least Alabama and Tennessee will step up to the plate and take their beatings from the best and worst of the MWC....oh wait....

tampabay25690
09-28-2009, 08:03 PM
This is funny to read......
SEC and the Big Ten shouldn't even be brought up in the same sentence....

Florida, Alabama and maybe even LSU would WAX any Big Ten team at any given time this year.
Watching Big Ten football is like watching a game in SLOW MOTION......

psubills62
09-28-2009, 08:09 PM
In the end, it really doesn't matter what you (k-oneputt) thinks about PSU. You can say they're overrated, and I would generally agree with you at this point. But they've still got a lot of talent and are a good team. And you can say what you want about PSU not getting any wins if they were in the SEC...it's just your opinion. I couldn't care any less than I do now about what you think, because you have zero evidence for that speculation. :up:

k-oneputt
09-28-2009, 08:30 PM
This is funny to read......
SEC and the Big Ten shouldn't even be brought up in the same sentence....

Florida, Alabama and maybe even LSU would WAX any Big Ten team at any given time this year.
Watching Big Ten football is like watching a game in SLOW MOTION......

It's pretty funny isn't it. The Big-10 fans, especially the Penn St. one's are delusional. They beat a bunch of ****ty oc teams, and they are ranked #5 and get smoked at home by a decent Big-10 team.

k-oneputt
09-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Penn St. would go about .500 playing in the SEC. They would probably beat Vandy, Miss st. and Kentucky at home, and any road game they are a dog outside of those three teams. And even those teams on the road woudn't be a gimmie.

k-oneputt
09-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Um, we're playing Alabama, how is that not stepping up to play the SEC?

And btw, when was the last time the SEC played USC? Out of curiosity.

About time PSU steps up.

USC the last five years on the ROAD oc {something Pussy St. doesn't do often} Ohio St., N. Dame, Nebraska, Arkansas, Virg Tech, Virginia, Hawaii

PSU hasn't played teams like that oc on the road in the last forty years.

Then of course they have their annual beat down in the Rose Bowl against a Little-10 team.

psubills62
09-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Penn St. would go about .500 playing in the SEC. They would probably beat Vandy, Miss st. and Kentucky at home, and any road game they are a dog outside of those three teams. And even those teams on the road woudn't be a gimmie.

HAHAHAHA suuuuure. I have to wonder how many players in the SEC have even seen snow. Like I said...this is all your opinion and is pretty much worthless.

tampabay25690
09-28-2009, 09:12 PM
It's pretty funny isn't it. The Big-10 fans, especially the Penn St. one's are delusional. They beat a bunch of ****ty oc teams, and they are ranked #5 and get smoked at home by a decent Big-10 team.

Its hard for the Big Ten right now because all the 5 star athletes are heading South or out West. I will say the Big Ten has the best linemen and LB's in the nation.

Ohio St played there best game in 5 years and still came short vs USC, but then again if they had a QB that knew how to magae a clock they owuld have won. I like CLARK from PSU anyday over the MOST OVERRATED QB in Big Ten history in Terelle Pryor.....Im so glad that he signed in Ohio St instead of Florida...

tampabay25690
09-28-2009, 09:13 PM
HAHAHAHA suuuuure. I have to wonder how many players in the SEC have even seen snow. Like I said...this is all your opinion and is pretty much worthless.

10% of them have seen snow if that.
Thats why they stay down South

psubills62
09-28-2009, 09:15 PM
About time PSU steps up.

USC the last five years on the ROAD oc {something Pussy St. doesn't do often} Ohio St., N. Dame, Nebraska, Arkansas, Virg Tech, Virginia, Hawaii

PSU hasn't played teams like that oc on the road in the last forty years.

Then of course they have their annual beat down in the Rose Bowl against a Little-10 team.

Forty years is a long time, and I'm betting your wrong. I'm not sure why you're boasting about USC's schedule. Not only that, you're boasting about them playing Virginia? When you were just lambasting PSU for playing the same team? Hahaha what a hypocrite.

I have to wonder why you're touting USC's schedule, because no one in the SEC has come close to having a schedule like that either.

