PDA

View Full Version : Lions WR Anderson stabbed outside club

Cntrygal
05-26-2003, 03:32 PM
Detroit Lions receiver Scotty Anderson and his brother were stabbed in the parking lot of a Houston nightclub early Monday after a scuffle with another club patron.

Anderson's brother, Stevie, once a receiver with the New York Jets and Arizona Cardinals, was critically wounded and is hospitalized, Houston police spokesman Alvin Wright told The Associated Press.

Scotty Anderson's his injuries didn't appear to be life-threatening, Wright said.

more... (http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/articles/20030526/475342.html)

FischInMich
05-26-2003, 10:53 PM
When I said he would be cut this year, this is not what I had in mind.....

Fat Tony
05-26-2003, 10:55 PM
Who are you, Johhny Carson? :rofl:

FischInMich
05-26-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Fat Tony
Who are you, Johhny Carson? :rofl:

Haha.....not really something to joke about, but had to while I had the chance.....

Knowing how errogant some NFL players are in public, I wouldn't be surprised if he and his brother started the whole mess. Doesn't justify a stabbing, but I'm sure the provoked it.

Gunzlingr
05-27-2003, 07:25 AM
Lions receiver Scotty Anderson is recovering from a wound in his upper left arm suffered in a stabbing incident in Houston early Monday that left his brother, Stevie, in critical condition.

Scotty Anderson, who has played two seasons with the Lions, was treated for his injuries at Hermann Hospital and released. He has been excused from reporting today for the start of a three-week mini-camp at the team's headquarters in Allen Park.

Houston police have arrested Christopher Lemar Robinson and Charles Edward Jones in the incident. The two men have been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. No charges were filed against the Anderson brothers.

Stevie Anderson, a former receiver with the Jets and Cardinals, had multiple stab wounds. A thigh wound apparently resulted in a loss of blood that left him in critical condition, Alvin Wright, a civilian information officer with the Houston Police Dept., said Monday.

The Lions issued the following statement: "The Detroit Lions' thoughts and prayers are with Scotty Anderson and his family during this difficult time. The Lions' family is hoping for Stevie's full and complete recovery."

more (http://www.detnews.com/2003/lions/0305/27/d03-175921.htm)

The_Philster
05-27-2003, 07:06 PM
Detroit Lions head coach Steve Mariucci told Scotty Anderson not to attend the team's passing camp after the wide receiver was stabbed outside a southwest Houston nightclub.

Anderson, 23, and his brother, Stevie, were stabbed early Monday in Houston. Although Scotty Anderson was treated and released with a left forearm injury, his brother remained in the hospital in critical condition Tuesday.

"When I spoke with him last night, I insisted that he stay back there,'' Mariucci said Tuesday. "I felt it was important for him to be with his family and take care of family business, much more important than this minicamp.''...

more (http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0527/1559559.html)

Gunzlingr
05-28-2003, 07:57 AM
May 28, 2003

BY CURT SYLVESTER
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

Scotty Anderson will be under no pressure from the Lions to resume off-season workouts while he and his brother recover from injuries suffered in a stabbing outside a Houston nightclub early Monday.

The third-year wide receiver missed the first day of organized team activities Tuesday in Allen Park, and coach Steve Mariucci said he urged Anderson to remain with his family as long as needed.

"We don't need him here this week," Mariucci said. "I think his family needs him there this week. In due time, he'll be in."

Anderson, 23, was treated for stab wounds in his upper left arm and was released shortly after the incident. But his brother Stevie, 33, suffered more serious injuries, including a thigh wound that resulted in a significant blood loss. Stevie was in critical condition late Monday. His family asked that no information be released about him Tuesday

more (http://www.freep.com/sports/lions/lions28_20030528.htm)

The_Philster
08-07-2003, 08:06 PM
ALLEN PARK -- Scotty Anderson still likes a little style and flash, even in the way he dresses for practice. One day, he'll cover his football shoes with black tape, leaving only the blue toes showing. Other days, it'll be all white.

"I love it," Anderson said. "Billy (Schroeder) says he wants to see me do something different every day."

That's for show -- putting fun in the daily practice grind of the Lions' training camp.

Anderson is approaching his third training camp with the Lions with a more serious approach than ever. In one of the hardest ways he ever could have imagined, he has learned that football might be a game, but it's also a job....
more (http://www.detnews.com/2003/lions/0308/07/c01-238780.htm)

imbondz
08-07-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by FischInMich
When I said he would be cut this year, this is not what I had in mind.....

:rofl: