PDA

View Full Version : Our OL sucks

Mitchell55
09-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Wood had probably the worst games ive ever seen by a OLmen. Hangartner cant even snap the ball, and our OTs looked bad, I think Bell was benched.

ddaryl
09-27-2009, 06:30 PM
they had a crap game... but 1 out of 3 bad games for a young OL isn't what I would consider sucks..

but yes they sucked today as a unit... and yes Wood was having a bad game..

what did anyone expect when we started 2 rookies and a 3rd 1st time starter...

don137
09-27-2009, 06:33 PM
What concerns me is when it was obvious passing situations the OL were consistently beat at the end of the game and Edwards could not even make a decent attempt to throw the ball down field. Same thing happened in the NE game. This OL is a definite work in progress. They had a very bad game today.

Borosai
09-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Everything considered, they've done a good job up to now. I think the foundation is there, but they need experience as a unit and individually. It's too soon to give up on them.

xXSpIkes5IXx
09-27-2009, 06:39 PM
Wood had probably the worst games ive ever seen by a OLmen. Hangartner cant even snap the ball, and our OTs looked bad, I think Bell was benched.

Im starting to think that if this staff is serious about winning the rest of the season, we need to bring in a guy with some experience.

New Orleans roasted us, pressure up the middle with 3 and 4 man fronts. We have TO and Lee Evans, we NEED to have an o line that can give Trent time to take 5 or 7 step drops, step up in the pocket, and make his throws.

Right now it looks to me like hes sensing the pressure immediately and taking the underneath patterns, which we cant be doing with those 2 top end deep threats.

Jaybird
09-27-2009, 07:13 PM
the young oline was exposed today. They need the experience, but we have some studs!

YardRat
09-27-2009, 07:43 PM
They are young...they are going to 'suck' quite a bit.

Hell, this was a home game...wait until they play a decent defense on the road.

You can't plug in five new players on the line and expect much, especially mostly rookies.

Get used to it...it's going to be a long season.

DMBcrew36
09-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Well, I'm certainly sick of the penalty flags being thrown on our offense. It points to poor coaching and inexperience.

HHURRICANE
09-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Your front office took the gamble and this is the result. Don't blame Edwards or TO.

TheBrownBear
09-27-2009, 08:29 PM
The line had been good up until today. They get a pass since there's like 40 starts between the 5 of them.

HHURRICANE
09-27-2009, 08:31 PM
The line had been good up until today. They get a pass since there's like 40 starts between the 5 of them.

Why do they get a pass? It's not like these guys got here do to some other plan. The FO said these guys were good enough to win now. Sorry, no excuses.

TheBrownBear
09-27-2009, 08:35 PM
Why do they get a pass? It's not like these guys got here do to some other plan. The FO said these guys were good enough to win now. Sorry, no excuses.

They should be criticized for their play today - no doubt. I'd agree with the OP if the title of the thread was "Our OL sucked." But to state categorically that they suck, when we only have three games in which to evaluate them, and in which two of them they were solid to good, seems overly myopic. IMO.

I criticize Trent and draw conclusions about his future performance based on a 3 year body of work. What we saw today out of Trent is what we saw last year when this team went into a tailspin. A guy that's gunshy, lacking confidence, and is off when he does make the throw. It's not that he can't play a solid game from time to time, but the consistency just isn't there...and this is now year 3. He needs to make it happen the rest of the season or he's toast.

HHURRICANE
09-27-2009, 08:41 PM
They should be criticized for their play today - no doubt. I'd agree with the OP if the title of the thread was "Our OL sucked." But to state categorically that they suck, when we only have three games in which to evaluate them, and in which two of them they were solid to good, seems overly myopic. IMO.

I criticize Trent and draw conclusions about his future performance based on a 3 year body of work. What we saw today out of Trent is what we saw last year when this team went into a tailspin. A guy that's gunshy, lacking confidence, and is off when he does make the throw. It's not that he can't play a solid game from time to time, but the consistency just isn't there...and this is now year 3. He needs to make it happen the rest of the season or he's toast.

I'd remind you that after 3 weeks Edwards has a better completion %, passer rating, and more touchdownds than Tom Brady.

So before we throw him under the bus I think we could fin more consistant weaknesses on this team.