I'd love to know...did you rag on Ole Miss for not preparing themselves in their OOC schedule just like PSU did? Seems like pretty similar teams...crappy OOC schedules this year and lose their first conference game.

psubills62
09-28-2009, 09:18 PM
10% of them have seen snow if that.
Thats why they stay down South

Exactly.

I'm not saying PSU is great, or that the Big Ten is great. They've both been disappointing at key times lately. Big Ten is having a down decade or so. The SEC is good, but I still I still believe that some SEC teams (ahem, Ole Miss, LSU) are overrated. Florida was the only one doing decently out of conference last year before the bowl games.

DraftBoy
09-28-2009, 09:19 PM
Alright enough of the conference bashing you guys sound like school kids saying my Dad is tougher than your Dad. Conference pride is a joke you hate the other teams in your conference until somebody else tries to diss them. Please.

PSU got beat because they weren't tough enough in the game plain and simple. They have lost what they once were with Brown, Arrington, Ennis, Johnson, and others. Not to say they aren't good because they are, but they need to get back to fundamental PSU football. Pound the rock and fast, furious defense. For whatever reason they stopped doing that against Iowa.

psubills62
09-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Its hard for the Big Ten right now because all the 5 star athletes are heading South or out West. I will say the Big Ten has the best linemen and LB's in the nation.

Ohio St played there best game in 5 years and still came short vs USC, but then again if they had a QB that knew how to magae a clock they owuld have won. I like CLARK from PSU anyday over the MOST OVERRATED QB in Big Ten history in Terelle Pryor.....Im so glad that he signed in Ohio St instead of Florida...

Pryor has not really developed very well. And for Clark being a 2-star recruit or so, he's doing pretty well.

LtFinFan66
09-28-2009, 09:25 PM
SEC fans like this are the exact reason I despise the SEC

k-oneputt
09-28-2009, 09:26 PM
I haven't seen PSU play Virgina yet. Hell an average at best team like that on the road is an upgrade for Penn St.

psubills62
09-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Alright enough of the conference bashing you guys sound like school kids saying my Dad is tougher than your Dad. Conference pride is a joke you hate the other teams in your conference until somebody else tries to diss them. Please.

PSU got beat because they weren't tough enough in the game plain and simple. They have lost what they once were with Brown, Arrington, Ennis, Johnson, and others. Not to say they aren't good because they are, but they need to get back to fundamental PSU football. Pound the rock and fast, furious defense. For whatever reason they stopped doing that against Iowa.

PSU just didn't show up. I'll be one of the first to say that they had some calls go against them, but I'll also be the first to say that those calls weren't even close to being the only reason they lost.

I think a big part of it was the inexperience on the OL. They've got talent, just aren't coming together. The DL also was a big letdown, as they didn't get enough pressure and didn't hold up in the run game. Doesn't help that almost every LB we have was injured at some point before or during the game (Bowman coming off injury, Gbadyu injured during, Lee out, Stupar injured in practice, Mauti out, etc.).

I don't know exactly what happened, but they've got a lot of talented guys who still need to grow. Part of it was also the playcalling, imo. Either way, they'll get better this season.

k-oneputt
09-28-2009, 09:28 PM

Why's that, because they killed your overrated team from Ohio ?

At least they play some tough oc games, unlike the other fraud team.

psubills62
09-28-2009, 09:29 PM

Thank you...

psubills62
09-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Why's that, because they killed your overrated team from Ohio ?

At least they play some tough oc games, unlike the other fraud team.

Yeah, Charleston Southern and Arkansas State! Oh, and Wyoming!

k-oneputt
09-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Yeah, Charleston Southern and Arkansas State! Oh, and Wyoming!

There's something called a conference were every team is a tough game, especially on the home field.

I've posted PSU's oc schedule, you shouldn't be throwing stones at anyone else. They just proved it again this last saturday.

psubills62
09-28-2009, 09:38 PM
There's something called a conference were every team is a tough game, especially on the home field.

I've posted PSU's oc schedule, you shouldn't be throwing stones at anyone else. They just proved it again this last saturday.

