PDA

View Full Version : Well thats it in a nutshell

X-Era
09-27-2009, 06:21 PM
This is yet another year of mediocrity.

In the offseason we blew it and did virtually nothing to drastically improve the team.

We completely gutted the OL and started a bunch of green-as-the-hills players and today they showed you what that move gets you with a bazillion penalties and tons of pressure on Trent.

We, yet again, rely almso solely on the draft and end up starting many of our rookies... well, they will play like rookies.

Today, yet again, we saw an uninspired team that couldnt take advantage when they had the chance to.

Jauron is as good as gone, thats certain at this point.
That means all new coaches, probably an all new QB, and severla more years of crap until our next version gets good enough to be decent.

No, were not the Jets.

Number 1, we wont move up that high in the draft for anyone remember? We cant afford to, we dont want to pay those big contracts and we also need every pick to be a starter... we dont like to sign starters in the offseason.

Number 2, We dont have enough of the pieces on defense or offense to have a rookie QB come in and get a bunch of wins.

No, its more years of mediocrity for several years to come.

trapezeus
09-27-2009, 06:26 PM
first of all, it's a long season. i find no reason to believe we will be mediocre. i think we'll flat out be bad.

second, i think a new coach can come in and work with some of the talent on this team. the OL is good, and it's young.

and i think a mid season firing is a way to motivate the players and respect the players. Why have them play a meaningless season and risk injury witha a passionless coach. get them a gruden, ask him to evaluate the team right now and see how they do. then let him help in the draft and free agency after viewing these guys under his game plans.

X-Era
09-27-2009, 06:30 PM
first of all, it's a long season. i find no reason to believe we will be mediocre. i think we'll flat out be bad.

second, i think a new coach can come in and work with some of the talent on this team. the OL is good, and it's young.

and i think a mid season firing is a way to motivate the players and respect the players. Why have them play a meaningless season and risk injury witha a passionless coach. get them a gruden, ask him to evaluate the team right now and see how they do. then let him help in the draft and free agency after viewing these guys under his game plans.

I want a HC who has won a SB. I would take Gruden in a heart beat. The other part is that I want a HC that can stand up to Mr. Slick, a.k.a. Russ and demand signing good quality talent in the offseason.

Gruden wont stand for a team made up of so many youngsters.... he knows that you need playmaking vets to be good.

trapezeus
09-27-2009, 06:34 PM
i just don't think the talent is that bad....i did at the beginning of the season....but they played well on defense.

the team as a whole lacks confidence and as no idea who to look to when they need guidance. i think gruden or cowher helps them execute better. they don't let parrish on the field after the fumble and two weeks of piss poor play.

X-Era
09-28-2009, 06:05 AM
i just don't think the talent is that bad....i did at the beginning of the season....but they played well on defense.

the team as a whole lacks confidence and as no idea who to look to when they need guidance. i think gruden or cowher helps them execute better. they don't let parrish on the field after the fumble and two weeks of piss poor play.

I would love either.

But, its going to take money that we usually wont spend, and we would have to get one of these guys to want to coach here.

Gruden seemed to show us a lot of love... maybe hes trolling for a job.

Id be very happy with him, he wont have this team playing soft, that's for sure.

chernobylwraiths
09-28-2009, 06:25 AM
Don't want Gruden, he took Dungy's team and won a superbowl with it, then it went downhill. Sure, he's better than Jauron, but who isn't. I feel the same way about Shanahan. I believe that either of those two guys comes in and MAYBE makes the playoffs, but that might be it. Now, I'm not saying I would hate those hires, but I would prefer a guy with a more proven track record in winning. The only guy that I could see in that way is Cowher. I also like Schotenheimer, even though he hasn't won a superbowl or made one, his teams are always winning. Maybe Ralph would consider him since he used to play for the Bills. Either way, this coaching staff and most of this front office needs to go.

Jan Reimers
09-28-2009, 06:38 AM
I think we all believed - or at least hoped - that Trent would develop into a legitimate NFL QB. With his timid, checkdown, play-not-to-lose mentality, I no longer see that happening.

Without a legit QB, it's really back to the old drawing board.

X-Era
09-28-2009, 07:05 AM
I think we all believed - or at least hoped - that Trent would develop into a legitimate NFL QB. With his timid, checkdown, play-not-to-lose mentality, I no longer see that happening.

Without a legit QB, it's really back to the old drawing board.

Its back to the old drawing board above the ranks of our QB.

And with a new HC, were likely looking at a new QB anyways, so I think you will get your wish.

Jan Reimers
09-28-2009, 07:13 AM
Its back to the old drawing board above the ranks of our QB.

And with a new HC, were likely looking at a new QB anyways, so I think you will get your wish.
I agree. A gutless, play-not-to-lose QB would only be acceptable to a gutless, play-not-to-lose coach like Jauron.

Michael82
09-28-2009, 04:57 PM
I agree. A gutless, play-not-to-lose QB would only be acceptable to a gutless, play-not-to-lose coach like Jauron.
Exactly!

Ebenezer
09-28-2009, 05:00 PM
guys, like they said on the radio today...he doesn't play not to lose...he plays to "keep it respectable"...that's pathetic.