PDA

View Full Version : If the Bills win today, do you see them as a challenger for the playoffs?

BillsWin
09-27-2009, 10:20 AM
There are many reasons why I would deem a win over New Orleans as not only a "good win" but as a defining win that would say, "maybe Dick can win a big game against a good team." Although I still don't like Jauron as a head coach, a win here would mean some good coaching was involved.

In your own opinion, would a win over the Saints today mean the Bills have a chance at the playoffs?

Disclaimer: I already think the Bills have enough talent to go 10-6 to 11-5, they just need good coaching.

Pinkerton Security
09-27-2009, 10:26 AM
Im gonna sound like a huge homer but its game day and I'm pumped up.

When we beat a great offense in the Saints, after dominating the Pats for most of that game and playing well against the Bucs, I feel that we have playoffs written all over us.

GO BILLS!!!

Luisito23
09-27-2009, 10:30 AM
I would of said yes, but then I remembered last year's 4-0, 5-1 start.

BillsWin
09-27-2009, 10:31 AM
Im gonna sound like a huge homer but its game day and I'm pumped up.

When we beat a great offense in the Saints, after dominating the Pats for most of that game and playing well against the Bucs, I feel that we have playoffs written all over us.

GO BILLS!!!

I like your optimism. I cant wait for kickoff. I hope the Bills can pull off a win here. The Saints are legit in my opinion, however I stick by my opinion that they have yet to be hit in the mouth and if the Bills do that... Who knows what will happen? :idunno:

BillsWin
09-27-2009, 10:33 AM

Agreed. But also remember that we didnt beat anybody in that 4-0 start, and we had to comeback a few times in the fourth quarter anyways!

New Orleans is a real test. :monkeyp:Brees.

BillsOwnAll
09-27-2009, 10:35 AM
I dont think we need to win here today to make the playoffs. Its week three.

BillsOwnAll
09-27-2009, 10:36 AM
Agreed. But also remember that we didnt beat anybody in that 4-0 start, and we had to comeback a few times in the fourth quarter anyways!

New Orleans is a real test. :monkeyp:Brees.

Clearly. Those 4 wins were forfieted to us? Wins a Win cant help who we play.

BillsWin
09-27-2009, 10:40 AM
Clearly. Those 4 wins were forfieted to us? Wins a Win cant help who we play.

You speak the truth. My point was that they werent quality wins that say, "This team is going to the playoffs."

They said, "this team can beat bad to OK teams, but folds like a two dollar lawn chair against contenders and in divisional games. ie. Arizona, Patriots, Jets, Dolphins, etc. etc. etc."

A win here MAYBE means something is changing. However, you are right. Its week three. A loss means nothing, but a win does help!

Pinkerton Security
09-27-2009, 10:47 AM
You speak the truth. My point was that they werent quality wins that say, "This team is going to the playoffs."

They said, "this team can beat bad to OK teams, but folds like a two dollar lawn chair against contenders and in divisional games. ie. Arizona, Patriots, Jets, Dolphins, etc. etc. etc."

A win here MAYBE means something is changing. However, you are right. Its week three. A loss means nothing, but a win does help!

you're right with the fact that if we mean it MIGHT mean something is changing. In order to begin changing out culture to that of a winning one, we need to begin to actually beat GOOD teams once in a while. I keep telling my friends, dont sleep on the Bills defense, they are playing fast and if we can limit the Saints' big plays, we have a good chance of winning today!

Hemlepp53
09-27-2009, 11:40 AM
I had us as a playoff contender every year as soon as the season ends... LOL.. We are always contenders... LETS GO BUFFALO....

BillsWin
09-27-2009, 12:22 PM
2-1 would be better heading into a big division game vs. the fish than 1-2.

HHURRICANE
09-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Absolutley.

Pats look good today so maybe we are better than we look?

shelby
09-27-2009, 12:41 PM

My thoughts exactly.
:whistle:

footballhottie
09-27-2009, 01:51 PM
Disclaimer: I already think the Bills have enough talent to go 10-6 to 11-5, they just need good coaching.

And if my Aunt had balls she would be my uncle

trapezeus
09-27-2009, 01:54 PM
football is all about momentum. if the bills win this, the whole team will gain a ton of momentum.

Coaching will still be a liability, but perhaps players execute better so that we don't have to rely on coaching to pull out wins.

BillsWin
09-27-2009, 02:06 PM
football is all about momentum. if the bills win this, the whole team will gain a ton of momentum.

Coaching will still be a liability, but perhaps players execute better so that we don't have to rely on coaching to pull out wins.

good posting right there.

BillsWin
09-27-2009, 02:07 PM
And if my Aunt had balls she would be my uncle
that she would.

evol4276
09-27-2009, 02:49 PM
im gunna say yes, tho im fairly sure that if we do win you will have a hard time finding good words to be said on here afterwords, like any other time we win