I can throw stones at whoever I want. If you're pounding PSU for having a weak OOC schedule, I can pound the SEC for having a weak OOC schedule...and sucking against it.

I love when SEC people make the excuse that "every game is tough in the SEC, so we don't need tough OOC schedules." Suure. I'm sorry, but there is no evidence to use that excuse. When your teams lose to Duke, UCLA, Utah, Wyoming, Georgia Tech, etc. and then are competitive in-conference, it doesn't say much for that conference. Just because certain teams happen to show up for their bowl games doesn't excuse poor play the rest of the season.

DraftBoy
09-28-2009, 09:40 PM
Oh dear lord you people seriously aren't going to stop are you?

psubills62
09-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Oh dear lord you people seriously aren't going to stop are you?

Well I've got to get some sleep eventually...

DraftBoy
09-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Well I've got to get some sleep eventually...

I have no doubt what tomorrow will bring though.

k-oneputt
09-28-2009, 09:49 PM
I know LSU has N. Carolina and West Virg.next year and Florida has S. Fla. and Fla. St.

By the way, why won't PSU play Pitt ?

psubills62
09-28-2009, 09:54 PM
I know LSU has N. Carolina and West Virg.next year and Florida has S. Fla. and Fla. St.

By the way, why won't PSU play Pitt ?

No clue. A lot of PSU fans want them to...

tampabay25690
09-29-2009, 05:38 AM
Exactly.

I'm not saying PSU is great, or that the Big Ten is great. They've both been disappointing at key times lately. Big Ten is having a down decade or so. The SEC is good, but I still I still believe that some SEC teams (ahem, Ole Miss, LSU) are overrated. Florida was the only one doing decently out of conference last year before the bowl games.

I agree some are overrated but didn't LSU stomp Ohio St in National championship in the past few years??

tampabay25690
09-29-2009, 05:40 AM

I agree to disagree in all of this....
Like PSU fan said the Big 10 is having a down time right now. Fair enough..
No bashing at all on my part, I just came in the thread and starting laughing....

Any team any given Saturday can lose on momentum......Look at what is happeneing every weekend...

tampabay25690
09-29-2009, 05:43 AM
I can throw stones at whoever I want. If you're pounding PSU for having a weak OOC schedule, I can pound the SEC for having a weak OOC schedule...and sucking against it.

I love when SEC people make the excuse that "every game is tough in the SEC, so we don't need tough OOC schedules." Suure. I'm sorry, but there is no evidence to use that excuse. When your teams lose to Duke, UCLA, Utah, Wyoming, Georgia Tech, etc. and then are competitive in-conference, it doesn't say much for that conference. Just because certain teams happen to show up for their bowl games doesn't excuse poor play the rest of the season.

Same reason why doesnt the BIG 10 have a championship game????
The SEC championship game is like the National Championship game...

psubills62
09-29-2009, 08:08 AM
I agree some are overrated but didn't LSU stomp Ohio St in National championship in the past few years??

I personally think that this year, LSU is overrated. Just like PSU wasn't actually the 5th best team in the nation, I don't see LSU being the 4th best team.

Alabama is looking good though. Florida kind of disappointed me with how little they did against Tennessee. They've obviously got tons of talent, but I'd be wary going against the top teams. Hopefully Tebow is alright.

psubills62
09-29-2009, 08:10 AM
Same reason why doesnt the BIG 10 have a championship game????
The SEC championship game is like the National Championship game...

Trust me, I wish the Big Ten had a championship game. Jim Delaney has really been getting on my nerves lately with how intractable he is about changing the current system. It's obviously not working and Big Ten teams are not stepping up against decent OOC teams.

MassEffect218435
09-29-2009, 08:12 AM
I love them, Penn State is a joke and the conference is an even bigger joke. Move Penn State further south, where the real men play, and they wouldn't win five games.

psubills62
09-29-2009, 10:23 AM
I love them, Penn State is a joke and the conference is an even bigger joke. Move Penn State further south, where the real men play, and they wouldn't win five games.

I don't think we need to go over this again since you obviously didn't bother reading the other 100 posts in this thread about it. Nice, quality, original contribution though :up: