• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Players I want benched or gone

Heres my list of guys that I want benched or gone:

Roscoe Parrish- I dont care that he can sometimes return punts, he sucks as a WR, he wants out of here, and we should accomodate him. He brings very little to the team anymore and Johnson as our #4 would help us more... let someone else return the ball.

Keith Ellison- he sucks, hes always sucked, and in this game he especially sucks. I dont even think Jauron could be dumb enough to keep Harris on the bench much longer.

Kawika Mitchell- he has done virtually nothing and is a non-factor in almost every game. Hes just another one of our LB'ers that are non-existant.

Derek Fine- He will go back to the bench in a hurry when Nelson comes back. His drops make him not worth it.

To me, right now, assuming Trent continues to progress and shows he can be the guy, I think LB is our #1 need in the offseason.
    Last edited by X-Era; 09-27-2009, 06:02 PM.

• Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: Players I want benched or gone

After that 4th and 23 play, add TRENT EDWARDS.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
      • Mar 2004

the 4th and 23rd... the team has QUIT on JAuron.

Comment

• X-Era
        • Feb 2005

More garbage from our garbage LB'ers on that TD run. They blow.

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

Fine had 2 drops but he also had 4 or 5 catches.. Why do people hate on him?

TO had as many drops as Fine and no catches.

Mitchell was in Brady'sface all day long week 1 so that is bunk to

but I agree this team needs to upgrade the LB core.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
            • Feb 2005

**** Trent. Ok yeah, against mediocre teams and mediocre defenses he is MORE than capable of throwing some checkdowns and handing the ball to his runningback. When the Bills play real teams Trent is an absolute joke.

I've had enough of Trent and his checkdown BS. It isn't Van Pelt. Van Pelt is calling plays - Trent is just optioning down. I'm now convinced that Turk Schonert lost his job because of Trent. It's time to draft a LEGIT QB or trade or sign a LEGIT QB in the offseason.

**** this whole "needing time to develop." Look at Sanchez for the Jets.
            Last edited by DMBcrew36; 09-27-2009, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

no, the team will never quit on jauron. they love him...they just play exactly like he wants them to.

Comment

• topher180
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                Heres my list of guys that I want benched or gone:

Roscoe Parrish- I dont care that he can sometimes return punts, he sucks as a WR, he wants out of here, and we should accomodate him. He brings very little to the team anymore and Johnson as our #4 would help us more... let someone else return the ball.

Keith Ellison- he sucks, hes always sucked, and in this game he especially sucks. I dont even think Jauron could be dumb enough to keep Harris on the bench much longer.

Kawika Mitchell- he has done virtually nothing and is a non-factor in almost every game. Hes just another one of our LB'ers that are non-existant.

Derek Fine- He will go back to the bench in a hurry when Nelson comes back. His drops make him not worth it.

To me, right now, assuming Trent continues to progress and shows he can be the guy, I think LB is our #1 need in the offseason.
                I agree with Roscoe, but uh, who do you expect to "plug in" if we bench Ellison and Mitchell? The LB corps were thin before Poz went down.

And as for those saying they quit on Jauron, I don't buy that. They may have just quit. If you listen to these players talk about him they gush and rave over him.

in·ept
                Adjective: Having or showing no skill; clumsy.

:historian:

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

Parrish has needed to go for a while and I just can't understand the people who defend him. The last two years I can remember three good plays from him. He isn't clutch on third downs, he isn't good at the deep ball, he isn't useful on screens, he's becoming an absolutely crappy punt returner...he is NOT worth a roster spot.
                  "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                    Fine had 2 drops but he also had 4 or 5 catches.. Why do people hate on him?

TO had as many drops as Fine and no catches.

Mitchell was in Brady'sface all day long week 1 so that is bunk to

but I agree this team needs to upgrade the LB core.
                    Did you forget the complete wiff that Mitchell had which let Taylor in for a TD? He stinks, dont fool yourself... Id rather have Palmer at this point.

TO was horrible as well, but hes at least demanding attention... Fine never will.

TO will make plays for us sooner or later.
                    Last edited by X-Era; 09-27-2009, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by topher180
                      I agree with Roscoe, but uh, who do you expect to "plug in" if we bench Ellison and Mitchell? The LB corps were thin before Poz went down.

And as for those saying they quit on Jauron, I don't buy that. They may have just quit. If you listen to these players talk about him they gush and rave over him.
                      Nic Harris should be on the field now. I would try to trade Parrish for a starting quality LB'er. We had penty of chances to sign one but didnt.

Comment

• ddaryl
                        • Jan 2005

Well I wouldn't put Trent on the list... yet , but if he doesn't learn to make it happen he needs to be upgraded next year. OR we at least need to draft his eventual replacement.

HOWEVER AVP's magic has worn off.. and he deserves a BIG FAT F for today. Fewell gets a tip of the hat and a A from me.

Jaurwrong just blows

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                          • Jul 2002

Trent Edwards should now be considered for your list.

Comment

• ddaryl
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                            Did you forget the complete wiff that Mitchell had which let Taylor in for a TD? He stinks, dont fool yourself... Id rather have Palmer at this point.

TO was horrible as well, but hes at least demanding attention... Fine never will.

TO will make plays for us sooner or later.

We can improve our LB's no doubt, but over al l they were part of unit that did hold NO in check for 3 quarters before being wore down...

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                              Well I wouldn't put Trent on the list... yet , but if he doesn't learn to make it happen he needs to be upgraded next year. OR we at least need to draft his eventual replacement.

HOWEVER AVP's magic has worn off.. and he deserves a BIG FAT F for today. Fewell gets a tip of the hat and a A from me.

Jaurwrong just blows
                              Van Pelt was horrible today...along with Edwards. Jauron blows...just like always. The defense played admirably today.

Comment

Working...
                              X