• Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Michael Vick

Thoughts?

• Luisito23
    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
    • Apr 2003

Re: Michael Vick

Is he having a nice game?
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• honey
      • Aug 2002

Did his time, but I still don't like him at all. Anyone who could be mean to dogs is a horrible person in my eyes.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIK5F4zRN0Y

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

Should be in a Bills uniform.

Comment

• honey
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho
          Should be in a Bills uniform.

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

Anyone can look good against the Chefs.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
              • Sep 2003

Mistakes happen, but there's a special kind of deviance it takes to do what he did.
              "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                • Feb 2005

I don't think this thread is meant to be about whether you like Vick or not, or the morality of dog-fighting - it's about whether he is playing well today.

I am watching the Red Zone channel and have seen a few Michael Vick snaps, but not enough to form an opinion on his play. We'll see in the 2nd half here.

Comment

• honey
                  • Aug 2002

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                  I don't think this thread is meant to be about whether you like Vick or not, or the morality of dog-fighting - it's about whether he is playing well today.

I am watching the Red Zone channel and have seen a few Michael Vick snaps, but not enough to form an opinion on his play. We'll see in the 2nd half here.
                  shelby didn't specify as to whether it's about his dog-fighting days or his football days. I guess it could be just about how his shorts fit, as far as that goes.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by honey
                    shelby didn't specify as to whether it's about his dog-fighting days or his football days. I guess it could be just about how his shorts fit, as far as that goes.
                    I mean... I think we all agree that Vick is a poor human being. But he did serve his time. And we don't have to like him.

But as far as his return to football goes... it is interesting to see and discuss how people think he is playing in his 1st game back. As I said previously, I have been watching all of the 1pm games and haven't seen enough of Vick to contribute an opinion yet.
                    Last edited by DMBcrew36; 09-27-2009, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• footballhottie
                      • Feb 2005

id love him in buffalo, a Vick/Owens match up would be hott

The OG attention whore. 18 Billszone years strong

Comment

• honey
                        • Aug 2002

I mean... I think we all agree that Vick is a poor human being. But he did serve his time. And we don't have to like him.

But as far as his return to football goes... it is interesting to see and discuss how people think he is playing in his 1st game back. As I said previously, I have been watching all of the 1pm games and haven't seen enough of Vick to contribute an opinion yet.
                        I haven't been watching anything but the Vikes and the 49ers so far, so I don't have an opinion on his playing skills yet either.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by honey
                          I haven't been watching anything but the Vikes and the 49ers so far, so I don't have an opinion on his playing skills yet either.
                          The Eagles are mainly playing Kolb. Of the Vick snaps I saw, he just handed the ball off. I did see him drop back to throw but he threw it away as the pressure came on. I commended him for getting rid of the ball and not taking a sack or risking a turnover.

Comment

• honey
                            • Aug 2002

The Eagles are mainly playing Kolb. Of the Vick snaps I saw, he just handed the ball off. I did see him drop back to throw but he threw it away as the pressure came on. I commended him for getting rid of the ball and not taking a sack or risking a turnover.
                            Not bad. I think, actually, if there is no chance to throw the ball away under pressure, that it's probably better to take the sack than risk a turnover. Favre has done that a couple of times today and I was glad to see he didn't throw an int (he DID throw one, but....).

I'll have to switch the channels and watch a bit of other football, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                            X