• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Trent Edwards: The Perfect Backup QB

Simply, Trent is not a starting QB.

Before the season started I made a thread about Trent's poor mechanics and he has displayed them throughout the first 3 games.

You have 2 big play WRs, one of which is a HOFer and you can't get them the football?? You kidding me?

Derek Fine and Josh Reed are your top 2 targets....

Through three games he hasn't made a single throw through the seems of the field... NO deep slants, NO deep crosses, NO post throws...

SORRY,,, Trent is a game manager. He wont lose it for you, He wont win it for you.
  • Thurmal
    • Oct 2005

Re: Trent Edwards: The Perfect Backup QB

It's maddening. Out of the top 10 WRs in the league, we are fortunate enough to have two of them, but he can't get them the ball.

I hate this team right now. A lot.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

his mechanics are ok. It's just that he just doesn't have cojones to throw it. He should send his sister home.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Edwards is not the problem.

Comment

• TheBrownBear
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mahdi

Through three games he hasn't made a single throw through the seems of the field... NO deep slants, NO deep crosses, NO post throws...
          I think he had one on that last drive in New England. Otherwise, everything you've said is correct. Trent is at best a Patrick Ramsey type.

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            Edwards is not the problem.
            Who is throwing the ball?

Trent has no excuses, he has a good run game, great WRs and decent TE play. Even his young line is doing well enough for him to make plays. He is indecisive and gun shy, and personally I dont think he throws the ball well even when he does decide.

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TheBrownBear
              I think he had one on that last drive in New England. Otherwise, everything you've said is correct. Trent is at best a Patrick Ramsey type.
              Yeah he had the gimme to TO in garbage time... the middle of the field was so open I could have thrown it in there.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi
                Who is throwing the ball?

Trent has no excuses, he has a good run game, great WRs and decent TE play. Even his young line is doing well enough for him to make plays. He is indecisive and gun shy, and personally I dont think he throws the ball well even when he does decide.
                It's not all on Edwards today. The Parrish fumble was a huge game changer and momentum killer. Our special team were horrible subtracting the gadget play. Our o-line was horrible, which by the way is where Edwards plays behind.

Is Edwards supposed to block and throw?

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

I like Edwards but I am tired of this O's inability to find its 2 top WR's, and that is something AVP an Trent need to fix NOW...

also Trent still fails to to be able to dictate a game. He plays well when th team is playng well for him, but when we need him to make plays that instills confidence in the players around him he seems to fade or can't seal the deal

If we don't start seeing the occasional 300 yd passing game, and consistent ability to involve Evans and TO then we need to look for his eventual replacement.

But the fact is he is our starter this year, nothing we moan about will change that.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                    I like Edwards but I am tired of this O's inability to find its 2 top WR's, and that is something AVP an Trent need to fix NOW...

also Trent still fails to to be able to dictate a game. He plays well when th team is playng well for him, but when we need him to make plays that instills confidence in the players around him he seems to fade or can't seal the deal

If we don't start seeing the occasional 300 yd passing game, and consistent ability to involve Evans and TO then we need to look for his eventual replacement.

But the fact is he is our starter this year, nothing we moan about will change that.
                    First intelligent criticism of Edwards. This is a fair criticism. His lack of 300 yard games and his inability to dictate a game are completely in bounds.

Comment

• TheBrownBear
                      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by ddaryl

This is an elegant critique and the one that I was searching for. We need a playmaker and a leader at the QB position. A guy like Flutie had his shortcomings (no pun intended) but he carried the team to victories during that 1998 season. We haven't gotten that kind of play since then (accept for a couple of Bledsoe games against inferior competition). Trent hasn't shown that he can be that type of guy yet...and based on what we've seen so far, I'm fearful that we may never see Edwards develop into the leader we need.

Comment

• Syderick
                        • Apr 2006

I think he's still learning. I'd like to see what he does the rest of the season to see if he progresses or regresses. He's going to have bad game like most quarterbacks do. However he's on the hotseat this season.
                        3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

I disagree, I feel that Trent may make the pro bowl this year.

Comment

• Oaf
                            Do you read what you write?
                            • Jun 2007

Some of you guys are unbelievable. Last week you're saying how's he's the top guy in the AFC, pass rating this, clutch performances that. Now this? You're tossing this guy under faster than Losman for pete's sake.

Mahdi, I usually really like your posts, but I'm glad you weren't a Giants fan pre-2007.

Comment

• Stoneludlow
                              aka: STONEHENGE
                              • May 2005

Originally posted by syd1364
                              I think he's still learning. I'd like to see what he does the rest of the season to see if he progresses or regresses. He's going to have bad game like most quarterbacks do. However he's on the hotseat this season.
                              Still learning? Correct me, but isn't this his third season in the NFL?

I don't think he has completely healed psychologically from his injury from last season.

I think it's time to see what HIS back up can do and I mean now.
                              This has been a "View From the 'STONEHENGE'"

Comment

Working...
                              X